3 games in, and a lot of disapointments? why?

MODO Hockey

This is how i see it from my point of view,

For god sake come on, 3 games and some ppl are going "tank again ..we are dead last sigh"

Well with all rights reserved for that one i understand since how it has been looking last seasons and ppl are this year expecting something utterly impressive looking

at what players that the organisation has obtained and how the team has been pushed in the media.

Correct me if im wrong above, but ppl need to chill out and have some faith. Just look at what teams that are below Buffalo Sabres, what do you think their fans are saying on their forums? most likely the same stuff that we are talking about, in the end its about having some faith together with patience.

Having Jack away from the ice really sucks because he would most likely made a big impact on this season start, together with Kane, but it is what it is now and ppl just need to have some ###### patience and hope for the best until these players return.

I see it this way as shown on the picture below, and i will keep seeing it this way until december, if it still looks the same im gonna be really positive for the rest of the season buecause it will mean that we will most likely have a shot at playoffs.

7cb6b98a83.jpg

EDIT:

11 games in

f46087c04e.jpg

GO SABRES!

post-4689-0-71623100-1476905235_thumb.jpg

Edited by MODO Hockey

Well there was a lot of hype internally from the Sabres about getting to 92-95 points or whatever by Bylsma himself.... so with that, comes expectations on how well they need to play.   Right now they aren't playing like a 92-95 point team, even if Eichel and Kane were in the lineup there would still be the same defensive breakdowns... sure maybe they score a few more goals or what have you, but I don't like the defensive breakdowns and turn overs... not very good hockey right now.    They can't keep giving up 4-5 goals a game and expect to win most nights.

Well there was a lot of hype internally from the Sabres about getting to 92-95 points or whatever by Bylsma himself.... so with that, comes expectations on how well they need to play. Right now they aren't playing like a 92-95 point team, even if Eichel and Kane were in the lineup there would still be the same defensive breakdowns... sure maybe they score a few more goals or what have you, but I don't like the defensive breakdowns and turn overs... not very good hockey right now. They can't keep giving up 4-5 goals a game and expect to win most nights.

I don't think you can say that with Eichel in the lineup we'd be having the same breakdowns. If Eichel was in the lineup we'd have significantly more offensive zone time, and when we're playing offense we don't have to defend.

That's a concept that Bylsma doesn't seem to understand. Putting Gorges out during OT shows that Bylsma puts a lot more emphasis on playing defense the right way rather than driving possession.

From my perspective 3 on 3 is designed for the offense.  Seems this is an obvious statement but with that said I think Bylsma should have focused on putting out three man lines who are more focused on offense and worry less about defense.  You already have the 1 point.  You are not going to get the second by putting out players who are more stay at home and defensively minded.  For such a wide open game as 3 on 3 you kind of have to be willing to take a chance which sometimes means sacrificing from a D perspective.  Although you have to have confidence your goalie will make a couple big saves.

I don't think you can say that with Eichel in the lineup we'd be having the same breakdowns. If Eichel was in the lineup we'd have significantly more offensive zone time, and when we're playing offense we don't have to defend.

That's a concept that Bylsma doesn't seem to understand. Putting Gorges out during OT shows that Bylsma puts a lot more emphasis on playing defense the right way rather than driving possession.

Didn't Bylsma put 3 forwards on the ice for OT last season a few times? I think it was Kane Eichel with O'Reilly playing back a little.

I just think on the road putting Gorges out there in case they lost the draw was a smart move. They won the draw and he wnet right to the bench. I have no problem with thay and I've seen other teams do the same.

I've been thinking about this a bit.  The big priority last year was getting Eichel up to speed, and formulating the offensive lines, figuring out team chemistry, etc.  It was a work in progress that showed steady improvement as the year went on.

This year, after the tire fire of Game 1, the offense has looked pretty decent.  10 goals in 3 games really isn't the worst.

Maybe this year the priority will be to pull the back end together.  I am perfectly willing to show some patience while DD sculpts that.  If they score like they did the last two games at least we get to see some goals which is a big difference from the Tank Era.

definitely not disappointed...... I saw more tape to tape, one touch passes in the Edmonton game than I saw all last season!

Who was that team?

Yeah, if there's one thing I've noticed this season, their passing is much improved... harder passes, more precise and less second guessing.... make the first read quick and execute with a hard crisp pass... they've stressed that in practice and it shows.    All the top teams have superior puck movement.... never saw that with Lindy.

The amazing thing is, if you watch other teams, they make passing plays like the ones that get us excited very regularly. We're so used to garbage hockey that some of what ROR/Reinhart/KO do is jaw-dropping.

Also, Lindy's teams could pass as well as the players playing on them. 05-07 had loads of ludicrous passing plays.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.