Movies / TV Shows - I Have Watched / Plan To Watch

Sabres Fan in NS

9 hours ago, nfreeman said:

I saw Licorice Pizza in a theater this evening — only the 3rd time I’ve been to one since March 2020.  It was nice to go to a theater and the movie was pretty good.  If you like PT Anderson’s movies, you’ll like this one.  

The only reason that I would even consider seeing a movie in a theater right now would be if it's a visual spectacle that has to be seen on a big screen.  I'm waiting for Top Gun: Maverick in May (though, it has already been postponed numerous times.)

If I had to pick my favorite TV show of all time, I'd be hard-pressed to decide between M*A*S*H and Seinfeld. I could fill out a solid Top 10 with All in the Family, The Odd Couple, The King of Queens, ER, The Wonder Years and a couple more.

But I've been astounded these past few weeks to discover that there was a show I loved more than any of them, one that would never have made my list until it gently restored itself in my consciousness over the holidays: The Waltons.

• Like (+1) 1

Station Eleven (HBO Max).  I’ve hesitated… it’s one of my favorite recent books, and that never ends well.  

It’s beautiful.  I’m five episodes in.  They’ve been mostly faithful to the book, tweaking small details.  Ot does wha the book did for me: makes me think hard about humanity, what it is and what it could/should be; Faith and what role that has/should have… how it can be twisted and wielded by evil or troubled people for their own ends. Art and why it’s an essential part pf humanity… 

Would recommend.  

On 1/2/2022 at 9:40 AM, carpandean said:

The only reason that I would even consider seeing a movie in a theater right now would be if it's a visual spectacle that has to be seen on a big screen.  I'm waiting for Top Gun: Maverick in May (though, it has already been postponed numerous times.)

I saw Spider-man in the theater last week. Everyone was respectful and wearing masks the whole time.

Finished Hawkeye on Disney+. I think it’s the best of the new Marvel short series. Lots of tie-ins to previous movies and series. I’d rank the series: Hawkeye, Loki, Wandavision, then Falcon & Winter Soldier.

And I highly recommend the Netflix series Daredevil through Defenders, as there is a tie-in to Hawkeye.

Edited by pastajoe

On 1/5/2022 at 9:12 AM, pastajoe said:

I saw Spider-man in the theater last week. Everyone was respectful and wearing masks the whole time.

Finished Hawkeye on Disney+. I think it’s the best of the new Marvel short series. Lots of tie-ins to previous movies and series. I’d rank the series: Hawkeye, Loki, Wandavision, then Falcon & Winter Soldier.

And I highly recommend the Netflix series Daredevil through Defenders, as there is a tie-in to Hawkeye.

Because of this post, I started watching Hawkeye.

It’s excellent.🍺

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/4/2022 at 10:48 PM, Sabel79 said:

Station Eleven (HBO Max).  I’ve hesitated… it’s one of my favorite recent books, and that never ends well.  

It’s beautiful.  I’m five episodes in.  They’ve been mostly faithful to the book, tweaking small details.  Ot does wha the book did for me: makes me think hard about humanity, what it is and what it could/should be; Faith and what role that has/should have… how it can be twisted and wielded by evil or troubled people for their own ends. Art and why it’s an essential part pf humanity… 

Would recommend.  

So good.

Watched The Eternals on Disney+. It was better than I thought it would be, and better than Shang Chi. Set after Endgame. If you watch Marvelverse movies you need to watch. It will be interesting to see where it goes next, as there are a couple of new characters introduced on screen in the after credits from the comic books. I could see them tied in with Guardians or Thor.

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, steveoath said:

Finished The Expanse. I enjoyed it immensely. Anyone here seen asimov's Foundation yet? Need to fill a sizeable sci fi void now.

I’d forgotten the book beyond its core concept so I can’t pass judgement on that level.

But as far as the series goes, kinda slow at times, exceedingly beautiful to look at, and ultimately worth my while.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, steveoath said:

Finished The Expanse. I enjoyed it immensely. Anyone here seen asimov's Foundation yet? Need to fill a sizeable sci fi void now.

Want to watch it.  Don’t want to be disappointed.  That series of novels is one of my favorites.

• Like (+1) 1