Around the NHL 2016-2017

spndnchz

Stafford had actually been considered one of the best deadline steals/moves made this year, he was picked up for nothing and been pretty good for Boston

I think Drew is a decent "piece" player- someone who can fill in creditably.  He's not a star or a leader, but he's got a decent skill set.  His problem in Buffalo was timing:  He came up right behind the group that we now refer to as The Rotten Core and suffered from lack of quality leadership in his early NHL years.  He showed he could play in 2011-12 when he scored 31 goals, but as the team descended into the abyss of the Tank he went right down with it. 

A pretty dependable .5 point-per-game guy which puts him ahead of a lot of Sabres forwards.  If you put any other name on that jersey, he'd probably be a player most of the people on this board wouldn't mind having on the team.  But his statistical descent in his later days with the team so clearly paced the Tank, he'll forever be remembered here on SS as one of the last pieces of The Rotten Core to be purged.

Edited by Doohickie

I think Drew is a decent "piece" player- someone who can fill in creditably.  He's not a star or a leader, but he's got a decent skill set.  His problem in Buffalo was timing:  He came up right behind the group that we now refer to as The Rotten Core and suffered from lack of quality leadership in his early NHL years.  He showed he could play in 2011-12 when he scored 31 goals, but as the team descended into the abyss of the Tank he went right down with it. 

A pretty dependable .5 point-per-game guy which puts him ahead of a lot of Sabres forwards.  If you put any other name on that jersey, he'd probably be a player most of the people on this board wouldn't mind having on the team.  But his statistical descent in his later days with the team so clearly paced the Tank, he'll forever be remembered here on SS as one of the last pieces of The Rotten Core to be purged.

And Winnipeg and Boston thought so much of him that the consideration for the trade was a *conditional* sixth-round pick.

"I would rather have Drew Stafford on the Sabres than ____________"

My answer would be almost anyone in our bottom 6 not named Gionta and maybe Girgensons (or at least on the games he shows up).

No way I'm taking Stafford over Larsson, Foligno, Gionta and I'd even go as far as to include Moulson............. cap hit not taken into account.............

"I would rather have Drew Stafford on the Sabres than ____________"

My answer would be almost anyone in our bottom 6 not named Gionta and maybe Girgensons (or at least on the games he shows up).

No.  Just ###### no.  Don't make me resurrect the thread.

Edited by Eleven

Sabres interested in St Lawrence D Man per Bob McKenzie. He is expected to make his decision in the next 24-48 Hours

St. Lawrence graduating senior defenceman Gavin Bayreuther is sorting through his options before signing in the next day or two. Buffalo, Dallas, New Jersey and Colorado are among the teams with high levels of interest in Bayreuther.

Sabres interested in St Lawrence D Man per Bob McKenzie. He is expected to make his decision in the next 24-48 Hours

St. Lawrence graduating senior defenceman Gavin Bayreuther is sorting through his options before signing in the next day or two. Buffalo, Dallas, New Jersey and Colorado are among the teams with high levels of interest in Bayreuther.

Psh, should be an easy decision for him. "because Buffalo"! 

Sabres C Jack Eichel and LW Evander Kane both had a goal and an assist in Saturday's 5-3 win against Columbus. Eichel has 26 points (7 G, 19 A) in the past 19 games and Kane has 22 points (13 G, 9 A) in the past 23 games…Sabres D Rasmus Ristolainen added a couple of assists against Columbus and has 12 points (1 G, 11 A) in the past 14 games

http://www.tsn.ca/statistically-speaking-kane-climbs-in-scoring-race-1.695121

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.