Movies / TV Shows - I Have Watched / Plan To Watch

Sabres Fan in NS

5 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

What’s the re-write? I haven’t heard this yet.

Well when they meet again in A New Hope (1977 - spoiler alert!) the implication is they haven't seen each other since Revenge of the Sith ("When you left, I was but the learner"). 

From everything being released about the new tv show they are about to do battle several times after Anakin has already become (SPOILER) Darth Vader.

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Thorny said:

Well when they meet again in A New Hope (1977 - spoiler alert!) the implication is they haven't seen each other since Revenge of the Sith ("When you left, I was but the learner"). 

From everything being release about the new tv show they are about to do battle several times with Anakin already being (SPOILER) Darth Vader.

It is still true to the original, from a certain point of view

• Haha (+1) 3

We finished Little Mosque on the Prairie (6 seasons) last night.  

The series was a classic CBC production, so low budget, but actually quite good, especially in the beginning.  

It was the idea of a Muslim Sister and she hit all the *hot topics* of any Canadian mosque in season 1.  It was very funny either way, but if you are a convert in Canada you will be very familiar with all the topics covered in the first season ... the prayer hall barrier, the over zelous convert, the over the top character of Baber and his relationship with his coming of age daughter, the airport interogation of the new Imam on his way from Toronto to small town Saskatchewan, the over the top bashing of everything Muslim by the local radio station host (deep down he loves them all, especially the diner owner Fatima), the over the top reaction of the local farmer to the new Mosque in the local Anglican Church ... I have seen all of these situations and can relate.  

The entire series is on YouTube.

Highly recommend it.

I got into Yellowstone a bit late.  Binge-watched the first three seasons right before the fourth launched.  Then, they released 1883 (Yellowstone prequal series) while the fourth season was still going.  It's annoying that both come out on Sundays, but it's probably to get Yellowstone fans hooked before season four ends. 

It's also annoying that they play commercials for 1883 during 1883, including scenes that haven't yet happened in that particular episode.  The series is OK so far.  Sam Elliott's really good, of course.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, carpandean said:

I got into Yellowstone a bit late.  Binge-watched the first three seasons right before the fourth launched.  Then, they released 1883 (Yellowstone prequal series) while the fourth season was still going.  It's annoying that both come out on Sundays, but it's probably to get Yellowstone fans hooked before season four ends. 

It's also annoying that they play commercials for 1883 during 1883, including scenes that haven't yet happened in that particular episode.  The series is OK so far.  Sam Elliott's really good, of course.

I want to watch Yellowstone but I can’t bring myself to sign up for another streaming service just for 1 show.  

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

I want to watch Yellowstone but I can’t bring myself to sign up for another streaming service just for 1 show.  

I didn’t know we had Prime until a few weeks ago, would’ve started Yellowstone a year earlier. We like it, just not huge Costner fans. This would have been a great role for a younger Clint Eastwood in my opinion.

33 minutes ago, French Collection said:

I didn’t know we had Prime until a few weeks ago, would’ve started Yellowstone a year earlier. We like it, just not huge Costner fans. This would have been a great role for a younger Clint Eastwood in my opinion.

You mean peacock, right?  I don’t think it’s on prime?

2 hours ago, nfreeman said:

I was in the same boat, but found that Fubo (which I have for MSG) plays the new episodes on the Paramount channel (as well as CMT.)  You can't watch old episodes on demand, but they played a marathon before the start of season 4, and I just set a series record.  I now have every episode saved.  They started another marathon this afternoon in preparation for Sunday's season 4 finale.

On 12/29/2021 at 12:41 PM, Thorny said:

From everything being released about the new tv show they are about to do battle several times after Anakin has already become (SPOILER) Darth Vader.

Sorry but I'd be all over that. Give me all the lightsabre battles between those two.

As a kid during the original trilogy those two were some of my favorite characters and the ones whose story I wanted more from. 

• Like (+1) 1

• spndnchz pinned and unpinned this topic