Around the NHL: 2016 Offseason

Hoss

Weber would gladly take it on the chin for any guy on this team. Man is a warrior but his best hockey may be behind him. Sad thing is that we may need him before long.

No no no no no no no. I don't care that he's willing to take a hit. GO AWAY, MIKE WEBER! You're an awesome dude who is way better at hockey than I ever will be and could punch a hole through my throat, but I don't want you on my team.

We don't need him. His best hockey is behind him and even that wasn't good.

Liger, post the "Let It Go" video please and thank you.

How's he looking?

He looked good but hard to tell with RNH not playing and checking that line...It was the top line as Ehlers Scheifele and Wheeler weren't dressed...he played just over two periods with Laine and Little and the 3rd period with Laine and Perreault...Probably play with Perreault and Laine for the last pre-season is my hunch. He will make the team but I can't see him beating out someone in the top 6.

sidenote... The Jets D looked atrocious last night and Myers was about the 2nd worst of them all. This means that Stuart Morrissey Postma and Buff outplayed him! Besides Buff, none of those D men should be outplaying him. Chiarot was barely playing at a junior level.

He looked good but hard to tell with RNH not playing and checking that line...It was the top line as Ehlers Scheifele and Wheeler weren't dressed...he played just over two periods with Laine and Little and the 3rd period with Laine and Perreault...Probably play with Perreault and Laine for the last pre-season is my hunch. He will make the team but I can't see him beating out someone in the top 6.

sidenote... The Jets D looked atrocious last night and Myers was about the 2nd worst of them all. This means that Stuart Morrissey Postma and Buff outplayed him! Besides Buff, none of those D men should be outplaying him. Chiarot was barely playing at a junior level.

Saw some highlights of Laine in a game against Calgary, I think it was. Obviously he's still getting used to NA rink size, but he looked very good. He's going to generate so many scoring chances any given game. And Kyle Connor was very impressive as well. I like what the Jets are doing up there. 

Also, Mike Weber is soooooooo much better than Justin Falk. Maybe not that many "o"s, but more than one. I will be furious if Weber is available as a 7D and Falk isn't playing in the AHL 1oo% of the season.

Heraing Yakupov to St.Louis for young prospect blueliner.. #Oilers

Jeremy Rutherford @jprutherford

According to league sources, the #stlblues are on the verge of acquiring Edmonton forward Nail Yakupov.

Reports saying it's a conditional draft pick.

Oilers' offseason: Two first-overall picks for Larsson/conditional pick/prospect

Chiarelli loves dealing away top 2 draft picks

:P

Saw some highlights of Laine in a game against Calgary, I think it was. Obviously he's still getting used to NA rink size, but he looked very good. He's going to generate so many scoring chances any given game. And Kyle Connor was very impressive as well. I like what the Jets are doing up there. 

Also, Mike Weber is soooooooo much better than Justin Falk. Maybe not that many "o"s, but more than one. I will be furious if Weber is available as a 7D and Falk isn't playing in the AHL 1oo% of the season.

Oilers' offseason: Two first-overall picks for Larsson/conditional pick/prospect

Chiarelli loves dealing away top 2 draft picks

:P

Be prepared to be furious. Seems pretty clear to me that Murray likes the team as is.

It'd be like Carrier or Possler & a conditional 2nd for Yakupov (the condition is it's a 2nd if he scores 15 goals, a 3rd if not). I wouldn't hate that deal, but I think we've got enough young players who can fill those spots.

Elliotte Friedman

@FriedgeHNIC

There are rumblings tonight that Kris Russell will be signing with EDM, too.

That's actually looks like more than St Louis gave up. This Pochiro kid looks like someone who hasn't been able to make it above the ECHL so far, granted its only one year. I'll have to read up on him, but at first glance it kind of looks like St Louis moved one of their bottom contracts to make this happen.

I feel like these two teams have made several deal in recent years. That may be from before Chiarelli though.

It'd be like Carrier or Possler & a conditional 2nd for Yakupov (the condition is it's a 2nd if he scores 15 goals, a 3rd if not). I wouldn't hate that deal, but I think we've got enough young players who can fill those spots.

There are rumblings tonight that Kris Russell will be signing with EDM, too.

Not even close, the kid they traded is an ECHL player, Armstrong made a steal here.    At worst he loses a 2nd round pick.

Radkos Gudhas or whatever just got someone else in the head.

Check out @myregularface's Tweet: https://twitter.com/myregularface/status/784891213392543744?s=09

Another angle

Check out @myregularface's Tweet: https://twitter.com/myregularface/status/784891405290307584?s=09

Wait.

He wasn't suspended for the Vesey hit?