Movies / TV Shows - I Have Watched / Plan To Watch

Sabres Fan in NS

On 2/3/2022 at 6:20 PM, steveoath said:

Finished The Expanse. I enjoyed it immensely. Anyone here seen asimov's Foundation yet? Need to fill a sizeable sci fi void now.

I really enjoyed the Expanse, although I was pretty annoyed the last season only got 6 episodes.  Great show though.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

I really enjoyed the Expanse, although I was pretty annoyed the last season only got 6 episodes.  Great show though.

Some small online rumors that there is a trilogy of films coming for the last 3 books. Hopefully would be the same folks that developed the series.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Murdoch Mysteries. One episode had an epic fail by the editors. Show was set in early 20th century Toronto, but a minivan could be seen driving way off in the background.

MacGyver (reboot)

DCI Banks (one of the most emotional endings I’ve ever seen in a series - especially the stone cairn in the very last scene).

Homestead Rescue

The Red Green Show. (I think Amy Sedaris tried to do a show with a similar concept, but it fell flat on its face. Red Green is like the Far Side comic strip: don’t even try to copy their style.)

• 1 month later...

Just finished the first season of ‘ Taboo’ with Tom Hardy. Enjoyed this one. Early 1800s London. They really got the British teeth right as opposed to the first season of ‘ Viking, Valhalla’ where they all had hollywood teeth. It was a good show also.

2 hours ago, drnkirishone said:

do you want ants? cause that is how you get ants!

My nephew made me watch S2 E8,9 on Monday. Hilarious. My wife kept asking if I was freaked out by it. I was laughing too hard to give a *****.

Now I have to watch the entire series again, and some seasons I've never seen.

I may never go back to work.

9 hours ago, nfreeman said:

I was on a plane today and watched "Dune."  Very good IMHO.  Well worth it if you like sci-fi.

I think it did a reasonably good job of portraying what I remember from the book.

Better than the previous attempts for sure.  I enjoyed it.

• Like (+1) 1

• 3 weeks later...

I finally watched Dune.  Never read the books.  It was very good.  I could see where some might find it a little slow paced, but it didn’t bother me, I thought the story flowed nicely.  The fight scenes are pretty good and overall the film is visually stunning.  Can’t wait for the next one to come out.

Also watched The Last Duel with Matt Damon and Adam Driver.  It was also good, though unconventional.  The story is told 3 separate times, once from the perspective of each main character.  You get a distinctly different feel for what happened from each character.  The jousting and sword fighting scenes were great.  I’m a big fan of medieval stuff, and I enjoyed it a lot.

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...