Evander Kane injury

Hoss

Yep. I said last night that it was a dirty hit. Unfortunately, there is no rule against that so it really wasn't a penalty. That play is exactly why the changed the icing rules.

Someone needs to pay Emelin back next game. I was a little disappointed nobody did it last night.

As for paying Emelin back Kane is the type of player that would have. This team suddenly looks like they are severely lacking in heart. Of course that could be the hangover from losing Eick.

I don't think it's unfair to say this trade was a very bad one. A risk I'm happy our GM took, but it looks bad right about now.

I will disagree with this.  While I agree that Kane and Bogo haven't to this point delivered what we were hoping for, I think the Sabres didn't give up that much.  In order for it to be a very bad trade IMHO (or even a bad one), the Sabres would've had to have given up something great.

I always struggle with the idea that injuries are something that should be foreseen and those players should be avoided.

I only buy that in terms of a chronic condition.

I get that guys like Kane and Kaleta are reckless. So is Sidney Crosby.

Not aimed at any poster in particular, just the forum in general: to say we lost the trade because Kane plowed into the boards last night, then a few posts later question our speed and intensity is either poorly thought out or disingenuous.

Whether you like the trade, or whether it will look like a bad move long-term is worth discussing.

But so far, the Kane trade has made the Sabres better. That can't be argued.

Edited by dudacek

And because of Evander not being around post trade it helped secure Eichel. The trade is really a wash to me.

Almost forgot about this point and it's an important one. This is why I'm still happy we have a GM who will make this move.

Purely in assets swapped we lost, it doesn't matter who the board wanted gone because we're not the GM and we're not paid to make the right move. Myers and Stafford have both played well in Winnpeg (yes, I know Stafford was gone regardless and neither were doing much here). Armia is growing. Then there's Lemieux and the pick.

Asset to asset it's a negative if you can take off your Sabres glasses for a minute.

But the actual end result (securing Eichel) could fairly show it as a wash.

Edited by Hoss

He drives to the net fast and hard like Kane does, plunges headlong into contact and plays the game at full speed all the time.

In terms of injury risk he's a lot like Kane. I think he's probably missed more games to injury too.

Sorry, I don't agree with this. He drives to the net and plays at full speed, yeah, but he's not throwing his body headlong into every person he can, he's not fighting, and he's very smart about avoiding unnecessary contact whereas Kane is not. Crosby's injuries are in no way his fault.

he's not throwing his body headlong into every person he can, he's not fighting, and he's very smart about avoiding unnecessary contact.

Which of the first two were responsible for Kane's injuries and if he avoids contact so well, how do you explain Crosby's?

Edited by dudacek

Which of the first two were responsible for Kane's injuries and if avoids contact so well, how do you explain Crosby's?

Have you seen Crosby's concussions? People head hunt him

Kane's MCL last year was the direct result of him flying 100mph into the board to try and hit someone. Last night, you think Crosby tries to outmuscle a notorious dick head like Emelin in the dying seconds of a period? I don't. Probably would have found a smarter way to get to the puck

The guy puts in extra effort to get to the puck and gets injured on a fluke play. If he didn't put in the effort this place would be trashing him for being lazy. Now, all of a sudden, a freak injury is the final determining factor in the winners of the trade.

I just don't get it. Probably one of the top 2 players on this team with the most heart and this place can't stop trashing him while he's down.

The guy puts in extra effort to get to the puck and gets injured on a fluke play. If he didn't put in the effort this place would be trashing him for being lazy. Now, all of a sudden, a freak injury is the final determining factor in the winners of the trade.

I just don't get it. Probably one of the top 2 players on this team with the most heart and this place can't stop trashing him while he's down.

Nobody had that complaint of 'trashing him when he's down' when he allegedly assaulted two women in yet another off ice incident and we had an entire thread about it.

Fluke play? He's always hurt. Jack's is a freak injury. Watkins and Kane always being hurt aren't freak injuries, they're players that can't stay healthy. Extra effort to get the puck? How about he tries smarter ways to get the puck. Foligno tries hard and has heart, I don't see him on the IR every other month

Edited by WildCard

Nobody had that complaint of 'trashing him when he's down' when he allegedly assaulted two women in yet another off ice incident and we had an entire thread about it.

Fluke play? He's always hurt. Jack's is a freak injury. Watkins and Kane always being hurt aren't freak injuries, they're players that can't stay healthy. Extra effort to get the puck? How about he tries smarter ways to get the puck. Foligno tries hard and has heart, I don't see him on the IR every other month

OK

Yep.

Since he came into the league, Kane has missed about 100 games due to injury, all his own fault.

In the same period Crosby has missed 120 because other guys are ######.

Go ahead, watch the concussion he gets in the Winter Classic.

And Kane has what? 4 years less in the league? So by 29 at this pace he'll be near some 200 games or so?

Edited by WildCard

Crosby is a much better skater than Kane, and while he plays hard and fast, I've never thought he plays with reckless abandon. Crosby may have missed more time, but he's also been in the league longer than Kane.

The comparison doesn't have much value in my eyes. Also, Crosby suffered a couple huge concussions, whereas Kane's fairly regular injuries are less severe body wear and tear stuff.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.