Evander Kane injury

Hoss

I guess I'll have to just come out and say it. Get well Kane. I had high hopes for you this season and thought you could possibly redeem yourself al a Pat Kane of last season and have a great year. Get well soonish.

Well done, sir!

Gallows humor, man. Not everyone deals with grief the same way.

True but there are now two thread s directing venom his way at what I think is a rather inappropriate time and most of us would rather he not be on our team. But c'mon.

True but there are now two thread s directing venom his way at what I think is a rather inappropriate time and most of us would rather he not be on our team. But c'mon.

I would've signed up for a "he must go" thread before the injury, if for no other reason than I don't think Bylsma will ever use him where he belongs.

I guess I'll have to just come out and say it. Get well Kane. I had high hopes for you this season and thought you could possibly redeem yourself al a Pat Kane of last season and have a great year. Get well soonish.

Nice.

I'm one that 100% wants him on this team and I sincerely hope there is nothing seriously wrong with him right now. If only for his own health and not for our selfish needs. That injury looked really bad and I hope he recovers fully.

1) nice avatar Pi. The crutches are a nice touch.

2) isn't almost exactly how Kane got hurt last year?

3) I don't ever want to see Cody Franson in a Sabres uniform again, maybe GMTM will use Kane's LTIR money and get Fowler.

4) Nice Ryan Miller softie by Lehner to truly get the season started off on the right foot.

5) Is it just me, but are the Fates truly against us? First our two big off-season acquisitions are in suits to start the season, then our big acquistion from last year and best player is injured but can't do what he does best and that is take faceoffs, then 8 minutes before the end of training camp our franchise player goes down for at least 8 weeks, then in the first game another key forward acquisition gets injured on a nearly identical play as the year prior in which he also got injured and missed 20 games. I was optimistic yesterday, I thought these guys had some heart, but after watching that travesty of a hockey team especially on D, I'm almost ready to give up and let the Fates have their way. Nolan Patrick here we come.

6) if i'm GMTM I'm wrapping Reinhart and Bogo in bubble wrap.

7) On the bright side Matt Moulson scores on his way to Pi's 30 goal season.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

I couldn't care less what Kane does in his free time. It's his hockey playing that I find offensive.  Would love to see him traded, but as GMTM said today on air, live, his trade value is low right now.  LOL.  (and not b/c of the injury; that was before that; it's b/c of his off-ice antics).

Keep in mind it was his left shoulder that has already been surgically re-constructed.  That's the side that hit the boards.

Have no idea if it was a shoulder.  Looked like a hip/broken rib maybe?

Won't matter anyway; with Bylsma's scheme and no defense, we are going to be horrible this year.

1) nice avatar Pi. The crutches are a nice touch.

2) isn't almost exactly how Kane got hurt last year?

3) I don't ever want to see Cody Franson in a Sabres uniform again, maybe GMTM will use Kane's LTIR money and get Fowler.

4) Nice Ryan Miller softie by Lehner to truly get the season started off on the right foot.

5) Is it just me, but are the Fates truly against us? First our two big off-season acquisitions are in suits to start the season, then our big acquistion from last year and best player is injured but can't do what he does best and that is take faceoffs, then 8 minutes before the end of training camp our franchise player goes down for at least 8 weeks, then in the first game another key forward acquisition gets injured on a nearly identical play as the year prior in which he also got injured and missed 20 games. I was optimistic yesterday, I thought these guys had some heart, but after watching that travesty of a hockey team especially on D, I'm almost ready to give up and let the Fates have their way. Nolan Patrick here we come.

6) if i'm GMTM I'm wrapping Reinhart and Bogo in bubble wrap.

7) On the bright side Matt Moulson scores on his way to Pi's 30 goal season.

And somehow, GMTM got a raise today.

The more I look at it the more I feel like Emelin really is a POS pushing kane into the boards like that.

During the game I was feeling more like it was kane's fault for putting himself in that position, but now from another angle you really see him push kane into the boards.

https://twitter.com/MarcPDumont/status/786729814610837504?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

The more I look at it the more I feel like Emelin really is a POS pushing kane into the boards like that.

During the game I was feeling more like it was kane's fault for putting himself in that position, but now from another angle you really see him push kane into the boards.

I've decided I don't like twitter.  It's like the comments section of a newspaper article come to life.

Yep. I said last night that it was a dirty hit. Unfortunately, there is no rule against that so it really wasn't a penalty. That play is exactly why the changed the icing rules.

Someone needs to pay Emelin back next game. I was a little disappointed nobody did it last night.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.