Around the NHL: 2016 Offseason

Hoss

BREAKING: Blues sign Steen to a four-year, $23 million contract extension ($5.75 AAV).

He's been good, but not worth that imo

Fair price for Steen.

I strongly disagree considering his age.

Could have been a lot worse for the Blues.

What? Look at the Okposo deal. OH MY GOD I LOVE GMTM!

If you're good with the Steen deal I want you to do a little GMTM Sabredance. 

Five years younger I believe and more points last season? More upside, more more more. How do you like it, how do you like it more more more! (50 + group)

His agent is playing hardball and this is/was his only move.

If he is traded, I have faith in Chevy to get fair market value. Look what the Oilers gave up to get a 2nd pairing D man...

Overhardt is a dick (can I say that?) that isn't really doing the best thing for his client. Better now than when we are contenders though.

I wonder what we could trade for Trouba... 

His agent is playing hardball and this is/was his only move.

If he is traded, I have faith in Chevy to get fair market value. Look what the Oilers gave up to get a 2nd pairing D man...

Overhardt is a dick (can I say that?) that isn't really doing the best thing for his client. Better now than when we are contenders though.

He may. I think moving Trouba now for value is harder than it was say at the draft or before July 1. Should be interesting to see where he lands. 

He may. I think moving Trouba now for value is harder than it was say at the draft or before July 1. Should be interesting to see where he lands. 

It'd basically have to be Bogosian, wouldn't it? If he wants out of Winnipeg so he can get lots of minutes on the right side? I think we're a terrible fit for him, because I doubt they want Bogosian back. 

It'd basically have to be Bogosian, wouldn't it? If he wants out of Winnipeg so he can get lots of minutes on the right side? I think we're a terrible fit for him, because I doubt they want Bogosian back. 

Yea, there's no way this is a fit for us because we can't have what could be > $16m in cap on the right side of the blue line. I'm not saying this because I hate him, but we'd have to move Bogosian in a separate deal for this to work. 

Is there any reason he wants out?

Wants to play on the right side--he's been playing left side apparently because of Byfuglien and Myers.

Depending on what they think of him...McCabe+.

Their fans seem to expect something like Hamonic +, or Nurse straight up, so I think the main piece would have to be a bit better than Jake.

Me too. But some around here (to say nothing of Murray/Bylsma) love McCabe. Be curious to know what opinion among league execs is of him. Ironically, I think Trouba would be a pretty great partner for McCabe.

Bogo is Trouba's best bud right?

When do the Risto for Trouba+ rumours start?

And let me be the first to point out the second best forward on Team Canada is from southern Ontario is soon to be a UFA and is best friends with Okposo and Moulson. ????

Edited by dudacek

Bogo is Trouba's best bud right?

When do the Risto for Trouba+ rumours start?

And let me be the first to point out the second best forward on Team Canada is from southern Ontario is soon to be a UFA and is best friends with Okposo and Moulson. ????

I imagine it would be Risto for Trouba straight up, but the problem is too many righties in Winnipeg so it wouldn't help.