GDT: Buffalo @ Philadelphia, 7:30 PM ET, 10/25/2016, NBCSN

WildCard

It would be understandable if it was somebody like McCabe who can lug the mail if needed, but Gorges? To me thats a sign Bylsma doesnt trust Risto on his own in the d-zone if they lose possession off the draw.

Even not trusting Risto, there are better options. I should add that I really like Gorges. Putting him out in 3 on freaking 3 is a disservice to his him and his talents, and the team.

Buffalo is now 1-4 on the season;   Edmonton seems to be delivering on their tank and rebuild - Buffalo, not so much.  Buffalo keeps finding ways to defeat from the jaws of victory!   

Where is this fast turnaround that Murray promised Sabres fans?  I'm from Missouri, Tim Murray. Show me!     

It would be understandable if it was somebody like McCabe who can lug the mail if needed, but Gorges? To me thats a sign Bylsma doesnt trust Risto on his own in the d-zone if they lose possession off the draw.

I don't think it's indicative of his view of Risto, who shut down a 2 on 1 today and also stuffed a Flyer in OT 1 on 1. He uses Risto in the hardest situations out of any d-man on the team. He obviously trusts Risto, and a lot more than you do. (Or me, because I'd give Risto a better partner and fewer minutes.)

I think he does it because he coaches not to lose. To hold on for dear life until the shootout comes, which is odd, because we haven't been good at those since we were trying to lose games on purpose.

Buffalo is now 1-4 on the season;   Edmonton seems to be delivering on their tank and rebuild - Buffalo, not so much.  Buffalo keeps finding ways to ###### defeat from the jaws of victory!   

Where is this fast turnaround that Murray promised Sabres fans?  I'm from Missouri, Tim Murray. Show me!

Let's hope our rebuild doesn't take as long as Edmonton's. They had to trade away TWO first overall picks. That's nearly unprecedented. If our rebuild gets that far along with no success it would be like if we get to the point where we trade 2 of Eichel, Reinhart, Nylander and Ristolainen.

Let's hope we don't get that far.

Buffalo is now 1-4 on the season;   Edmonton seems to be delivering on their tank and rebuild - Buffalo, not so much.  Buffalo keeps finding ways to ###### defeat from the jaws of victory!   

Murray never promised that. He said he didn't believe in 5 year turnarounds. His beliefs are irrelevant

Buffalo is now 1-4 on the season; Edmonton seems to be delivering on their tank and rebuild - Buffalo, not so much. Buffalo keeps finding ways to ###### defeat from the jaws of victory!

Where is this fast turnaround that Murray promised Sabres fans? I'm from Missouri, Tim Murray. Show me!

Umm...Jack Eichel isn't playing yet

Do you think not having Eichel and Kane is hurting this team right now?

Kulikov is much better than Pysyk IMO, bad penalty excluded

On the bright side, I think the defensemen played well tonight. Risto had his best game. Gorges looked good. Kulikov was sweet. I didn't even notice Bogosian, which is great. McCabe had limited time but looked fine, and Franson wasn't awful.

I haven't agreed with you 2 guys much lately but I am in total agreement with you on these.

Two bad timed penalties. Three front line players out and we saw the results. Still a terrible loss in the way we gave one away but some posters are being a bit overblown in negativity this early and most are holding overblown expectations going into this given our injuries and scheduling thus far. Buffalo fan syndrome in full action .

Two bad timed penalties. Three front line players out and we saw the results. Still a terrible loss in the way we gave one away but some posters are being a bit overblown in negativity this early and most are holding overblown expectations going into this given our injuries and scheduling thus far. Buffalo fan syndrome in full action .

Philly played better then us in the 3rd period, of their 2nd game in 2 nights, 3rd game in 4 nights, against a team that had just had 5 days off. It was an absolute disgrace for this team to lose that game last night with such favorable conditions. A disgrace. 

Funny when Pittsburgh was without Crosby and Malkin they went on a tear...all we do is make excuses

I have a theory that Pittsburgh's supporting cast was more suited to Bylsma's style of play than ours. I also remember them running a much more aggressive forecheck than we are.

Edited by TrueBlueGED

Philly played better then us in the 3rd period, of their 2nd game in 2 nights, 3rd game in 4 nights, against a team that had just had 5 days off. It was an absolute disgrace for this team to lose that game last night with such favorable conditions. A disgrace. 

Agreed. 

And this team needs to be able to win some games regardless of whether Eichel is playing or the schedule is weird. 

Losing a game after leading 3-0 to start the third is inexcusable. A cusp playoff team has to win last night's game. 

Anyone have an answer to why OT was so bad.... Is it really lack of confidence.... Are we that tentative, because that's worrisome more than anything.

Listening to WGR this am is not helping....

We're missing Jack and Kane.

Byslma.

We have no offensive defensemen other than Risto and maybe Kulikov, and at least 1 of them needs to be out there. 2 if you're Byslma

From what I'm seeing other teams ( every other team ) go for it in overtime. You do not sit back you attack and go for the win. Ablysmal tries to get through o.t. without losing then loses in the shootout anyways. WTF ? 

Edited by bunomatic

Do you think not having Eichel and Kane is hurting this team right now?

For sure, the Sabres will do better with Eichel.  Kane?  He's been disappointing so far.   

The thing is;  Eichel can't carry the team.  Maybe they won't be at the bottom of the Atlantic, but will they actually have a realistic shot at competing for a wildcard?  

Also, Murray promised a fast turn around;  but it's not looking all that fast at this juncture.    The lack of depth and scoring ability on the team, outside Eichel, O'Reilly, and Reinhart, is rather sad.   

And the lack of defense helping the offense is a big issue;   Bogosian ($5.2 million) and Gorges ($3.9 million)  between them - they haven't even scored a point yet after 5 games.  But they didn't do much last year either, so this really shouldn't be a surprise to the general manager.    

I totally disagree with Moulson that the Sabres "gave it to them." Philly TOOK it. Huge difference, Matty Mo. Our lack of speed on both the front and back ends was exposed. Again. 

GMTM has to see that there are issues unrelated to missing Eichel and Kane, right? 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.