Vesey signs with Rangers; huge thread now moot

jsb

He speaks fluent Mandarin?? He and I have something in common then. I wonder if he too has invented a means by which we we can let spiders talk to cats

No no you've got it wrong. He doesn't speak Mandarin, he learned how to peel mandarin oranges for himself. Before now the self entitled bum made others peel his oranges for him. What a lazy kid. I mean who goes to Harvard to study orange peeling? Guys trouble I tell ya.

Kris Baker tweeting about (foolishness of) Sabre fans being in a knot over Vesey's process vis a vis August 15. And I am confident he's not just looking at Twitter in order to get that vibe.

Hiya, Kris. Love your work!

This again? There are other Sabres sites ya know.

And, one more time, it's not the pro-cess that has some fans in a knot.

Edited by PASabreFan

This again? There are other Sabres sites ya know.

I won't stand for this modesty. There are others, sure. Just like there are lots of places to get wings.

And, one more time, it's not the pro-cess that has some fans in a knot.

It isn't? I quite think it is.

Edited by That Aud Smell

For what it's worth.... I heard Howard (or Jeremy?) on WGR mentioned briefly this morning that he emailed an NHL player agent regarding the rumor on whether a team has a limit on bonuses they can dish out, and the agent said that there is no such thing.  A couple posters above seemed to agree with this statement as well, I think.

For what it's worth.... I heard Howard (or Jeremy?) on WGR mentioned briefly this morning that he emailed an NHL player agent regarding the rumor on whether a team has a limit on bonuses they can dish out, and the agent said that there is no such thing.  A couple posters above seemed to agree with this statement as well, I think.

Yeah. That blogger/Rangers fan who posited that ELC-bonus-cap got a cadre of fans (including some here) fairly worked up - unnecessarily, it now appears.

It isn't? I quite think it is.

I think it's a combination of his (apparently) stiffing the Preds, then making some kind of "checklist" public. Coach/style of play/chance to play in the top six/cap space to pay him his millions after he scores 11 goals in two seasons etc.

I think it's a combination of his (apparently) stiffing the Preds, then making some kind of "checklist" public. Coach/style of play/chance to play in the top six/cap space to pay him his millions after he scores 11 goals in two seasons etc.

Right. His process, and discussion of the same with some inquiring minds.

he'll score 11 goals in his 1st 40 games not first 2 seasons.

another 20 goal score would be ace on this team, but the kid has a lot to prove in the NHL still.  

Between Carle 2006  and Gaudreau 2014 there are a lot of failed hobey baker winners.

(Blake Geoffrion career got cut short, but doubt he would have made a solid NHL career.)

The buzz is that Vesey is in Buffalo today. Some randoms on Twitter have said that they've seen him in and around Harborcenter. I guess the meeting must be today.

I've heard the same thing from someone IRL who -- when you hear something from him -- is basically like seeing it on Twitter.

I'm betting the whole "being guaranteed a top 6 spot with ample power play time" thing came directly from WGR. In fact, I can hear Andrew Peters saying those exact words in my head. 

I'm pretty certain Vesey never did and never will "demand" a Top 6 spot as a requirement for him to sign somewhere -- it doesn't even make sense. What's he going to do if 2 weeks into the season the coach moves him to the third line, not play?

But I do think he will be looking for teams where he has a good chance to play in the Top 6. Chances of that happening here got a little slimmer with the signing of Okposo (barring a trade), while Boston and Toronto seemingly have a spot waiting for him. It will take a pretty strong sales pitch to get him to sign, I think.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.