Around the NHL: 2016 Offseason

Hoss

We're out of tank mode people, BUF is no longer in desperate need for merely serviceable NHL players.   Why would we take somebody else's scraps?   It ain't happening.    There's a reason these guys are being waived.

Edited by pi2000

Teemu Pulkkinen intrigues me greatly, but I don't think he gets to eight in the waiver order.

Parenteau also intrigues me. I don't think we end up with either, though. And that's fine.

Also: Sidney Crosby has been diagnosed with another concussion.

Edited by Hoss

That really sucks. Any idea when he sustained it? 

Supposedly at some point at practice on Friday. 

PIT coach Mike Sullivan said they would prefer to keep in house what specifically in Fri's practice may have led to Crosby's concussion.

Edited by LGR4GM

Teemu Pulkkinen intrigues me greatly, but I don't think he gets to eight in the waiver order.

Parenteau also intrigues me. I don't think we end up with either, though. And that's fine.

Also: Sidney Crosby has been diagnosed with another concussion.

Yea, I actually don't think Pulkkinen makes it to 2, let alone 8.

Bob McKenzie@TSNBobMcKenzie 2m2 minutes ago

PIT coach Mike Sullivan said they would prefer to keep in house what specifically in Fri's practice may have led to Crosby's concussion.

Practice? Extra brutal to have it happen that way.

ALL THE NEWS!!!!

Hitchcock said Allen will skate with the trainers on Tuesday and if he feels good, join the team for practice. #stlblues

Coach Q says Andrew Desjardins will be sidelined with a lower body injury for 4-6 weeks. #Blackhawks

Oh and Joffrey Lupul is not fit to play anytime soon according to the leafs

That's.... unusual?   It sounds like he got in a fight?  Otherwise, why would the keep it in house?

Thanks, LGR. 

Just feel bad for the guy in particular and the game in general. Once you get your first concussion the next is exponentially easier to get and usually takes less force to sustain. How many concussions has he had to this point? He should seriously consider hanging them up and look forward to his HOF induction and a healthy life. 

Thanks, LGR. 

Just feel bad for the guy in particular and the game in general. Once you get your first concussion the next is exponentially easier to get and usually takes less force to sustain. How many concussions has he had to this point? He should seriously consider hanging them up and look forward to his HOF induction and a healthy life.

Anybody else having LaFontaine flashbacks when thinking about this?

Left Wing Lock@Left_Wing_Lock 29s30 seconds ago

Left Wing Lock Retweeted Elliotte Friedman

Hutchinson and Hellybuyck for @NHLJets

Are the Jets tanking? Hutchinson is terrible and Hellebuyck probably isn't ready.

Pavelec AND Peluso sent down....HOOWAH!!!!!

Armia, Connor, Tanev and Morrissey are the rookies to start the season...

Armia on 3rd line because Staf is 2RW...

Armia isn't a rookie..

Edited by Thorny

Anybody else having LaFontaine flashbacks when thinking about this?

First thought I had.

That's.... unusual?   It sounds like he got in a fight?  Otherwise, why would the keep it in house?

Gotta be a fight or cheap shot

Don't discount them keeping mum because they don't want an opponent to know how it happened.

Didn't see this posted elsewhere, Gudas got 6 games for the hit on the Baaahstan guy.

At last.  No more "He doesn't have a suspension history".

First thought I had.

Don't discount them keeping mum because they don't want an opponent to know how it happened.

At last.  No more "He doesn't have a suspension history".

Interestingly, they said (on NHLN) that the league did consider him a repeat offender when figuring out the suspension. Really not sure how they determine that.