What was Your Favorite Part of this Offseason?

WildCard

Alright, so some posted a negative thread, and I'd thought I'd counter that with this one; it's all sunshine and kittens over here! 

So, tell me, what was your favorite part of this offseason? Was it Okposo? Nylander? Eichel looking ripped when fishing?

Stamkos?  :ph34r:

Randall Flagg's jersey countdown thread. :angel:

But seriously, the part where the offseason ends. ###### the offseason.

I think this year it's particularly brutal because we're so excited to watch a good team again for the first time in 6 years

Kulikov, he's better than most people here think.

I am happy about this, I think he'll be a great fit with Risto and will help take lots of pressure off of him, while also allowing Gorges to slide into a role that he will do better in.

Something that I think has been under appreciated: Sabres got better

Okposo, Kulkov and Nylander for Pysyk? Hell yeah.

When it's put this way, that's pretty sweet.

I find myself completely forgetting about Okposo from time to time as I mentally sift through ways this team will make the playoffs. And then I remember him, and that he scored more points last year than any Sabre. Good stuff.

And with the "Sabres got better" theme, McCabe is a year older, Larsson seems to be developing into his role nicely.

Oh, and Jack is stronger and faster, and could probably put up 70 points this season, and Samson will continue to baffle us.

Gold: Drafting Nylander. I just love that pick to pieces.

Silver: Signing Okposo--though I'm still not huge on the 6th and 7th years of the contract, adding a legitimate 1st line caliber forward will be a very helpful in the medium term.

Bronze: Jack looking like he added 10 pounds of muscle...to his shoulders. Big season coming.

Okposo.  He's a very good player at a position the Sabres needed to improve, and he was the top free agent forward on the market (depending on whether you think Stamkos was on the market).  It was a strong move by the Sabres.

Runner-up:  Kulikov for Pysyk.  I was not a fan of Pysyk's, and Kulikov played a huge role for a playoff team -- and played quite a bit on the same pairing as Florida's #1 young franchise defenseman. 

1) Okposo - getting a tough, smart, talented winger with tread left on the tire for a reasonable cap figure

2) Nylander - I went round and round about who I thought would be available to us a 8.  I thought GMTM might go after a bookend D to play with Risto, but I hoped he grab one of the talented wingers.  Nylander fell right to us and I think we have the better brother for a change.  I think he'll be in the starting lineup for 17-18.

3) Bailey and Nylander's play in development camp.

1. Okposo - same reasons as many others have said

2. Nylander - Would of loved Juolevi but I'm in no way disappointed with the pick. I think he plays in Rochester most of the year and ends up getting a wiff of the NHL sometime near the last 10 games

3. Growth of Bailey and Guhle - Both looked a lot better in the prospects camp; Bailey will be a full time NHLer by season's end. Guhle likely could but Juniors rules prevent it.

Nylander, the draft in Buffalo, and all the quality information, analysis and "what ifs" in our draft thread. Tip of the cap to Crusader, among numerous others.

. Runner up ... Keeping Randy Cunnyworth and having him in a player development role. The learned, and the Amerks fans, may offer more insight than me, but I think Cunnyworth's one of those valuable organizational assets you hope you can keep.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.