Around the NHL 2016-2017

spndnchz

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/senators-stunned-macarthur-shut-season/

MacArthur is done for the remainder of the season, doctors not allowing him to resume playing.

On his 4th concussion already :blink:

I'd say most NHL players are over a half dozen by the time they make it to the league. The fact that they on start counting then is fairly disingenuous.

Claude Julien: "this team isn't talented enough"

He's gon' get fired. God I want in on that. Not happening after this win streak though.

Prediction: Someone else takes him, and we don't win two in a row again all season.

Getting Julien would be an absolute coup. Boston, with a "not talented enough" roster is sitting at #1 in the league in score-adjusted CF% at 55.78, a full two percentage points above 2nd place.

He's going to Dallas or St Louis, as much as it pains me today it

GO TO HELL I WANT HIM HERE!

Getting Julien would be an absolute ###### coup. Boston, with a "not talented enough" roster is sitting at #1 in the league in score-adjusted CF% at 55.78, a full two percentage points above 2nd place.

GO TO HELL I WANT HIM HERE!

:lol:

Well here's the thing now: if we really want him, there has to be justification to fire Byslma. So, do you root for this team to implode to that point and hope for Julien, or do you cheer for the playoffs?

This can't be a serious question, right?

It is

I will cheer for them to make the playoffs, but if someone is convinced Byslma is not the answer and that getting rid of him while Julien is out there is the best option, well I can see why they'd like for this year to be a failure

:lol:

Well here's the thing now: if we really want him, there has to be justification to fire Byslma. So, do you root for this team to implode to that point and hope for Julien, or do you cheer for the playoffs?

This is easy for me: whatever it takes to fire Bylsma. I honestly and truly don't think this team will ever advance from the 2nd round with Bylsma as coach. I know I'll get shouted down for this and I just don't care. Julien is a mammoth upgrade from Bylsma. 

That's a lot of sac.

See, fancystats people can get along with blood and guts people! Claude Julien has a much larger sac than Dan Bylsma! And we all know you need a large sac for playoff success.

This can't be a serious question, right?

Keeping Bylsma is functionally equivalent to not wanting to win a Cup.

*ducks*

I hate you. He's still totally getting fired though.

I didn't intentionally leave out details - I just finally found the full quote, after seeing that part on twitter :P But I agree, it's going to happen at some point, because I don't think the team is good enough to rip off a win streak. Another loss or two and it's probably over.

Unfortunately I don't think I've ever seen a coach fired just to hire a newly available coach?

I didn't intentionally leave out details - I just finally found the full quote, after seeing that part on twitter :P But I agree, it's going to happen at some point, because I don't think the team is good enough to rip off a win streak. Another loss or two and it's probably over.

Unfortunately I don't think I've ever seen a coach fired just to hire a newly available coach?

Perfect opportunity for Murray to resuscitate his ZFG reputation!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.