The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

2 hours ago, Weave said:

Whiskey 7.  They get that bird up in the air fairly frequently.  We see it flying by our house occasionally.

We have a C-47 based in Fort Worth.  Several people I know have gone for rides... I haven't yet.  It's common to see it flying around on the weekend and the thrum of the twin engines reminds me of when DC-3s used to fly into Buffalo Airport when I was a kid.... that's a sound that sticks with you.

• Like (+1) 1

I took a solo road trip to Lee, Ma today. I lived in Otis for a little while so I know the area well. 

My primary purpose was to visit the recreational dispensary there. What a place! There was a line out the door and cars pulling in for pick up every two seconds. They had a very sizable workforce as well. Very well run place.

Felt amazing to buy legally for the first time in the 33 years that I’ve been indulging! I didn’t need “flowers” as they referred to them. Plenty of flowers here. I was really in the market for vape cartridges for an upcoming beach vacation.

They are fantastic! I hope I save enough for my vacation!😉

Never thought I’d live to see the day. Can’t wait to see little shops like this one all over my area.

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, darksabre said:

I'm 34 and just set an appointment to get my first ever primary care doctor. Figuring my health luck might not last forever here 😂 

I saw my pediatrician before I left home for college. I didn't see another doctor until I turned 34 because I figured I might need a check-up. No issues. I have been for 2 check-ups since then and I did have an elective surgery, but yeah, I spend a lot of money for insurance that I never use. 

Just go to the dentist twice a year. That's 100% necessary!

Edited by ubkev
To sound like less of a douche bag

36 minutes ago, ubkev said:

I saw my pediatrician before I left home for college. I didn't see another doctor until I turned 34 because I figured I might need a check-up. No issues. I have been for 2 check-ups since then and I did have an elective surgery, but yeah, I spend a lot of money for insurance that I never use. 

I've always been pretty good about the dentist. Bad teeth will mess your ***** up a lot quicker than pretty much anything else. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ubkev said:

That was me. Then at about age 43, under a lot of stress, I went to the doctor with complaints of heart palpitations. I ended up having an MRI of my brain with contrast at the local hospital. It didn't make sense until I learned that the doc had a kickback arrangement with the hospital to send business their way.

The worried well are worth billions.

Edited by PASabreFan
n

22 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

That was me. Then at about age 43, under a lot of stress, I went to the doctor with complaints of heart palpitations. I ended up having an MRI of my brain with contrast at the local hospital. It didn't make sense until I learned that the doc had a kickback arrangement with the hospital to send business their way.

The worried well are worth billions.

At this point, I'm just having them tell me I'm fine once a year for the next 3 years before they put me under and break out the roto rooter.

On 8/7/2021 at 12:21 PM, PASabreFan said:

It flew from Geneseo this morning.

http://www.nationalwarplanemuseum.com/

Interesting.  I grew up in Buffalo.  Graduated from RIT.  I spent 40 years in the Aerosoace and Defense Indusrty.  Mostly working on Fighters and then later Unmanned Systems and Advanced Programs. I never knew such a place existed in Geneseo. Why Geneseo?  

Now I’m retired and spend much of the summer and Fall in WNY.  I am adding this to my list of places to see.  

1 hour ago, Pimlach said:

Interesting.  I grew up in Buffalo.  Graduated from RIT.  I spent 40 years in the Aerosoace and Defense Indusrty.  Mostly working on Fighters and then later Unmanned Systems and Advanced Programs. I never knew such a place existed in Geneseo. Why Geneseo?  

Now I’m retired and spend much of the summer and Fall in WNY.  I am adding this to my list of places to see.  

A totally different direction, but this came through Fort Worth this weekend.  Also a product of WWII, it was built to haul war materiel over the Rocky Mountains.  It weighs in at 1.2 MILLION pounds.

big%20boy.png?cb=9d3627798a44baedfed7386
It's currently the largest operational steam locomotive.  For scale, check out the people standing in the left part of the frame.

https://fwtx.com/news/union-pacific’s-big-boy-locomotive-coming-to-fort-worth/

image.thumb.png.2e0fbf20315d7a72a6f51f50fd896074.png

A friend of mine posted this video to Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/pallentx/posts/10219926880618593

Edited by Doohickie
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

56 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

It's totally worth it. I was there back in the spring when they were getting the planes out of the hangar. I've got a bunch more rolls of film from that day I need to process soon.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

On 8/10/2021 at 11:41 AM, darksabre said:

I'm 34 and just set an appointment to get my first ever primary care doctor. Figuring my health luck might not last forever here 😂 

Dude, how are you only 34?  You look like you're my age.

• Haha (+1) 4