Vesey signs with Rangers; huge thread now moot

jsb

This

I did some reading and came away with same understanding.  There is a limit per player, but I've seen no limit per team accept the overall cap, which provides a 7.5% overage if performance bonuses push you higher than cap.

seems to square with this

@NicholasLippa @2ITB_Buffalo I may have given out bad information on this, I'm re-checking CBA

4:06 PM - 5 Jul 2016

Not for nothing, the StatMiner fella appears to be a Rangers fan. So he's got an angle on wanting the Rangers to land Vesey.

Edited by That Aud Smell

The only stipulation is that teams are allowed to exceed the cap by 7.5% as a result of performance bonuses.     So if you're not a cap team, there's no limit on the number of perf bonuses you can hand out.    Eichel has the max, $2.85m, Reinhart is $2.65m, Fasching at $637k are the only significant perf bonuses on the roster. 

What could GMTM do to avoid it from playing out that way?   Demand he sign an extension before the trade deadline?   How'd that work out for NSH?   Poile is no dufus GM.

He would become someone's rental I would think.

However, GMTM can't sit on his hands waiting for Vesey to decide.    You would hope that Vesey would at least have the decency to tell GMTM if he's not interested in BUF so he can continue filling out the roster sans Vesey.     

That said, if Vesey likes Buffalo, but still wants to test to the UFA waters, then he's putting GMTM in a difficult position where he needs to wait until Vesey decides before pulling the trigger on an Ennis or Kane trade.... and the longer it drags out, the less chance GMTM has of pulling off such a trade... maybe he losses out on Fowler or Barrie because while he's waiting for Jimmy boy to make up his mind?

I don't think for a minute that Murray will do a minute of dithering on whether ve can sign Vesey if Barrie, Fowler or Way freaking Gretzky were to be offered to him. C'mon, why you trying so hard at this?

Vesey needs to go play someplace where he can be coddled. BUF is a blue collar, hard working, earn your keep type of city, and the team is a reflection of that.

Vesey would be a better fit in LA, ANA, or NY. If he does join BUF, I see it backfiring in a big way, setting this team back by impeding the workman like attitude a guy like Ryan O'Reilly is trying to establish in the locker room. Everything is earned, unless you're Jimmy Vesey.

Utter balderdash. 

I can only conclude you are trolling here. 

"Yo Vesey... you can't sign in Boston, the fans are insane.  They will be all over you for everything.  It's a really bad idea." - Jimmy Hayes

Vesey to Sweeney - "Hey, I'm not sold on playing for our crazy fans. I love Boston but I can't have everyone criticizing my life. I'm thinking Buffalo."

Sweeney to Vesey - "Check it: http://forums.sabrespace.com/topic/24179-veseys-rights-traded-to-sabres-for-3rd-round-pick-76/page-27"

Vesey to Sweeney: "Where do I sign?"

"Yo Vesey... you can't sign in Boston, the fans are insane.  They will be all over you for everything.  It's a really bad idea." - Jimmy Hayes

Vesey to Sweeney - "Hey, I'm not sold on playing for our crazy fans. I love Boston but I can't have everyone criticizing my life. I'm thinking Buffalo."

Sweeney to Vesey - "Check it: http://forums.sabrespace.com/topic/24179-veseys-rights-traded-to-sabres-for-3rd-round-pick-76/page-27"

Vesey to Sweeney: "Where do I sign?"

Good post. I was just thinking what he would think reading the bi-polar comments of frustrated Sabres fans. Myself included.lol

But can he speak it without having his hand held? I hear that's a problem for him.

Should have went to Europe and lived over there for a year; you know, learn the language a hard way, with a real work ethic

是的,他確實

Fuja ah ja ja Fuja

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.