Around the NHL 2016-2017

spndnchz

Certainly. He's just not generational, most likely. But Matthews I don't think is either. McDavid is the generational talent. Isn't the point of generational that there is one?

Last one before McDavid was Sid.

I agree. They're handing out that distinction like happy stickers. It lessons the meaning of the word to do so.

I really wish announcers would stop saying that TO has more angles that they can look at during goal reviews. It's just not true. There is no way that they are paying for fiber lines or sat paths back to TO every game for a camera angle that may need to be used once every 20 games. It's total BS.

They see what we see when we see it.

Maybe there is some multi-camera M-Cloud feed back to TO for every game but I highly doubt it.

Certainly. He's just not generational, most likely. But Matthews I don't think is either. McDavid is the generational talent. Isn't the point of generational that there is one?

Last one before McDavid was Sid.

Pretty sure we had a 47 page thread on this very topic. The term generational has morphed into what people are calling players that are the elite of the elite. It's not the Highlander, where there can be only one.

Probably no precedence of a similar play so the NFL can't discipline him for it, you see no one has made that exact same hit with their arms in the same position he had his, and with their leg at the exact same angle, so you can't penalize him for it then! Or atleast no one in a black and gold uniform with the name Marchand on the back has done it in a game played on a Tuesday after an all star game in February in the year of 2017 so there's no precedence that the Nhl can use to compare it to

doubt they would let the islanders relocate.

Let them relocate implies they'd have a choice.  If Barclays throws them out they have to find a local place to play.  So if the league becomes desperate they need to look at MSG or the Devils rink.  No way they go back out to the old rink.

Squeezing a hockey team into the MSG or Devils rink schedules would be tough given the NBA presence.

Let them relocate implies they'd have a choice.  If Barclays throws them out they have to find a local place to play.  So if the league becomes desperate they need to look at MSG or the Devils rink.  No way they go back out to the old rink.

Squeezing a hockey team into the MSG or Devils rink schedules would be tough given the NBA presence.

There's no NBA team in the Devils' rink.  It could be a temporary solution.

There's no NBA team in the Devils' rink.  It could be a temporary solution.

How many Islanders fans are going to head all the way up to the Prudential Center in NJ to watch their orphan team? That would be devastating financially for the franchise, which is clearly when team owners take notice and look to relocation.

How many Islanders fans are going to head all the way up to the Prudential Center in NJ to watch their orphan team? That would be devastating financially for the franchise, which is clearly when team owners take notice and look to relocation.

I get you, but if I'm an Isles fan, I'd much rather travel to NJ to watch them than to Quebec.

The plan, last I read, was to build a new rink in Queens; it really should only take a couple of years.

I get you, but if I'm an Isles fan, I'd much rather travel to NJ to watch them than to Quebec.

The plan, last I read, was to build a new rink in Queens; it really should only take a couple of years.

Their apparent refusal to acknowledge that their true fan-base is in Nassau County seems somehow reminiscent of other franchise-locating activities in the NHL. The Islanders want a piece of the 5 boroughs, I guess.

Marchand back at it after the break. Took a lot out of him to not throw any slew foots during the ASG I bet

https://twitter.com/myregularface/status/826621463239155713

This is so in ridiculous man, why the does this fucoin weasel keep getting away with this type of play?

There is no place for that type of in the game, the players play by a code(minus emotional outbursts and momentary insanity) how much longer will they let this get away with it?

He's a in rat , someone needs to stomp him.

Their apparent refusal to acknowledge that their true fan-base is in Nassau County seems somehow reminiscent of other franchise-locating activities in the NHL. The Islanders want a piece of the 5 boroughs, I guess.

Nassau voters didn't want to invest public money in the Coliseum, though.  Which is fine, but if the consequence is that the team moves a whole whopping county away, well, that's that, right?

Ugh and blechk on Marchand. Awful.

Nassau voters didn't want to invest public money in the Coliseum, though.  Which is fine, but if the consequence is that the team moves a whole whopping county away, well, that's that, right?

I hadn't realized that Nassau County balked. I reckon you're right.

This is so ######in ridiculous man, why the ###### does this fucoin weasel keep getting away with this type of play?

There is no place for that type of ###### in the game, the players play by a code(minus emotional outbursts and momentary insanity) how much longer will they let this ###### get away with it?

He's a ######in rat ######, someone needs to stomp him.

My crazy conspiracy theory is the league always favors the Original-6 teams. If you play for Boston, the Rangers, Montreal, Chicago, Toronto, or Detroit you can get away with murder. :devil:

(the more plausible explanation is the league doesn't like to suspend its star players and they consider Marchand a star player)

My crazy conspiracy theory is the league always favors the Original-6 teams. If you play for Boston, the Rangers, Montreal, Chicago, Toronto, or Detroit you can get away with murder. :devil:

(the more plausible explanation is the league doesn't like to suspend its star players and they consider Marchand a star player)

After he's done intentionally injuring every opponent he can he scores on a goalie he injured earlier in the game

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.