The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

9 minutes ago, ubkev said:

The other night I had to work til 6pm then come right back in at 2am. At 5:57 the phone rang, and I had to go pay out the poker room Bad Beat Jackpot. It's only 14 pieces of paperwork between 7 different people and all of their tax information. *****, I wanted to murder the poker supervisor who made that call. All they had to do was wait 3 minutes. (The manager relieving me came out and cut me loose after 45 minutes of paperwork and phone calls.)

Ugh.  My boss showed up 20 minutes late.  It was a Microsoft Teams meeting.  I could have done it from home.  He reeled of my employee roster.  I confirmed. End of meeting.  That could have easily been done via email.  

We are switching from 12 hour shifts to 8.  2/3 of my staff will be excited. The other 1/3 I have to move from 6am-6pm to B shift.  I can’t officially tell them as no one from corporate has come up with a plan.  Everyone is finding out through the grapevine and they have all sorts of questions.  

To make matters worse, I have a new hire for the open spot I had on days. Now I have to tell him he’s going to a shift he didn’t want.  He already left his old job.  

2 minutes ago, inkman said:

Ugh.  My boss showed up 20 minutes late.  It was a Microsoft Teams meeting.  I could have done it from home.  He reeled of my employee roster.  I confirmed. End of meeting.  That could have easily been done via email.  

We are switching from 12 hour shifts to 8.  2/3 of my staff will be excited. The other 1/3 I have to move from 6am-6pm to B shift.  I can’t officially tell them as no one from corporate has come up with a plan.  Everyone is finding out through the grapevine and they have all sorts of questions.  

To make matters worse, I have a new hire for the open spot I had on days. Now I have to tell him he’s going to a shift he didn’t want.  He already left his old job.  

So what's the shift breakdown going to be? 7-3, 3-11, 11-7 or something worse? 

1 hour ago, Ogre said:

Tell them that B is for better.  Is there any premium paid for B or C?

It's better of you want to go out and get absolutely hammered every single night.

...in my experience.

Thank God I'm past that point in my life now. My liver couldn't take much more.

TIL that I should do some research before posting to facebook marketplace.  Sold an old rocking outdoor loveseat today.  Had 20 replies within 20 minutes of posting and 3 people wanting to pick up immediately.  Alarms went off and dis some research a little too late.  My asking price was low by a factor of 10 or 20.  

Now I know what the rest of the stuff we have is worth.  Oops.

• 2 weeks later...

I just want it known that I am currently wearing a t-shirt with the sleeves cut off.

It’s not because I’m insecure, though.

It’s because, well, my wife likes it and, um, I pretty much do what she tells me to do.

Plus, it’s really ***** hot. (the temperature, not me wearing a sleeveless tee, you creeps)

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, SwampD said:

I just want it known that I am currently wearing a t-shirt with the sleeves cut off.

It’s not because I’m insecure, though.

It’s because, well, my wife likes it and, um, I pretty much do what she tells me to do.

Plus, it’s really ***** hot. (the temperature, not me wearing a sleeveless tee, you creeps)

I just recently turned over some shirts in my sleeveless t-shirt collection. Tearing the sleeves off a shirt is pretty satisfying. 

13 minutes ago, darksabre said:

I just recently turned over some shirts in my sleeveless t-shirt collection. Tearing the sleeves off a shirt is pretty satisfying. 

Absolutely. And there is no way I’m paying for wife beaters.

Anywhere that is appropriate for me to wear a purchased wife beater (meaning, nowhere that anyone is going to see me in it,) a cut off sleeveless tee is fine.

24 minutes ago, darksabre said:

The leftover sleeve makes a nice hard hat liner.

26 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Absolutely. And there is no way I’m paying for wife beaters.

Anywhere that is appropriate for me to wear a purchased wife beater (meaning, nowhere that anyone is going to see me in it,) a cut off sleeveless tee is fine.

Lol, wife beaters are my home wardrobe. Suit and tie come off, beater stays. Add gym shorts/sweat pants. However, I will never leave the house like that.

• Like (+1) 2

My wife just texted me and asked if I wanted to have a fire tonight. Yeah, sure babe, it's 96 *****in degrees outside, let's make it hotter. Fires are for May and late September to October.

I'm not real worried. She's at the beach right now. The sun will take this bad idea out of her.

• Like (+1) 1

For the financial gurus out there...is there any negative to transferring savings from a federal credit union to this high yield savings account with Marcus? Seems like an easy way to increase my dividends on stationary money; too easy to the point where I'm hesitant.

https://www.marcus.com/us/en/savings/high-yield-savings

7 minutes ago, WildCard said:

For the financial gurus out there...is there any negative to transferring savings from a federal credit union to this high yield savings account with Marcus? Seems like an easy way to increase my dividends on stationary money; too easy to the point where I'm hesitant.

https://www.marcus.com/us/en/savings/high-yield-savings

Pfft, savings? I'll be dying pennyless. 

Seriously, I earned exactly 1 dollar in savings interest last year.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, ubkev said:

Pfft, savings? I'll be dying pennyless. 

Seriously, I earned exactly 1 dollar in savings interest last year.

I plan to die massively in debt, so long as my wife(s) kick the bucket first.

Let someone else (hopefully my pain in the ass family) worry about it.

• Like (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

I plan to die massively in debt, so long as my wife(s) kick the bucket first.

Let someone else (hopefully my pain in the ass family) worry about it.

Now that's what I'm talking about!

• Like (+1) 1

We lost a neighbor last night  😞

A few times last year, one of the neighbors did a fund raiser for her next door neighbor who was battling cancer:  Her family made breakfast tacos for donations.  She did a few times (I would guess she made thousands of tacos each time).  I hadn't heard anything for a few months and yesterday the taco lady came by and said that Christy (who was about 40 and had young kids) had passed away, and now she was fundraising for her funeral expenses.  A long illness can really clean someone out financially.  😞

I had a $20 bill on me so I gave her that.  (I don't doubt it will go to the right place, this woman has gone above and beyond to help her neighbor.)

Life is too short.  Appreciate what you've got.

Edited by Doohickie
  • Sad 1