Around the NHL 2016-2017

spndnchz

How many years do we have Byslma anyways?

Too many.

I didn't intentionally leave out details - I just finally found the full quote, after seeing that part on twitter :P But I agree, it's going to happen at some point, because I don't think the team is good enough to rip off a win streak. Another loss or two and it's probably over.

Unfortunately I don't think I've ever seen a coach fired just to hire a newly available coach?

I picture Julien getting fired, a couple of flights by PegulaAir to and from Boston, a flight from Boston to Toronto on the afternoon of 2/11, the Sabres conducting their morning skate under Bylsma, but Julien behind the bench before warmups, Bylsma given a raincoat and 9 cents (Canadian) and told to find his own way home, and the Sabres commencing a 17-game win streak that night.

Keeping Bylsma is functionally equivalent to not wanting to win a Cup.

*ducks*

You better *duck*, Mr. Fancystats.

I so hope that the Sabres keep on winning at a reasonable pace and play well, if for no other reason than to prevent the BS from flying again.

There is a zero percent chance they fire Bylsma because another coach becomes available.

I believe this to be absolutely correct.

Julien may be a better coach than Bylsma, but I'm not sold on it as fact.

It's funny that one of the favourite pass times around here is blasting Julien for being an ass, but some can't wait to have him as coach.  I bet the results will not be much different if Julien were coach now, or in the near future.

Edited by Sabres Fan In NS

Duchene and Barrie aren't playing I don't think, right?

They do score less than us I believe

I haven't seen them out there yet. But their zone entries, passing plays, etc. They all look so much more complicated and nuanced than ours

If they do score a lot less than us, that's really upsetting. It either means we're playing a terrible system, or they don't have the talent to succeed. Or a combination of both

Edited by WildCard

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.