Around the NHL: 2016 Offseason

Hoss

Just so we're clear, I never meant to insinuate I thought Ruff was somehow doing a bad job. Pointing out a flaw is not the same as saying he sucks.

Oh, and Liger, watch it. You're this close to your "We don't need Ryan O'Reilly because we have Zemgus Girgensons" being immortalized in my sig.

That is true, I also openly admitted I was incorrect about ROR

Edited by LGR4GM

Just so we're clear, I never meant to insinuate I thought Ruff was somehow doing a bad job. Pointing out a flaw is not the same as saying he sucks.

Oh, and Liger, watch it. You're this close to your "We don't need Ryan O'Reilly because we have Zemgus Girgensons" being immortalized in my sig.

I love what Liger brings to the board, but this is really about #15 on the list of all-time sig-recrimination-worthy Ligerisms.

I wonder how many of us can remember our own worst moments. Maybe a self-shaming thread? After all, it's easy to remember the failures of others.

I say Gerbe could play center and that Zemgus could fill ROR role. Those are mine. Learned a lot over the years. In my defense of the ROR thing it wasn't that I didn't want him, it was more of a how much would he cost to keep thing.

I say Gerbe could play center and that Zemgus could fill ROR role. Those are mine. Learned a lot over the years. In my defense of the ROR thing it wasn't that I didn't want him, it was more of a how much would he cost to keep thing.

Yea, but the cost could be a fair argument. The whole Zemgus equivalency thing you weaved in, however...

Don't feel bad, my all-timer is saying I'd rather have Myers than Karlsson because...reasons I'd rather not get into. I also wouldn't have moved Myers for Getzlaf. In fact, I think the majority of my historically bad takes have been because of Myers :lol:

Could've sworn Malkin for Roy was yours. That tops 'em all.

2016 NHL Season Prediction: http://www.thesportster.com/hockey/projecting-the-2016-17-nhl-standings/2/

Included in this is the statement that Andrew Shaw will score 20goals consistently... which he has never done consistently... he did it once.. in 2013/14 playing on the Chicago Blackhawks.

Anyways enjoy the predictions, they were intriguing. I will say I disagree that our division rivals made significant upgrades and that will keep us lower than many here would say. I don't think anyone in the division really upgraded their team significantly outside of Buffalo and Toronto (sorry Matthews is good and Toronto is going to get better).

Edited by LGR4GM

Remember the contest I think GODD did a couple of years ago where the Sabres had a line and everyone could make a bet on a pre set amount. Any way we could try and do that this year?

I remember that. I won.

I miss Drane...