Around the NHL 2016-2017

spndnchz

Just as ROR should have gone after him after taking a stick to the beanbag. If someone sticked me there, I woulda broke my stick over his face. Crosby is a scumbag plain amd simple. Mario played with class for Pittsburgh, Cindy not so much. Some team needs to bring up an AHL goon to take him out before the playoffs start.

Absolutely. It would probably net a suspension, but I bet it would certainly get the beanbag piñata issues out in the open. 

So now Crosby's agent is saying that the Sens owner should be fined for his negative comments against Crosby.

Expect the NHL to investigate and fine Melnyk now for those disparaging and hurtful comments. Those comments probably hurt like cutting a finger off.....

worse

So now Crosby's agent is saying that the Sens owner should be fined for his negative comments against Crosby.

Expect the NHL to investigate and fine Melnyk now for those disparaging and hurtful comments. Those comments probably hurt like cutting a finger off.....

This is truly funny...I am sure the NHL will step up and fine Melnyk a few hundred thousand

There is no 2018 draft thread yet. Check out Rasmus Dahlin: https://twitter.com/Sorjogenov/status/845692709046247424?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fhfboards.hockeysfuture.com%2Fshowthread.php%3Ft%3D2053319%26page%3D14

Arguably better than Karlsson at the same age. Made a WJC appearance at 16 years old, playing in the SHL at 16 years old. 

Between him and Andrei Svechnikov, next year's draft is back to being insane. 

Also, this goal makes him the youngest player to ever score a goal in a playoff game in the SHL.

Edited by Randall Flagg

When Buff and Morrissey got hurt in the third last night, we had our top 7 out.

Buff Morrissey Trouba Enstrom Myers Postma and Chiarot.

Our starting D tonight could be scary.

Damn and I thought we had it bad lol

https://twitter.com/CSNCapitals/status/846088479142531073?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.nhl.com%2Fnews%2Fgolden-retriever-plays-fetch-at-capitals-game%2Fc-288117554

Cute dog playing catch on ice :p

Edited by Huckleberry

There is no 2018 draft thread yet. Check out Rasmus Dahlin: https://twitter.com/Sorjogenov/status/845692709046247424?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fhfboards.hockeysfuture.com%2Fshowthread.php%3Ft%3D2053319%26page%3D14

Arguably better than Karlsson at the same age. Made a WJC appearance at 16 years old, playing in the SHL at 16 years old.

Between him and Andrei Svechnikov, next year's draft is back to being insane.

Also, this goal makes him the youngest player to ever score a goal in a playoff game in the SHL.

7 year tank!

Trouba came back for last night's game and played almost half the game. I like the way our team plays when we have a lot of D out!!!! The forwards are helping out a lot more and the D are playing much more conservative.

That dog looks a lot like my first Golden. The white face and the color and curl of their fur.

Eddie lack just got destroyed while giving up the game winning goal in OT. he definitely got his eggs scrambled. He's still laid out on the ice.

I saw the replays.  Anthanasiou (sp) went in all alone from the side and came across the slot.  He was checked from behind just as he shot, and in getting checked put a shoulder to Lack's head.  They took him out immobilized on a backboard but he was released from the hospital last night.

I saw the replays.  Anthanasiou (sp) went in all alone from the side and came across the slot.  He was checked from behind just as he shot, and in getting checked put a shoulder to Lack's head.  They took him out immobilized on a backboard but he was released from the hospital last night.

And I hate it when defensive players do stuff like this. Sometimes you just have to let the goalie make the save and bail you out. Trying to get a piece of a guy who is already around you and subsequently putting him into your own goalie is just so damn careless. Guys on our team have done that to Lehner a few times this year. Don't push players into your own goalie! 

Edited by d4rksabre

No room for a top 3 goal scorer and top 2 points scorer all time on the Sabres?

Like heck there isn't.

I would sign Jagr and his hair in a heart beat.

I don't see how those facts are relevant - points scored by Jagr before I was born have no bearing on his performance next year at ages 45-46.

We're already slow as . He's on a beach right now. He's not coming here and we don't need him

And I hate it when defensive players do stuff like this. Sometimes you just have to let the goalie make the save and bail you out. Trying to get a piece of a guy who is already around you and subsequently putting him into your own goalie is just so damn careless. Guys on our team have done that to Lehner a few times this year. Don't push players into your own goalie! 

The replay will make you even madder then.  Athanasiou picked up the puck near boards at the blue line, then swooped across the slot, moving more east-west than north-south by the time he got to the goalie.  The defenseman, skating straight down the middle of the ice, got to Athanasiou just as he got to the crease.  Athanasiou's path would have took him close to, but not into, Lack; that is, until he was hit from behind into Lack.  Considering the relative speeds of Athanasiou and the D-man, that was a LOT of momentum transferred into the mostly stationary Lack.

And the defensive play was for naught anyway since Athanasiou scored.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.