Around the NHL: 2016 Offseason

Hoss

PLEASE GIVE US MONEY SO WE CAN PAY ALL THESE GUYS TO DO ANYTHING AT ALL,EXCEPT PLAY HOCKEY!!!!!!!

All 6 of their fans have to be livid about what they did with that. 

They think those slogans are bad? Carolina has been running with "join the REDvolution" for at least two years now. What does that even mean?

Panthers did a Red campaign too, it was rather cheesy. 

Vesey does turn, but Gudas has plenty of time to alter his approach and strategy. The modern game requires a tie-up there. It was during a bygone era - one that no one needs to see return - where it was arguably permissible to pile drive that player in the boards.

Gudas is a complete and utter POS. God willing, he'll be out of the league before the upcoming season is over. 

Arizona should be contracted immediately.

I wouldn't be a fan of that as I am now in their market to go to live games.  LOL.  Though I do agree in principle!  HAH!

Poor kid, showed so much promise in Brampton. 

Gudas never should have gotten a boarding major for this. It was lined up to be a clean hit until Vesey stops, spins around half bent over with his face square against the glass. Vesey just learned a hard lesson and Gudas got unfairly called on it. 

https://twitter.com/myregularface/status/783089751662456832

Vesey sold it, as he is coached to do, and anyone but Gudas only gets a minor boarding call there, but it was Gudas so he got a major. Nothing to see here.

Vesey sold it, as he is coached to do, and anyone but Gudas only gets a minor boarding call there, but it was Gudas so he got a major. Nothing to see here.

I agree, Gudas has the Kaleta Effect. Good call by the league of the non-suspension. 

McDavid named captain of the Oilers

https://twitter.com/EdmontonOilers/status/783736039609208832

This video gave me a few thoughts:

• This video was well done up until the unveil. It was obvious McDavid is the choice (tweet even says it), but it's too sudden
  • Edmonton was brilliant to go back to that look (please follow suit, Buffalo)
  • Please let the Sabres do something like this when they replace Gionta
  • Our captain has to be Eichel. Best player who will be around for a long time. He's a leader.
Edited by Hoss

It was good video, thanks for posting.

I think Eichel should be Assistant Capt. I think ROR is the Captain of this team.

Agreed. I never did like a team's best player defaulting into captain Edited by WildCard

Disagree 1000000000%. I was on the O'Reilly train as captain for the longest time (like eight months), but I think Eichel is already nearing him in both ability and leadership qualities. He will surpass him in ability in no time and will match the leadership.

I want the C on my best player if at all possible and it's easy here. He's the face of the franchise, the best player (within a year or two), exhibits leadership qualities and going to be here for a long time.

It also probably wouldn't hurt in negotiations down the line if you showed the confidence in him to wear it. Eichel is our captain.

Nobody is defaulting into captain, WC. How dare you insult Eichel's qualities like that.

Edited by Hoss