Around the NHL: 2016 Offseason

Hoss

Face of the franchise doesn't make you the captain. Just because your fans love you and you are a high pick doesn't give you more of a right to lead a team than a proven vet.

And ROR has been a Selke finalist. He also would have lead the team in scoring had he not been injured

He did anyways, IIRC.

Blake Wheeler is 36

Don't get me wrong he's good, but 36. He had a career year last year. He might be 46th but he's impo not a top 40 player this season.I suppose I'm just being grumpy about jack. There are a few names on there that are getting ranked for past performance. Edited by LGR4GM

I'm fine with Blake Wheeler being on the list. He's better than Eichel right now. And he's awesome.

Hell, I'll do my own list.

1. Sidney Crosby

2. Jamie Benn

3. Carey Price

4. Drew Doughty

5. Patrick Kane

6. Alex Ovechkin

7. Erik Karlsson

8. Jonathan Toews

9. John Tavares

10. Anze Kopitar

11. Tyler Seguin

12. Brent Burns

13. Patrice Bergeron

14. Johnny Gaudreau

15. Connor McDavid (he'll be in the top five next year but slow down, kid)

16. Evgeni Malkin

17. Joe Pavelski

18. Victor Hedman

19. Ryan Getzlaf

20. Braden Holtby

21. Vladimir Tarasenko

22. Roman Josi

23. PK Subban

24. Nikita Kucherov

25. Steven Stamkos

26. Nicklas Backstrom

27. Oliver Ekman-Larsson

28. Cory Schneider

29. Joe Thornton

30. Shea Weber

31. Claude Giroux

32. Logan Couture

33. Taylor Hall

34. Blake Wheeler

35. Duncan Keith

36. Kris Letang

37. Filip Forsberg

38. Corey Perry

39. Brad Marchand

40. Alex Pietrangelo

41. Ryan O'Reilly

42. Aaron Ekblad

43. Evgeni Kuznetsov

44. Kevin Shattenkirk

45. Nathan MacKinnon

46. Jack Eichel

47. Kevin Gostisbehere

48. Gabriel Landeskog

49. Tyler Toffoli

50. Phil Kessel

I made that list in about three minutes so feel free to tear it apart.

Heraing Yakupov to St.Louis for young prospect blueliner.. #Oilers

Jeremy Rutherford @jprutherford

According to league sources, the #stlblues are on the verge of acquiring Edmonton forward Nail Yakupov.

Reports saying it's a conditional draft pick.

Man. I realize he looks like he's a bust...but what's the downside there? Type of move I'd have loved to see Murray make.

Man. I realize he looks like he's a bust...but what's the downside there? Type of move I'd have loved to see Murray make.

he's a career -88

oh wait, that means nothing at all.    he's great... too bad Murray didn't grab him, we could use him to improve our team goal differential.

It'd be like Carrier or Possler & a conditional 2nd for Yakupov (the condition is it's a 2nd if he scores 15 goals, a 3rd if not). I wouldn't hate that deal, but I think we've got enough young players who can fill those spots.

There are rumblings tonight that Kris Russell will be signing with EDM, too.

Edited by Hoss

he's a career -88

oh wait, that means nothing at all. he's great... too bad Murray didn't grab him, we could use him to improve our team goal differential.

Souch potential, and yet you're fascinated with +/-. We keep showing you electricity and you keep going back to fire. God dammit pi Edited by WildCard

Wow the Oil are really aggressive. Don't know if it will make difference but they are aggressive 

It'd be like Carrier or Possler & a conditional 2nd for Yakupov (the condition is it's a 2nd if he scores 15 goals, a 3rd if not). I wouldn't hate that deal, but I think we've got enough young players who can fill those spots.

There are rumblings tonight that Kris Russell will be signing with EDM, too.

With the current state of our blue line I'd consider Russell for the vet minimum.