Around the NHL 2016-2017

spndnchz

Marchand being Marchand: http://streamable.com/ji4eu

Why does a player that good have to resort to being such trash?

Cause he knows nobody will ever fight him. I don't know how he's gotten away with it for so long, now that Lucic is gone and Chara is old, but it's amazing how every time someone goes to fight this guy, he slithers away. Someone should just go right after him and clock him 

Well, the NBA tried out a player's vote for who gets selected to their ASG. It turned out absolutely horribly. Many players chose friends, buddies who needed bonuses if they made the roster, voted for themselves, didn't vote because they didn't like other players, etc. I wanted it for years, but it looks like it's an absolutely terrible idea 

Well, the NBA tried out a player's vote for who gets selected to their ASG. It turned out absolutely horribly. Many players chose friends, buddies who needed bonuses if they made the roster, voted for themselves, didn't vote because they didn't like other players, etc. I wanted it for years, but it looks like it's an absolutely terrible idea

I cant believe they thought it would work. The league is defined by the selfishness of its players.

Looking back at the trade list thread, I forgot Nail Yakupov was traded. He has 3 g and 6 points in over 30 games.

A lot of people were up in arms when Florida gave away Lawson Crouse. He's got 2 goals 5 points in 43 games.

Edited by inkman

Looking back at the trade list thread, I forgot Nail Yakupov was traded. He has 3 g and 6 points in over 30 games.

A lot of people were up in arms when Florida gave away Lawson Crouse. He's got 2 goals 5 points in 43 games.

Remember when "Fail for Nail" was a thing?

Indeed.. 128/324 didn't vote for LeBron. Meanwhile 154/324 didn't vote for Durant.

I don't know if NHL guys would be so petty. Probably but perhaps not quite to that extent (NBA is more star-focused, hence the disdain for stars that make controversial moves like those above). On the surface, I like players having a role. But the NBA's attempt really flopped.

Cause he knows nobody will ever fight him. I don't know how he's gotten away with it for so long, now that Lucic is gone and Chara is old, but it's amazing how every time someone goes to fight this guy, he slithers away. Someone should just go right after him and clock him

That's why we need to sign this guy: (second one, complete with appropriate commentary, about 7 seconds in)

Edited by Thorny

Holy crap the Leaves get away with a lot of cheap shiite with no penalties... Detroit has become a team of wimps like the old Sabres. Matt Martin should be suspended for a knee on knee. Someone wacked a Detroit forward in the head in front of the net no call and more... wtf

Holy crap the Leaves get away with a lot of cheap shiite with no penalties... Detroit has become a team of wimps like the old Sabres. Matt Martin should be suspended for a knee on knee. Someone wacked a Detroit forward in the head in front of the net no call and more... wtf

That's a Babcock trademark. He preaches that the refs won't call everything and in most cases like to even up the calls. So take liberties, it won't cost you. Detroit was notorious for that until the Hawks rose and were beating them consistently. It became apparent they were the better team and liberties were no longer tolerated as much. Clean slate in TO.

Colorado looks like leftovers from the Donner party. Just terrible. What happened to that franchise ? Joe Sakic has to be on the hot plate...er seat.

They got a whole lot worse when they traded O'Reilly to us.  Grigorenko hasn't done much for them - basically playing a checking line role.  They actually used Zadorov at forward some this year.  He seems to be getting regular minutes at defense now.  I'm critical of GMTM in general, but we killed Colorado in this trade so far.

That whole FO is going to have to go.

ROR would have been their perfect complement to whoever their #1 centre was slated to be. I have no idea who that is. MacKinnon? Duchene? Instead, it seems like they kept duplicative higher-end talent guys.

Does their moving on from Stastny also have a place in this conversation?

I'm inferring that Sakic, et al. have no idea how to build a roster.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.