Around the NHL: 2016 Offseason

Hoss

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger  13m

The Dept of Player Safety is analyzing Radko Gudas's hit last night on Boston's Austin Czarnik. Hearing/no hearing yet to be determined.

"We have determined that there was no ill intent in the hit. Radko has been given a lollipop and an apology."

They'll give him three games after he finally paralyzes somebody. 

http://nhl.nbcsports.com/2016/10/07/oilers-cut-reinhart-from-camp-making-trade-with-isles-look-even-worse/

Chiarelly is really making some questionable moves with the oilers, Didn't know they gave up that much lol.

Getting rid of yakupov I can understand a bit, but that was really low value coming back to.

"Fail for Nail" was a thing.

Ahh yes... I recall that.  Of course they weren't winning anyway right so coming up with a slogan on how to lose just a few extra games isn't so bad.. we all know how that is. :)

Not even close, the kid they traded is an ECHL player, Armstrong made a steal here.    At worst he loses a 2nd round pick.

Yak has the last say in that and i wouldn't want him on my team. There's a reason he only brought back what he did.

After Yak, 7 of the next 8 players drafted were D men...how would the Oilers look with Lindholm on their D?

Yak has the last say in that and i wouldn't want him on my team. There's a reason he only brought back what he did.

After Yak, 7 of the next 8 players drafted were D men...how would the Oilers look with Lindholm on their D?

Particularly in light of Hall, who is much better, only fetching what he did. Realistically there is probably a perceived stigma surrounding the Oilers failed core. 

Uh-oh, NHL offered Gudas an in-person hearing, which he declined.  Suspension can go more than 5, but won't anyway.

I never understood why players decline these.

Particularly in light of Hall, who is much better, only fetching what he did. Realistically there is probably a perceived stigma surrounding the Oilers failed core. 

I never understood why players decline these.

Because he knows the hammer is coming down, so why waste his time?