Evander Kane injury

Hoss

Now we're talking about firing the coach after one game, one season after a 28 point improvement?

This place has officially lost it. I used to think this place went dramatically overboard, but this is absolute silliness.

Why not? His body of work extends beyond the Sabres and has seen plenty of criticism. That the Sabres improved last year should have easily occurred under any coach considering the changes made to the roster. His coaching habits can certainly be criticized.

Why not? His body of work extends beyond the Sabres and has seen plenty of criticism. That the Sabres improved last year should have easily occurred under any coach considering the changes made to the roster. His coaching habits can certainly be criticized.

By a bunch of internet know-it-alls (myself included). It's ridiculous.

In an alternate universe, the Sabres have both Babcock and McDavid.   Imagine that?  

How'd TO do in their opener against a crappy team?

Being fired by the Pens doesn't get some play? Surely the reasons for that decision were fairly easy to analyze even by laymen such as us.

Good coaches get fired all the time. They then get hired again. Everyone thinks it's because they were bad. It's usually because it was just time.

Good coaches get fired all the time. They then get hired again. Everyone thinks it's because they were bad. It's usually because it was just time.

Sure, but I don't think that's a good excuse. What about what he was doing in Pittsburgh made it "time"? We can ask those questions. 

Sure, but I don't think that's a good excuse. What about what he was doing in Pittsburgh made it "time"? We can ask those questions. 

Losing Conference Finals.

We could be so lucky.

Just think it's kinda funny that this discussion is happening on the very same board where people are coveting Babcock. Wasn't he in Detroit for a spell?

Edited by SwampD

Broke two ribs years ago.  It'll be at least a month of careful breathing.  And coughing/sneezing/laughing will bring stars.  It'll still hurt this time next year.  But..... if you can handle the pain you can play.  And Evander has a rep for a high pain threshold.

Broken ribs never get better, you just get used to dealing with the pain.  (Then a year or two later, you realize they don't hurt much anymore.)

All this silliness.......... can you imagine if they lose two in a row?

Reinhart didn't score last game, I hope Murray is on the phone trying to get rid of that slacker.

Reinhart had a primary assist that not many players could make happen ;)

I don't think there's much overreaction going on. Bylsma had some glaring issues last year, the same issues which he had in Pittsburgh, and they appeared through one game to still be around. Saying the criticism is based upon a single game is an attempt to dismiss rather than confront the reality that our coach may be a problem.

Reinhart had a primary assist that not many players could make happen ;)

I don't think there's much overreaction going on. Bylsma had some glaring issues last year, the same issues which he had in Pittsburgh, and they appeared through one game to still be around. Saying the criticism is based upon a single game is an attempt to dismiss rather than confront the reality that our coach may be a problem.

A week ago everybody was psyched about this year with most agreeing there was a legitimate chance at a playoff spot. Now it's down to Goober sucks, Kane sucks, half our defense sucks..... And it's not just because of the Either injury because there have gone several references to the first game.

It's the impression I get, your results may vary. I'm not the only one. ;)

A week ago everybody was psyched about this year with most agreeing there was a legitimate chance at a playoff spot. Now it's down to Goober sucks, Kane sucks, half our defense sucks..... And it's not just because of the Either injury because there have gone several references to the first game.

I can proudly say I've been bitching about Bylsma being the coach since before he was the coach!

Kane doesn't know how to stay healthy. He plays crazy reckless, on the edge and he doesn't hold back. Unfortunately I think he's a high injury risk going forward. Longterm injuries have plagued him throughout his career.At 25 he has a list of serious injuries, seems to have little hockey sense, puts himself into vulnerable positions and has little sense of self preservation or personal common sense. He is just an emotional animal out there. Not sure what to do with Kane but it looks like we're stuck with him…

Bylsma drove me crazy during the 2014 olympics. He seems to be a smart guy, but his in game decision making/personnel decisions are so whack. I have no idea how he comes to the conclusions that he does.

Have you seen the South Park stock market episode?

I just listened to Canuck beat writer Ian McIntyre on Vancouver radio.

He was asked about the Canucks interest in Kane.

He said his sources say that was a far bigger story outside the Sabres than inside the Sabres.

He said he Sabres couldn't block Jim Benning's calls, but they didn't have a lot of interest in moving him at that time.

Whether that changes in the future (we know what Tim Murray said last week about Kane's value) and the Canucks could circle back was an open question., he added.

Would you define "due time" as after Murray sees a Gorges-Risto pairing even after Kulikov is ready?

I'm pretty sure I heard DD say that Kuli would be with Risto by the end of this trip or the first ten games or something like that so tonight's the night!

Now we're talking about firing the coach after one game, one season after a 28 point improvement?

This place has officially lost it. I used to think this place went dramatically overboard, but this is absolute silliness.

I refuse to at HF because of how stupid the conversation became to me so I have to believe that people posting there lobbying to have DD fired after one of the pre season games :doh: 

This bizarro narrative playing out has to have something in common with our politics of the day doesn't it?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.