GDT: Buffalo @ Philadelphia, 7:30 PM ET, 10/25/2016, NBCSN

WildCard

Yeah. Now, I expect the goalie and defenseman to play it better once they're ready to go up ice again. Both times it happened we gave the puck away and almost got scored on. 

I like the idea in theory though.

Like you, I can appreciate the difference between a good strategy and the skill necessary to implement it. 

We are simply NOT a highly skilled team and we are particularly not built for 3 on 3 with our two fastest skaters out with long term injury. 

Like you, I can appreciate the difference between a good strategy and the skill necessary to implement it. 

We are simply NOT a highly skilled team and we are particularly not built for 3 on 3 with our two fastest skaters out with long term injury.

Still no reason to not play for the win in OT. Literally nothing to lose, unless we were a great shootout team, and we definitely aren't. Play ROR Okposo Risto, Reinhart Ennis Kulikov, Girgensons Larsson McCabe. At least try for the win right off the bat.

That's pretty darn explicit. He doesn't even say "I don't want" a 5 year build. He says it won't be.

Yup.

And the 3rd season of Chicago's new GM Tallon, and rebuild, he brought in Quenneville as coach and they got  deep into the playoffs (lost in the conference finals), ;  and then the cup the next year.  And they've been pretty competitive post season wise,  ever since.   

This is Murray's 3rd year.  He brought in HIS coach, Bylsma, in Murray's second season,  a year faster than Tallon;  who brought in Quenneville in his 3rd season as GM.  

And the team is 1-5;  and looking arguably like a bottom 5 team without Eichel.  Sure not looking like a team with a remote chance of even squeaking into a Wildcard berth at this juncture.  

IF Chicago is the Gold Bar standard of rebuilds, what is the Sabres' rebuild looking like 3 seasons in by comparison?   Bronze?  Tin?  Pot-Metal?  

Edited by Jsixspd

^

If this team continues to flounder and sputter into the winter holidays, GM TM will start to lose his cult status and there will be calls for wholesale change.

And I'm more than willing to forgive failings that seem to have flowed from the absence of the team's top talent and another good forward. But the problems that are plaguing this team go way beyond that.

Edited by That Aud Smell

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.