Evander Kane injury

Hoss

I just listened to Canuck beat writer Ian McIntyre on Vancouver radio.

He was asked about the Canucks interest in Kane.

He said his sources say that was a far bigger story outside the Sabres than inside the Sabres.

He said he Sabres couldn't block Jim Benning's calls, but they didn't have a lot of interest in moving him at that time.

Whether that changes in the future (we know what Tim Murray said last week about Kane's value) and the Canucks could circle back was an open question., he added.

Interesting. GMTM should be doing everything he can to fleece that guy while he's there, Kane or no Kane

• 2 weeks later...

The latest indication that Evander Kane is still ... Evander? 

https://www.instagram.com/p/BMhax4zBl8w/

For those who won't or can't click through, it's him (in a video) pretending to be one of the many social media trolls who griped at him for a video he posted earlier in the day (in the earlier video, he was in his car, lip syncing to a song).

The fact that he's responding to the noise and nonsense is not a promising sign, to me. It just smacks of immaturity.

Or maybe I'm wrong. Maybe it's a sign that he's nearing a return to health, and that he'll soon be generating a slew of low percentage shots for the Sabres.

Edited by That Aud Smell

For those who won't or can't click through, it's him (in a video) pretending to be one of the many social media trolls who griped at him for a video he posted earlier in the day (in the earlier video, he was in his car, lip syncing to a song).

The fact that he's responding to the noise and nonsense is not a promising sign, to me. It just smacks of immaturity.

Or maybe I'm wrong. Maybe it's a sign that he's nearing a return to health, and that he'll soon be generating a slew of low percentage shots for the Sabres.

Haha

....he might be a massive douche bag.

With respect, I think you're looking for a reason to be mad at him. Not that this doesn't come off as immature, it just seems like you're following him with the express purpose of jumping on a misstep. Maybe you're not, but that's how it appears to me.

With respect, I think you're looking for a reason to be mad at him. Not that this doesn't come off as immature, it just seems like you're following him with the express purpose of jumping on a misstep. Maybe you're not, but that's how it appears to me.

This doesn't make me mad -- just makes me SMH. He's still in my feed on Instagram from when I followed him after the team acquired him -- he's been quiet there for many moons. I saw a video post and thought maybe he'd be talking about his timeline to return, even vaguely.

Nope. He wants to put the mouse potatoes on blast. Idiot.

This doesn't make me mad -- just makes me SMH. He's still in my feed on Instagram from when I followed him after the team acquired him -- he's been quiet there for many moons. I saw a video post and thought maybe he'd be talking about his timeline to return, even vaguely.

Nope. He wants to put the mouse potatoes on blast. Idiot.

It's instagram. These are par for the course instagram things being posted. It's a self indulgent app and to expect anything less than self indulgence from it is wasting your time. He's not doing anything out of the ordinary in that medium.

It's certainly understandable if it's not to your personal tastes, but don't go to a twilight movie and be upset there isn't enough gritty crime drama. This is what you'll get with Instagram on a regular basis.

It's instagram. These are par for the course instagram things being posted. It's a self indulgent app and to expect anything less than self indulgence from it is wasting your time. He's not doing anything out of the ordinary in that medium.

It's certainly understandable if it's not to your personal tastes, but don't go to a twilight movie and be upset there isn't enough gritty crime drama. This is what you'll get with Instagram on a regular basis.

I'm well familiar with what Instagram is all about. My reaction to this content has little to do with whether he was being self-indulgent. In my view, the part of his personality that impels him to put the Insta trolls on blast is the same personality trait that leads him into bar room skirmishes at 3:00 a.m.

I've already all but written the guy off. And yet, there I was -- holding out hope that he'd show some sign of growth or change.

I'm well familiar with what Instagram is all about. My reaction to this content has little to do with whether he was being self-indulgent. In my view, the part of his personality that impels him to put the Insta trolls on blast is the same personality trait that leads him into bar room skirmishes at 3:00 a.m.

I've already all but written the guy off. And yet, there I was -- holding out hope that he'd show some sign of growth or change.

I'm just saying, you are looking in the wrong place. Maybe a sign of growth or change won't be found anywhere, but it's not going to be found on instagram. Furthermore: Standard, commonplace Instagram behaviour being exhibited does not necessarily imply that no growth has happened. Those sort of posts are the socially accepted norm in that avenue, and Kane's Instagram behaviour in this case is exceptionally ordinary.

You don't like him. You've admitted as such and that's completely your call. But if you are hoping to see evidence of growth or change on his instagram account, I still say you are barking up the wrong tree.

I'm just saying, you are looking in the wrong place. Maybe a sign of growth or change won't be found anywhere, but it's not going to be found on instagram. Furthermore: Standard, commonplace Instagram behaviour being exhibited does not necessarily imply that no growth has happened. Those sort of posts are the socially accepted norm in that avenue, and Kane's Instagram behaviour in this case is exceptionally ordinary.

I disagree that all content on Instagram is as homogeneous as you're saying it is. Like many users, Kane posts a wide variety of stuff on his account - even content providing updates on how he's doing with a recovery from an injury.

https://www.instagram.com/p/9V_L63TN5q/

That's one of the rumors going around.

O rly?

Like, an (E5) rumour? Or legit?

I disagree that all content on Instagram is as homogeneous as you're saying it is. Like many users, Kane posts a wide variety of stuff on his account - even content providing updates on how he's doing with a recovery from an injury.

https://www.instagram.com/p/9V_L63TN5q/

O rly?

Fair deuce. I should clarify that I wasn't saying there aren't different types of content there, merely that a lot of it tends to fall in the category I mentioned, particularly when it comes to citizen Kane.

Edited by Thorny

O rly?

I'd heard about it previously, but it popped up on my FB feed yesterday or today.  It might have been Die by the Blade or WGR or one of those FB feeds.  It cited sources I think, but I don't know if it was a new thing or if it was just rehashing the earlier rumors.  It mentioned that because Minnesota has less that $1m of cap space, taking on Evander would have to be a "real hockey trade" and the Sabres would have to get about $5m of salary back.  The rumor identified Pommer and one of their D (I think) as potential trade bait from the Minne side.

I'd heard about it previously, but it popped up on my FB feed yesterday or today.  It might have been Die by the Blade or WGR or one of those FB feeds.  It cited sources I think, but I don't know if it was a new thing or if it was just rehashing the earlier rumors.  It mentioned that because Minnesota has less that $1m of cap space, taking on Evander would have to be a "real hockey trade" and the Sabres would have to get about $5m of salary back.  The rumor identified Pommer and one of their D (I think) as potential trade bait from the Minne side.

Make it so # 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.