GDT: Buffalo @ Philadelphia, 7:30 PM ET, 10/25/2016, NBCSN

WildCard

I'll say it again: you reap what you sow. These are the fruits of the tank -- losing games in the way that only a "loser team" loses games. The team was supposed to lose, lost a million games and in so doing became a bunch of losers who do not know how to win and, even worse, expect to lose.

There's going to be a lot more of this crapola until it gets better.

Not really fair to judge the Tank based on the first five games of Eichel's second season (especially since he hasn't been able to play).

Plus Edmonton is 5-1 and in first place right now so there's still a pretty strong argument for talented rosters.

Our team just isn't that well-built.  The defense is thin -- and why did we trade Pysyk for Kulikov again?  Was it for awesome plays like that penalty tonight?

Not really fair to judge the Tank based on the first five games of Eichel's second season (especially since he hasn't been able to play).

Plus Edmonton is 5-1 and in first place right now so there's still a pretty strong argument for talented rosters.

Our team just isn't that well-built.  The defense is thin -- and why did we trade Pysyk for Kulikov again?  Was it for awesome plays like that penalty tonight?

Kulikov is much better than Pysyk IMO, bad penalty excluded

Edited by WildCard

I would have quoted many things in what I was just reading but I feel like I would have broken the software.

So I'll post this.

1. The Kulikov hit is completely clean. They called charging. It's not even remotely charging. Kulikov was gliding.  It wasn't a late hit (watch how many hits occur on the boards long after that).  It wasn't a head shot, he hits his chest right near the collarbone.  The ref BEHIND Kulikov called the penalty.  Moreover, Voracek made the pass and continued right INTO Kulikov because he had his head down.  That penalty is on the officiating and nothing else.  Thus you don't get that very nice PP goal. 2nd goal on the officials.

2. That is textbook goaltender interference.  Once the puck was loose in the crease two Flyers players DOVE into the crease.  They were not assisted in anyway. Then Schenn is holding his arm on the goaltender.  The 3rd goal is on the officating as well.

If you take those two items into consideration you can note that the Sabres are once again screwed by the officiating.  Complaining about the team without realizing that fact shows how completely delusional you are.

I've seen people wanting to take a break from this team.  I think I need to take a break from this place.  I can't handle the insanity anymore. The complete lack of ANY rational thought.

Good night.

The board will be better without this garbage.

Edited by Randall Flagg

The Kulikov trade was made more on Asplund sitting there.

I would have quoted many things in what I was just reading but I feel like I would have broken the software.

So I'll post this.

1. The Kulikov hit is completely clean. They called charging. It's not even remotely charging. Kulikov was gliding.  It wasn't a late hit (watch how many hits occur on the boards long after that).  It wasn't a head shot, he hits his chest right near the collarbone.  The ref BEHIND Kulikov called the penalty.  Moreover, Voracek made the pass and continued right INTO Kulikov because he had his head down.  That penalty is on the officiating and nothing else.  Thus you don't get that very nice PP goal. 2nd goal on the officials.

2. That is textbook goaltender interference.  Once the puck was loose in the crease two Flyers players DOVE into the crease.  They were not assisted in anyway. Then Schenn is holding his arm on the goaltender.  The 3rd goal is on the officating as well.

If you take those two items into consideration you can note that the Sabres are once again screwed by the officiating.  Complaining about the team without realizing that fact shows how completely delusional you are.

I've seen people wanting to take a break from this team.  I think I need to take a break from this place.  I can't handle the insanity anymore. The complete lack of ANY rational thought.

Good night.

Try not to fall off your high horse on your ride into the sunset.

He's not hat far off, though. I never realized just how mercurial it is in here during the game. When we score, we're going to the cup. When they score, your dog died and Pegula has AIDS.

I won't be back for a GDT,... probably,... I'm not really that smart.

He's not hat far off, though. I never realized just how mercurial it is in here during the game. When we score, we're going to the cup. When they score, your dog died and Pegula has AIDS.

Eye of the beholder, I guess.

I saw genuine celebration for the goals, nothing over the top. 

I saw the criticisms that have driven board discussion pop up when those things lead to things like losing 3 goal third period leads. 

I don't think it was crazy, and I don't know how one could expect anything else.

The GDTs are largely about emotion in the moment, in my view. The other threads are for the more detailed analysis--and there's plenty of that going on right now.

Eye of the beholder, I guess.

I saw genuine celebration for the goals, nothing over the top. 

I saw the criticisms that have driven board discussion pop up when those things lead to things like losing 3 goal third period leads. 

I don't think it was crazy, and I don't know how one could expect anything else.

It was a zero zero game after the first, where we didn't have our stars, and you started a thread on why our coach's system sucked. Yep. Nothing over the top.

It was a zero zero game after the first, where we didn't have our stars, and you started a thread on why our coach's system sucked. Yep. Nothing over the top.

Are you ###### kidding me Swamp?

I started making that thread while eating dinner at like 6. I finished it during the intermission.

In the thread I said "THIS IS NOT A DUMP ON BYLSMA THREAD." It is a thread to discuss and learn about the system.

Nice try though.

Edit: Here are some of my statements from that thread. " I'm trying not to be positive or negative, I'm just trying to state what I see."

"I don't think there's any thread specifically pertaining to this. It's a good discussion to have regardless of the coach of this team, though. I don't mean it to be a "let's pile on DD" thread, I want to learn about his system and the way our players are taught to play. "

"I obviously don't like this, but others might think differently."

And then, something I like about it:

"In the d-zone, we FINALLY have a system that puts pressure on the point-men, and so those point shot goals we became so used to seeing have gone way down. I still believe that that had nothing to do with Miller's vision."

Edited by Randall Flagg

I agree. I think I'm one of the few on this forum who isn't a big fan of GMTM thus far. Drafting Samson & Jack is easy. Any one of us could have done that. I like a few of his pro personnel moves like picking up ROR and dumping Myers. But, so far he seems to be building a heavy, slow team... yet the past few years the top teams have gone to more of a speed and puckhandling game. Mobile players (especially defensemen) who can stickhandle in a phone booth. I just don't like our identity as a team. IMHO, we have too many heavy plodders and not enough Ennis types.

It may be over the top, but I don't like how Kane went from in the eternal doghouse here, to "one of our stars" since getting hurt. People are spinning it a bit. Kane is a decent piece, but he's not making or breaking our fortunes. We are missing Eichel, and that hurts a lot. But we should be able to (if we are a good team) amount to more than we currently have.

Maybe we aren't a good team right now, maybe it's coaching, maybe it's both.

Not being negative, just think it may take a little more time than we thought.

Edited by Thorny

Are you ###### kidding me Swamp?

I started making that thread while eating dinner at like 6. I finished it during the intermission.

In the thread I said "THIS IS NOT A DUMP ON BYLSMA THREAD." It is a thread to discuss and learn about the system.

Nice try though.

Edit: Here are some of my statements from that thread. " I'm trying not to be positive or negative, I'm just trying to state what I see."

"I don't think there's any thread specifically pertaining to this. It's a good discussion to have regardless of the coach of this team, though. I don't mean it to be a "let's pile on DD" thread, I want to learn about his system and the way our players are taught to play. "

"I obviously don't like this, but others might think differently."

And then, something I like about it:

"In the d-zone, we FINALLY have a system that puts pressure on the point-men, and so those point shot goals we became so used to seeing have gone way down. I still believe that that had nothing to do with Miller's vision."

Didn't mean to dump on you. The timing was a little,... unfortunate, though.

Apologies for the emotion in the response. The timing wouldn't have been bad if we had closed out a 3-0 third period lead though :P

Love the emotion. All this would be funny if it wasn't so unbelievable.

Edited by SwampD

I don't know that I agree with the mechanics of your point, but I do agree that the way we gutted the team so fully of talent is going to haunt us for a lot longer than most of us expected, and all of us wished.

what talent? I saw a bunch of soft players moved around.

I agree. I think I'm one of the few on this forum who isn't a big fan of GMTM thus far. Drafting Samson & Jack is easy. Any one of us could have done that. I like a few of his pro personnel moves like picking up ROR and dumping Myers. But, so far he seems to be building a heavy, slow team... yet the past few years the top teams have gone to more of a speed and puckhandling game. Mobile players (especially defensemen) who can stickhandle in a phone booth. I just don't like our identity as a team. IMHO, we have too many heavy plodders and not enough Ennis types.

Ennis is one of those guys who races around and doesn't get much done.I studied on it.

Ennis is one of those guys who races around and doesn't get much done.I studied on it.

Ennis doesn't play defense. We lack speed and the hands to make a difference. Speed is only as good ones ability to play with it. I'll give Ennis a pass for the first 15 games as he re acclimates to the league. But I think you need to throw out notions of the roles of lines. You need to be able to roll 4 and the style shouldn't change. That is what causes constant pressure and being "tough to play against". We don't have enough of any one type of player to build that identity. Yet.

NHL talent that could finish from 7th to 10th place, and made the playoffs twice in five years before the tear down. Not elite talent. But a base, that I didn't want, and that we were all sick of.

I don't hate changing out the core. I don't hate that doing so would require bad teams for a few seasons. I hate deliberately assembling an AHL lineup to finish in last two consecutive seasons. 

Disco Dan won't be fired this season because they will blame the injuries on this team.

Rex won't be fired because of the injuries on this team. One Buffalo!

1408554753_cowboy_hits_the_end_sign_whil

Bad Hombres!

TRUMP!

The fact that Gorges started OT (and stayed on) is mind boggling to me. Is the premise to try and kill off OT? It's not logical, they've already earned the point that can arguably be earned with conservativeness. It only makes sense to play for the win, particularly with how bad we are in shootouts. If there is one thing Bylsma does that I cannot wrap my head around, it's that. Maybe there is a reason that it makes sense and I'm missing something.

Edited by Thorny

The fact that Gorges started OT (and stayed on) is mind boggling to me. Is the premise to try and kill off OT? It makes no sense, they've already earned the point that can arguably be earned with conservativeness. It only makes sense to play for the win, particularly with how bad we are in shootouts, if there is one thing Bylsma does that I cannot wrap my head around, it's that. Maybe there is a reason that it makes sense and I'm missing something.

This I believe is the most qualified reasoning to question of just what the hell happened tonight. At least for OT. I guess if you get to OT you play for the shootout and then go in wide an slow and hope for the best!

The fact that Gorges started OT (and stayed on) is mind boggling to me. Is the premise to try and kill off OT? It's not logical, they've already earned the point that can arguably be earned with conservativeness. It only makes sense to play for the win, particularly with how bad we are in shootouts. If there is one thing Bylsma does that I cannot wrap my head around, it's that. Maybe there is a reason that it makes sense and I'm missing something.

It would be understandable if it was somebody like McCabe who can lug the mail if needed, but Gorges? To me thats a sign Bylsma doesnt trust Risto on his own in the d-zone if they lose possession off the draw.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.