The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

6 hours ago, Weave said:

This afternoon I am officially a Father-In-Law to be.

Knob Creek private selection single barrel 120 proof to celebrate.

And it goes without saying, he's her problem now.  🤣

Weave, congratulations!!!!!

• Like (+1) 2

I'm having my front steps redone because they're beginning to crumble. $2600 for demo, materials and labor. Thank you very much!

Now, to redo the pillars on the porch, and add a rail all the way around with spindles to match the pillars, whoooo boy! $3600 before labor. Materials are a friggin fortune right now!

On 8/18/2021 at 2:46 PM, ubkev said:

I'm having my front steps redone because they're beginning to crumble. $2600 for demo, materials and labor. Thank you very much!

Now, to redo the pillars on the porch, and add a rail all the way around with spindles to match the pillars, whoooo boy! $3600 before labor. Materials are a friggin fortune right now!

My back porch is wood and I'd like to rebuild it, but considering the cost of materials right now I'll wait a bit.  It's not in that bad shape yet.

2 hours ago, inkman said:

Just got stung by 3 or more Wasps.  These things suck. Good news, shower beers, THC gummies and a couple of bowls really make you forget it ever happened.  

I wonder if that works better than an epipen?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

150k from each named though, that's a pretty penny. Tis the world we live in now. 

Sure, so all tolled it won't even be a million.  That's a lot of $ for most people, but not a record company, not the Cobain estate, not David Grohl (SP) and just about anyone else named in that thing.

Also, all these folks are being sued 'cus the little guy's parents were idiots and didn't get a proper contract for the use of the photo in the first place.  No $ to be had by suing your parents and being an idiot is not grounds for a lawsuit, I suppose.

I also find it kind of wierd to claim sexual exploitation, but then say that you have re-created the photo many times.

41 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Sure, so all tolled it won't even be a million.  That's a lot of $ for most people, but not a record company, not the Cobain estate, not David Grohl (SP) and just about anyone else named in that thing.

Also, all these folks are being sued 'cus the little guy's parents were idiots and didn't get a proper contract for the use of the photo in the first place.  No $ to be had by suing your parents and being an idiot is not grounds for a lawsuit, I suppose.

I also find it kind of wierd to claim sexual exploitation, but then say that you have re-created the photo many times.

Yep, this is looking for an easy handout. But we fostered this culture. A judge should take one look at this and toss the case, set a prescident. Until then we'll see all these cases. 

1 hour ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I'm at my community pool currently and there are about 9 kids here.... It's 90 degrees and hot as heck out here.... All the kids are huddled around a table away from the water and playground with tik tok on. What a sad existence this has become. 

I will, someday, swim in that pool,... because I have will have bought one of those houses. I really like that woodsy enclave.

4 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

I loved Albania.  We did not see much, but we were smuggled in by a taxi driver in Montenegro.

I almost died in Montenegro in January, my car they said was a 4wd was not and I got caught in a blizzard on this tiny mountain road with no protection and a very very far fall on one side; in the black mountains. Still an epic adventure. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1