Around the NHL: 2016 Offseason

Hoss

Does anyone other than Pi think Trouba is a better player?

It's like Randall said. Trouba still has the upside but he has stagnated a little. Still think he has good value, but Risto has a higher upside and is better right now.

Trouba should fetch a decent return though, judging by the Hall fiasco.

Edited by Thorny

Clarke MacArthur suffered his 4th concussion in the last 18 months today.  Not good for him at all.  He's just returning after missing last season to a concussion.

Bobby Ryan, and later Chris Neil, both went after the teammate that hit MacArthur.  It seems everyone knows how bad this is for him.

Clarke MacArthur suffered his 4th concussion in the last 18 months today.  Not good for him at all.  He's just returning after missing last season to a concussion.

Bobby Ryan, and later Chris Neil, both went after the teammate that hit MacArthur.  It seems everyone knows how bad this is for him.

How in the fook do you drill a guy's numbers into the boards in a preseason intra-squad scrimmage?  Idiot.

I hope MacArthur will be okay -- even if that means he has to hang them up. Like many, I admire and respect MacArthur's game. He epitomizes the proverbial "plays the game the right way" mantra.

User Actions
  Follow
xQ6As28g_bigger.jpgBrady Trettenero@BradyTrett

Clarke MacArthur gets boarded by Patrick Sieloff at Sens scrimmage. Immediately gets taken down by a livid Bobby Ryan.

The video won't embed but if you go to this guys twitter you can see it. It was a dumb hit IMPO. Bobby Ryan is trying to big the crap out of the guy even as the linesman try to separate them.

Edited by LGR4GM

$49 M

Damn good deal I think, as much as I despise the rat. 

Didn't think the hit was that bad, MacArthur seems to be turning around in the wrong moment leaving his head exposed to the hit.

but in a team scrimmage those kind of hits shouldn't be happening.

You're right, those hits probably shouldn't be happening. But, if he's going to get concussed again by a hit like that, he wasn't going to make it long in the regular season. I don't see him ever coming back. 

Good article on the Kucherov conundrum for TB

http://www.todaysslapshot.com/nichols-notes/mckenzie-kucherov-present-golden-opportunity-offer-sheet/

NHL Insider Bob McKenzie addressed the issue Wednesday morning while on Montreal’s TSN 690.

“If you’re going to give Nikita Kucherov a long-term contract – five, six, seven years, or whatever the case may be – at a number that makes sense for Kucherov, Steve Yzerman will have to trade a player and clear some cap space in order to do that,” said McKenzie. “If you’re going to do a bridge deal, then you probably could do that. But again, if you’re Kucherov – this is not the type of player that should be bridged.

Well, Tampa isn't exactly overflowing with vets they want to trade and other teams want to trade for. Who is giving anything for Ryan Callahan's carcass at this point?

They should have traded Ben Bishop this summer when they had multiple opportunities. I could see Yzerman being cautious about Vasilevski's ability.

They don't need a ton of room to get it done either.  Really you're looking to survive with Callahan until the offseason at which point you pray Vegas takes him off your hands.  If not you can always do a buyout to get more room.

Or there's always that option.  I might call up CBJ as well, Torts likes his aging grit guys and really since all Tampa is looking for is cap space they can take a pick back - even one two years from now.

Aging grit vets, the theory that team USA was built upon. 

Guys, Nashville was pretty fun and easy to root for last year AND they got PK Subban this offseason. How cool is that? Good for him and good for them. I hope they're the team lucky enough to lose to us in the finals.

The predators hold a special place in my heart. 

So.. he's upset that he might have gotten slew footed by Beagle.. but he doesn't even know it was Beagle who was standing next to him at the time he shoves the other Caps player skating by.. then he takes that entire time and runs the guy from behind with clear intent to injure?

10-20 games.. minimum.  

not only that.. while "fighting" he starts his WWE routine to pump up the crowd..

Good signing by Montreal.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/capitals-insider/wp/2016/09/28/montreals-andrew-shaw-faces-nhl-hearing-after-dangerous-hit-on-caps-prospect-connor-hobbs/#comments

Shaw will have a hearing, does not specify if it is in person but I assume it to be. I say at least 5 games. That is the type of hit you show when you talk about suspension worthy hits. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/capitals-insider/wp/2016/09/28/montreals-andrew-shaw-faces-nhl-hearing-after-dangerous-hit-on-caps-prospect-connor-hobbs/#comments

Shaw will have a hearing, does not specify if it is in person but I assume it to be. I say at least 5 games. That is the type of hit you show when you talk about suspension worthy hits. 

Phone hearing:  Renaud Lavoie@renlavoietva Sep 28

Phone hearing for Andrew Shaw. #canadiens #tvasports