Movies / TV Shows - I Have Watched / Plan To Watch

Sabres Fan in NS

9 hours ago, Zamboni said:

Started watching Outer Range starring  Josh Brolin. Two episodes in. Good so far. I have questions galore that I hope get answered in the rest of the episodes 😂

I finished the entire first season of Outer Range.  I remember coming to the end of the first season and being disappointed with the lack of answers.  There are definitely some answers that are provided, but not as much as I expected.  In the end, I felt like they created more questions than there originally were (there were a lot).  That being said, I really liked the feel of the show and will probably watch season 2 despite it feeling overly "wacky" at times.

On 6/12/2022 at 7:17 PM, JujuFish said:

Oh I know lots of people who do.  I just can't fathom it, even if it were one of my favorite movies, within close proximity at least.  I could do it for a re-release. Like, if they brough LOTR back to theaters, I could definitely rewatch the trilogy, but that's because it's been 17 years since the latest one.  But seeing the same movie in back to back weekends?  Or the people who watched Episode VII or Endgame 5+ times in theaters?  Boggles my mind.

Theatre in my area re-releases LOTR as a one time showing every year.  Usually in the fall.  I’ll always go for that.  Wife doesn’t go anymore. 😂

• Like (+1) 1

For reasons unbeknownst to me, I started watching Russian Doll with Natasha Lyonne.  I’m not sure I like the show, the actress or anything about it but I can’t stop watching.  

It might be because Lyonne’s character is a self absorbed narcissistic jerk with substance abuse issues.  It hits a little close to home. 

1 minute ago, inkman said:

For reasons unbeknownst to me, I started watching Russian Doll with Natasha Lyonne.  I’m not sure I like the show, the actress or anything about it but I can’t stop watching.  

It might be because Lyonne’s character is a self absorbed narcissistic jerk with substance abuse issues.  It hits a little close to home. 

Is that every single character she's ever played?  Full disclosure, I've only ever seen her in American Pie and Orange is the New Black, but yeah, that description works for both of those.

44 minutes ago, shrader said:

Is that every single character she's ever played?  Full disclosure, I've only ever seen her in American Pie and Orange is the New Black, but yeah, that description works for both of those.

I’m too lazy to look it up, does she always talk like she’s doing an Archie Bunker impersonation? 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, inkman said:

I never considered you narcissistic…..

• Haha (+1) 3

5 hours ago, bunomatic said:

Just watched Adam Sandler in Hustle on netflix. Thought it was great. Sandler imo is a far better actor in a serious role. This ones chalk full of current and former NBA stars and is produced by LeBron James.

The whole trash talk scene with Anthony Edwards....so good! I was getting agitated just watching.

• Like (+1) 1

Watched Shoresy. Loved it.

Then watched all of Letterkenny. Loved it.

Then watched Shoresy a second time. Still loved it.

What can I say? I’ve got a lot of free time right now.

When I wasn’t watching that, the wife and I enjoyed The Great.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SwampD said:

Watched Shoresy. Loved it.

Then watched all of Letterkenny. Loved it.

Then watched Shoresy a second time. Still loved it.

What can I say? I’ve got a lot of free time right now.

When I wasn’t watching that, the wife and I enjoyed The Great.

I know the kid who plays Cory in Shoresy, one of the high school kids who chirp and get chirped.
What Shoresy said about his mother is not true, LOL.

• Haha (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...

I finished rewatching the Star Wars in timeline order (ITO) yesterday. Some of it is fantastic. Some of it meh-god awful.

Episodes I and II are still just as bad as when they came out. There were some good parts, but on the whole, pretty terrible. I felt bad for the actors that had to try make something out of that brutal dialog.

Revenge of the Sith aged better and is actually pretty good in spots.

The worst of the lot is Return of the Jedi. I don’t think it’s close. I know there were a lot of Ewoks, but could you have at least tried to hide the zippers?!

I liked the last three. Although the ending was a little too cute. All that was missing was that goofy Ewok music.

So far, in my time off, I’ve watched:

All the hockey
Marvel universe (ITO)
Shoresy x2
Letterkenny
The Great
Star Wars (ITO)
and a smattering of movies

That’s a whole lotta sittin on my ass.

And I’m not done. Started Stranger Things last night. Pretty good so far.

Edited by SwampD
  • Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, SwampD said:

And I’m not done. Started Stranger Things last night. Pretty good so far.

It's a great show.  Starting from the beginning now and watching through, I'd imagine the rapid aging of the child actors is really going to stick out.

• Like (+1) 1