Laraque: Sabres trying to trade Evander Kane

Hoss

I called a prominent Buffalo defense attorney and told him I frequent a blog where a client of his is among the topics. I told him there are regular blog posters who refer to the "A" word when his client's name comes up and explainied that I didn't follow the reference. He paused for a moment and said that his office, too, used the "A" word when talking about his client. "The word's 'Annuity'", he explained.*

* The conversation claimed, represented and/or depicted, above, is wholly fictitious and did not, in fact, take place. Any resemblance to actual athletes frequently talking to defense lawyers is purely coincidental and assuredly unintended.

Edited by N'eo

Phew, at least now i'll be able to sleep soundly tonight :P

You MFer.  ;)

I'll confess to being naive to the bar scene, especially the underage club scene. What is 18+ night?

As indicated below above. They are also called "college nights" here. They're legal under the ABC laws and the NYSLA regs, but I often struggle to understand how that can be the case. Mayor Brown has talked about outlawing them from time to time, at least on the Chip Strip.

Fwiw, if you search on the Tweeter, it does appear that Eichel and Reinhart have previously attended other 18+ nights at Bottoms Up. (My search returned various drunk Tweets about seeing them at Bottoms Up from as long as ~400 days ago.)

So you mean to tell me young athletes may want to go out and have fun on their own, and it's not purely because Evander Kane is satanic? Who knew? :p

I'm telling you guys, Kane is being targeted by Buffalo's scummiest. He's easy picking if you want to try to extort someone. Guy can't go to Chippewa and not get messed with. That's messed up.

The bolded should probably be revised to say "...can't go to Chippewa and stay out until 3:00 AM, when most of who's left are either wasted or skeezy, and not get messed with."

He should know by now that the risk curve after midnight looks like a hockey stick.

So you mean to tell me young athletes may want to go out and have fun on their own, and it's not purely because Evander Kane is satanic? Who knew? :P

I'm going to have to fight someone aren't I?

(And by fighting, I mean more or less something like this:

4717846-9056092004-napol.gif)

I'm telling you guys, Kane is being targeted by Buffalo's scummiest. He's easy picking if you want to try to extort someone. Guy can't go to Chippewa and not get messed with. That's messed up.

You think he was sober in that situation? In asking that, I am accepting as fact that he doesn't drink.

I'd say the guy can't go to Chippewa if he can't avoid getting messed with. Famous athletes out on the town is nothing new to Buffalo. Some are just better at it than others. 

GO SABRES!!!

The bolded should probably be revised to say "...can't go to Chippewa and stay out until 3:00 AM, when most of who's left are either wasted or skeezy, and not get messed with."

He should know by now that the risk curve after midnight looks like a hockey stick.

He's 24. I would have stayed till it closed when I was 24. I can't demand he do otherwise.

I'm going to have to fight someone aren't I?

(And by fighting, I mean more or less something like this:

4717846-9056092004-napol.gif)

You think he was sober in that situation? In asking that, I am accepting as fact that he doesn't drink.

I think, sober or impaired, he's likely someone who will respond if challenged. And people are going to take that chance. Opportunists.

He's 24. I would have stayed till it closed when I was 24. I can't demand he do otherwise.

I think, sober or impaired, he's likely someone who will respond if challenged. And people are going to take that chance. Opportunists.

Both of your statements are true, and fair -- and he needs to understand them and act accordingly. 

His failure to do so doesn't make him a bad guy, but it could do substantial harm to his career and income -- so it's very much in his interest to figure it out.

I'd say the guy can't go to Chippewa if he can't avoid getting messed with. Famous athletes out on the town is nothing new to Buffalo. Some are just better at it than others.

GO SABRES!!!

I think he'll ultimately have to start hanging out at places he doesn't feel comfortable because at least he'll be spared trouble. But I get the feeling he likes a certain atmosphere.

Hell I was closing bars in Buffalo when I was 15... But that was 1978-79

I think he'll ultimately have to start hanging out at places he doesn't feel comfortable because at least he'll be spared trouble. But I get the feeling he likes a certain atmosphere.

Or he can hang out wherever he likes fully knowing that there is no shortage of douche bags looking to score points and master the art of defusing a bad situation. Can't meet douchebaggery with more douchebaggery. There's an art to it and if you can't swallow your pride first and foremost, there's little hope in making a bad situation better. 

GO SABRES!!!

As indicated below above. They are also called "college nights" here. They're legal under the ABC laws and the NYSLA regs, but I often struggle to understand how that can be the case. Mayor Brown has talked about outlawing them from time to time, at least on the Chip Strip.

That was going to be my next question. How in the world is that legal?

I haven't posted in a long time....but I have strong opinions on this.

Move the freakin' idiot jerk already!  It's LONG overdue. I'm sick of uber-rich

millionaire sports figures who are total jerks.

I can't afford cable TV. I can't afford to go to games. The only way that I can

be a Sabres fan still is to listen to WGR on the Internet and to read websites like

this one.   I work my butt off and get paid peanuts.

I will never spend one penny to support these kind of scum who stay out all

night at bars and have a reputation for being unkind to women.

Did we hear this stuff about Perreault, Andreychuk, Lafountaine?  No.  I don't

care what it takes, but get rid of this troublemaker Kane.  Now!

One was Abel, The other was Cain...enough said.

It's pretty naive to compare what we hear about today's athletes with athletes from the past. There's no doubt in my mind there are hundreds of athletes who have committed more heinous crimes that we never heard about because social media and pre-fact reporting were either non-existent or not as prevalent.

It's pretty naive to compare what we hear about today's athletes with athletes from the past. There's no doubt in my mind there are hundreds of athletes who have committed more heinous crimes that we never heard about because social media and pre-fact reporting were either non-existent or not as prevalent.

Although I'm not sure social media had anything to do with Kane's most recent incident... or the previous incident, or the one before that.

It absolutely impacted the reporting of it.

well, yeah.  But it's not like somebody posted the entire incident on FB or TWTR.    AFAIK, there isn't any video evidence of any wrong doing going around...  Sure the news spread over social media, like all news does.

well, yeah. But it's not like somebody posted the entire incident on FB or TWTR. AFAIK, there isn't any video evidence of any wrong doing going around... Sure the news spread over social media, like all news does.

I don't think what you're saying has anything to do with my point.

My post was a response to etienne99 saying "you never heard this about xxxx"

Edited by Hoss

Yeah. And was Perreault getting into trouble and waving around wads of cash on TV?

Buying billboards to win back his girlfriend (who might be assumed to have gotten out

before it was too late).  The reports were that he tried to drag a woman out of a bar

and tried to strangle another one!   This isn't a drunk driving his truck into Tim Horton's.

It isn't Tim Horton speeding on speed (and/or alcohol) late at night in his Porsche. This

is an in-your-face millionaire son of a pro boxer reportedly trying to choke a woman.

It's the old frog in the pot who can't sense the temperature change until it's too late.

If you all condone the type of behaviour attributed to Kane, then you'll all like that frog.

I'm old enough to remember a halfway decent society that punished criminals instead

of giving them fat contracts.

I've said enough for now.

I don't think what you're saying has anything to do with my point.

My post was a response to etienne99 saying "you never heard this about xxxx"

gotcha, so your saying the elder Sabres may have been involved in similar incidents during their hay day, but the news never spread beyond those who were firsthand witnesses, because of lack of txt msg, twtr, fb, etc...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.