The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

I am currently at cedar point and the dragster may be the most intense ride I've ever ridden, millennium force also makes the superman feel the the kiddie park.... And alcohol has been consumed

My extremities tingled the first time I got off the dragster. Most purely thrilling thing I've ever experienced.

My extremities tingled the first time I got off the dragster. Most purely thrilling thing I've ever experienced.

I've never made it on. The lines have always been a few hours long or it's been broken. 

But Millenium is awesome. A friend and I rode front seat 5x in a row at the end of the night. 

Just watch out for mayfly season... you don't want to be on the front car during that... made that mistake once. I was finding smashed bugs on my body the rest of the night and it just freakin' hurts being a windshield at 60+ mph. 

I've got nothing but respect for people who do what's best for them. My best friend got her tubes tied last year. She knew that she never wanted children and both her and her husband struggled too much with mental illness to feel they could raise a child. Having a family/some friends who support you is so incredibly important. 

For me it's harder that most of the people who want me to have kids ARE nice about it... it's this soft disappointment they express followed quickly by "but of course it's your choice" that just wrenches at my heart. I'll probably end up doing it, d4rk wants kids, it just won't be as soon as people seem to think it should be. I would prefer to have a home, a bit of money saved up, ideally marriage out of the way first. I dreamed I would travel/get another degree/do something with my life before I went down that road, but ... who knows, I've got a few years I guess. I keep viewing it as this guillotine slamming down on my life and ending it as I know it. I'm selfish.

You're not entirely wrong about the life ending stuff. Best enjoy what you do for work, that's the majority of the time you'll have to yourself (in my experience).

What the hell do you people think happens when you have a kid? I have one of the most life changing kid situations that there can possibly be and I don't think my life changed that much. I play hockey. I'm in a band. My wife goes to yoga and goes on trips. We go camping. I mean, we had to cut out the week long sex parties, but I was getting tired of those anyway.

I think there are two reasons why a person's' life changes so drastically when they have kids. Either they weren't so thrilled about their life to begin with so they use their kids as an excuse for a reboot, or their the spouse (usually the husband) is a douche and doesn't pick up the slack when they want to do their own thing.

I'm happy it worked out for you. I'm also guessing you have support family nearby or something. MrsPie and I are pretty much on our own here, so the only way we get out of the house without LPM is if we're prepared to blow $50-$100 on a sitter. MrsPIe is home all day with kiddo, so me going off to have fun after work is rarely an option. I do get a couple hours after bedtime to do my own thing, but that's slowly taking a toll on my health from lack of sleep.

Damn, why isn't complaint Thursday open.

You guys need a hot date, I tell you that much is clear.

It's just a different kind of exhilaration. Speed is a drug for some. I know it is for me. Mix heights into it and take away all illusion of control...0-125mph in 3 seconds, then straight up, straight down and back to 125mph. That's gotta be, like 400kmh. It's so fun.

Speed is a crazy thing, it's exhilarating, I am looking to finally upgrade my wheels, idk if ill wait until next summer, but the new z06 vette does 0-60 in 2.9 and it is a reasonable price for the HP, I just never saw myself as a vette guy.... I'll prolly just putt around in my subaru for a while

Speed is a crazy thing, it's exhilarating, I am looking to finally upgrade my wheels, idk if ill wait until next summer, but the new z06 vette does 0-60 in 2.9 and it is a reasonable price for the HP, I just never saw myself as a vette guy.... I'll prolly just putt around in my subaru for a while

To me, the Vette screams "55 year old, successful plumber"

Not making fun of plumbers. You can replace that with thousands of other professions if you'd like.

For the scratch you're gonna drop on the Z06 you might as well drop 10k more and get a 911. At least that screams "European plumber." ????

All tongue in cheek. Please don't take this seriously.

Edited by ubkev

To me, the Vette screams "55 year old, successful plumber"

Not making fun of plumbers. You can replace that with thousands of other professions if you'd like.

For the scratch you're gonna drop on the Z06 you might as well drop 10k more and get a 911. At least that screams "European plumber." ????

All tongue in cheek. Please don't take this seriously.

Lol I get it, I like the audi R8, and I don't need a toy, but it's allure is tempting..... The new Z06 looks very nice and a 911, for a good one at least, is 200k....ive driven a 911 4S and it was OK, but not worth it. I'm more looking for the HP and speed for the buck, it's more of having something that can throw me back in my seat and have a targa top.

I think porsche's are also for douches lol (and I had a cayenne turbo for a year) and felt like one.

Lol I get it, I like the audi R8, and I don't need a toy, but it's allure is tempting..... The new Z06 looks very nice and a 911, for a good one at least, is 200k....ive driven a 911 4S and it was OK, but not worth it. I'm more looking for the HP and speed for the buck, it's more of having something that can throw me back in my seat and have a targa top.

I think porsche's are also for douches lol (and I had a cayenne turbo for a year) and felt like one.

I know exactly how you feel. I'll be done with my car soon and I've already worked out a plan. Drive a grocery getter (suv) for 3 years, the kiddo turns 18, I save money, then I get something stupid fun.

I've driven my cousins Viper a couple of times. That'll definitely throw you in the back seat...great car, as long as you don't expect it to turn, at all!

It's just a different kind of exhilaration. Speed is a drug for some. I know it is for me. Mix heights into it and take away all illusion of control...0-125mph in 3 seconds, then straight up, straight down and back to 125mph. That's gotta be, like 400kmh. It's so fun.

Love heights, love roller coasters. Wanna try sky diving and base jumping.

One small catch to that for me. I don't like flying. Hate it! No rational reason for it at all. I've done it a bunch of times. Don't like it. But if the opportunity presents itself, I'll jump out of a perfectly good airplane.

When I was in the navy, a long time ago, I wasn't in medicine, but I was a combat photographer for a tad under 4 years. I did underwater and Ariel photography and that included many jumps, it's amazing. Now it was wonderful but as I age, I still skydive once a year (usually) but it's a bit unnerving looking down from 18k feet knowing you're going out.... There are a ton of local affordable places!!

As for the fast car, I have always wanted a viper growing up, and though a V10 can be had with similar HP, the lack of handling and overall experience in the SRT has led me to Chevy.

To each his own I guess. It's one thing to take kids you care about and witness their joy and excitement. It's quite another to do it for your own "fun". Hours of standing in line, in the Florida heat, surrounded by 1,000 of children you have no emotional attachment to. Maybe it's just me but there's not enough booze in the world to make me want to do that.

I'm with you, I'm not that far away from it and I haven't been there in 23 years. And I have no desire to get there any time soon. 

I know exactly how you feel. I'll be done with my car soon and I've already worked out a plan. Drive a grocery getter (suv) for 3 years, the kiddo turns 18, I save money, then I get something stupid fun.

I've driven my cousins Viper a couple of times. That'll definitely throw you in the back seat...great car, as long as you don't expect it to turn, at all!

Top thrill dragster it the greatest!

I drag race, speed and acceleration don't scare me in the least.

But get me a few feet off the ground.................... heights suck! I just can't do it. 

Speaking of Batmen, hot take incoming: Will Arnett and Adam West are the two best, in that order.  Their versions properly capture the tongue-in-cheek absurdity of the material.  When the comics went all dark and gritty in the 80's was when the entire concept jumped the shark.  Take it from me, a guy who hasn't purchased or read a comic book since about 1993.