Laraque: Sabres trying to trade Evander Kane

Hoss

I'm hoping that this is classic Canadian hockey media frenzied rumormongering, and I think it's at least 50/50 that that is the case, but I certainly have to acknowledge the possibility that it is true.

It's also quite possible that it's untrue and planted by a rival GM.

Was listening on my way to a meeting and thought he'd said he was told that by a rival AGM. (Wasn't paying close attention, so may be misheard.) If that was the source, doesn't mean it's not true, but there could be ulterior motives for putting it out there.

Channeling my inner PA....it's also possible that Pegula is tired of off-ice incidents and would prefer to cut ties.

Now, excuse me as I go shower with a flame thrower.

I agree. Pegula may be patient in many areas but I wonder how patient he is when it comes to tarnishing the brand. I see him as far less tolerant in that area than in others. Kim, too. 

GO SABRES!!!

Was listening on my way to a meeting and thought he'd said he was told that by a rival AGM. (Wasn't paying close attention, so may be misheard.) If that was the source, doesn't mean it's not true, but there could be ulterior motives for putting it out there.

No, Laraque said his source is a player agent.

Channeling my inner PA....it's also possible that Pegula is tired of off-ice incidents and would prefer to cut ties.

I could easily see this being the case.

Same.

But, whatever. I'm not self-immolating. Yet.

It's funny where I can draw the line on meddling. I'd have no problem with Pegula getting involved in this.

I would have zero opinion on the trade of Kane were it to occur. I'm not emotionally attached to anyone who hasn't won us a playoff game. If he goes, he goes. 

What if they whack little ?

What if they whack little ######?

Really? Two words, Eichel's first name and "off"?

That's on WGR as their tweet says considering and their article says trying.

If he heard it from an agent, it seems more logical that they're actually trying to trade him vs. just having internal discussions about trading him.

Quoting so I can use out of context on a yet to be determined future topic :P

I hear those words in the stereotypical political ad voiceover. "PASabreFan said he has no problem with Pegula meddling. PASabreFan is a flip-flopper. PASabreFan just can't be trusted."

OK -- I just listened to the interview.  Laraque said that an agent called GMTM to inquire about one of the agent's clients, a forward, and that GMTM told him in response that the Sabres were devoting all of their attention first to Stamkos, so GMTM couldn't have a serious conversation about the agent's client.  Then, GMTM allegedly told the agent that the Sabres are looking to unload Kane.  That agent then relayed the conversation to Laraque.

This sounds pretty far-fetched to me -- I don't see why in the world GMTM would offer that up to an agent -- but I can totally see a different GM planting that with the agent, or the agent fabricating it to advance his clients' interests.

This guy offers up the "buyout" scenario. This is going from A to Z in record time. Buy him out? Is that really a possibility? If so, I gotta believe that came directly from the top. 

http://sabreshockeycentral.com/2016/06/30/evander-kane-to-be-tradedbought-out

I think they'd terminate his contract like the Kings did with Richards and fight that out, rather than a buyout, if they're really going to ditch him.  (I don't think they're going to.)

Good riddance. His shoot first before looking if a play can develop isn't needed. His me first attitude on the ice and off the ice doesn't fit with the team we're developing. Don't give him away for free but a this point, any addition we can get in an area of need is a bonus. And it'll be all the more space to lure Vesey. 

I can see them wanting to move him before he causes more disruption.. But I do not believe this conversation took place in this way.

Why buyout or release Kane. He will be great Vegas Bait next year. Unless we can get a worthwhile ROI his value is better here.

Now if there is something we haven't heard regarding the off ice situation(s) well that can change a lot of stuff, but from best I can tell Kane was not at fault.. but info is lacking so that is just a guess

And we all know how that worked out:  Marshawn wearing a SB ring.

and I am still glad we got rid of that POS. God meshawn was and still is a douche bag

I can see them wanting to move him before he causes more disruption.. But I do not believe this conversation took place in this way.

Why buyout or release Kane. He will be great Vegas Bait next year. Unless we can get a worthwhile ROI his value is better here.

Now if there is something we haven't heard regarding the off ice situation(s) well that can change a lot of stuff, but from best I can tell Kane was not at fault.. but info is lacking so that is just a guess

and I am still glad we got rid of that POS. God meshawn was and still is a douche bag

You're right about Lynch, he was and still is a POS. Between his hit & run, smoking pot in an unlicensed vehicle, stealing 20's at the McKinely Mall and being a complete A-hole at the apartment complex that he lived at, he was a huge douche!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.