Around the NHL: 2016 Offseason

Hoss

No quote thoughts.

Crosby - it's awful.  Just too much respect for the guy now.  It's a horrible thing for Pens and hockey as was said above.  Given the severity of what he's gone through in the past with concussions it makes all that much more scary.  I think by saying the "in house" comments Sullivan opened himself up to be scrutinized and basically gave the media dogs rare meat for the locker room. They'll be all over it.  Could have simply said that he collided awkwardly with a player at practice and hit his head and boom.  Story done.

Gaudreau - good on him.  Let's hope he can live up to that deal for the next 6 years.  He's fun to watch.

Grigorenko leads unbeaten Avalanche.  Yes, you read that right.

The Colorado Avalanche finished 6-0-0, outscoring their opponents 16-5.

One of the biggest surprises was the play of center Mikhail Grigorenko, who tied Pirri and McDavid for the League lead with four goals.

Grigorenko avoided salary arbitration in July when he signed a one-year contract with the Avalanche. He had been acquired from the Buffalo Sabres in a trade for Ryan O'Reilly on June 26, 2015, and had six goals and 27 points in 74 games last season. 

"I think he has a high-hockey IQ, and he has the ability to make plays with and without the puck," coach Jared Bednar told the Avalanche website. "I just think he's a smart player, and if you give smart players opportunity, they are going to find a way to get the job done."

I chortled when I read the bolded part.

Edited by Doohickie

– Ivan Provorov and Travis Konecny Make Flyers Opening Day Roster

– Christian Ehrhoff was released from his PTO with the Bruins

– Lauri Korpikoski signs with Dallas Stars

– Radko Gudas received a six-game suspension for his hit on Austin Czarnik

– Austin Czarnik was diagnosed with a concussion and is out for 7-10 days. Adam McQuaid is out as well.

– Brandon Prust didn’t make the Leafs roster but is invited to keep skating with them (Mitch Marner did)

– Andrew Desjardins is out for 4-6 weeks.

http://thehockeywriters.com/johnny-gaudreau-signs-crosby-has-concussion-nikita-kucherov-deal-more/

Think it might be time to remove 'Offseason' from the thread title, eh?  :flirt:

Edited by WildCard

– Ivan Provorov and Travis Konecny Make Flyers Opening Day Roster

– Christian Ehrhoff was released from his PTO with the Bruins

– Lauri Korpikoski signs with Dallas Stars

– Radko Gudas received a six-game suspension for his hit on Austin Czarnik

– Austin Czarnik was diagnosed with a concussion and is out for 7-10 days. Adam McQuaid is out as well.

– Brandon Prust didn’t make the Leafs roster but is invited to keep skating with them (Mitch Marner did)

– Andrew Desjardins is out for 4-6 weeks.

http://thehockeywriters.com/johnny-gaudreau-signs-crosby-has-concussion-nikita-kucherov-deal-more/

Think it might be time to remove 'Offseason' from the thread title, eh?  :flirt:

Every time I hear about Mitch Marner:

Both are better than Pavs and Armia was supposed to be Laine as a rookie.

Armia never was seen as being on the Laine level.

Grigorenko was always smart. He was brought up much to early and was just unbearably slow. Still, I doubt he amounts to much 

This is the season that will define him, he'll get plenty of top 6 chances.

Avs are playing him with Duchene and Soderberg.

Unexpected scenario to watch #becausebuffalo

Back problems cripple ROR this year, while, Grigorenko puts up 40 points and Zadorov plays well in top four minutes.

Meanwhile, Evander Kane scores 30 while Myers struggles, Lemieux pouts and Stafford and Armia are roster filler afterthoughts.

Teemu Pulkinnen goes to Minnesota meaning a lot of teams, including Buffalo, passed on him.

Klas Dahlbeck to Carolina

Mike Condon to Pittsburgh

PA Parenteau to New Jersey

Seth Griffith to Toronto

Edited by Hoss