GDT: Buffalo @ Toronto, 7:30 pm ET, 3/7/2016

Doohickie

Pysyk has been pushing the envelope by joining the rush more and more lately.

We know it was one of the reasons he spent last year in the minors, but until recently it hasn't been part of his game up here.

Nice to see him rewarded last night.

Nazem Kadri on Jack Eichel: "He's a good player. I think he has a hard time in his own end, but definitely special with the puck."

https://twitter.com/reporterchris/status/707049685438042113?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw 

Nazem Kadri, who floated by and totally missed his man, Eichel, as he scored to start the third period comeback. 

Bogosian and Kane better crush that guy next time we play them.

Agree wholeheartedly with this and playing basically 6 rookies to boot. A typical very young team making mindless errors one minute and looking awesome the next.

As for the bolded.... Don't do it brother, Don't do it. I don't understand the constant scrutiny of Bogosian and Kane. Everything they do that's not perfect gets hammered over and over. Just the added toughness these 2 bring to the table for this team makes that trade necessary as time moves along.

Other observations:

Sabres are now 12-9-5 in the 2nd half of this season.

I'm starting to worry about Girgensons, of all the talk about Moulson's struggles, he deserves to be on the what's wrong with him list.

Unless we get lucky or start up another mini tank, a top 5 pick may not be in the cards this upcoming draft. Up to 8th in the bottom seed and with the lowest goal differential of that group, it may not be a sure thing to getting someone that can help immediately in the draft this year.

I kept going back and forth between the Toronto feed and the MSG feed. A much better broadcast on the TSN side and I hate Toronto. They were both critical and complementary of the Sabres at the appropriate times. Described the action in much better detail also. One comment that stood out during the game was how much better would we be if we had Ekblad and McDavid instead of our 2 guys. No disparaging remarks on it but brought out the luck involved in the draft process. Spoke of the could have been top pairing of Risto and Ekblad together. An interesting take that you'll never get on MSG/Sabre broadcast.

100%.  Bogosian's crazy is needed on this team. He's a big upgrade from Weber and I think that's his long-term role (4-6).  If he gets replaced with Ruhwedel or some other puck-moving modern day skater type I don't think we improve.  Give me 2-3 Pysyks, and 1-2 Bogos.  Risto is our horse and the exception as a true #1.  

Agreed re: Girgs.

Nazem Kadri on Jack Eichel: "He's a good player. I think he has a hard time in his own end, but definitely special with the puck."

Nazem Kadri, who floated by and totally missed his man, Eichel, as he scored to start the third period comeback. 

It's the truth, but that's not why he said it.

Forget Bogo, I want Jack to crush him.

3. The crowd at the Air Canada Centre makes Chet and Muffy seem like a bunch of coke infused Mardi Gras revelers.

OUTSTANDSING! I did notice a lot of kids there which means the suits have had enough and aren't really interested in going.

OUTSTANDSING! I did notice a lot of kids there which means the suits have had enough and aren't really interested in going.

Yeah, that's new...it's been a few years since I've been to ACC but the crowd was pretty tame.

I'd be very surprised if there's any hatred among the players. That's a quaint notion. It's kind of an artificial "rivalry" based on the close proximity of the teams. About all there is to it is Leafs fans coming to Buffalo and chanting, and Buffalo fans booing and sometimes chanting. Islanders-Rangers, Avalanche-Wings, this ain't.

I agreed with this when you wrote it. I'm rethinking my posistion after watching last night's game.

Did Kadri mention anything about getting punched in the face by Jack during one of the scrums? ha-ha

I missed this play last night and I think it merits some discussion:

https://www.nhl.com/video/gionta-uses-his-noggin/t-279100672/c-42284403

Gio has grown on me. What a heady play.

And people wonder why they play soccer in the hallway before the game....

Listening to T O radio the guy after the hockey lunch crowd is excited that this is the rivalry he is looking forward to. Leafs and Sabres. 

Acknowledges we are ahead of them as we are building up not tearing down but sees the fun that lies ahead between us. The guy played the Kadri quote and says he's sure people in Buffalo are peeved hearing that and said it would no different of someone was calling out Reilly or someone there. It was a pretty good listen and they evidently enjoyed the game.

And now he has Darcy Tucker talking about the game. Yes that Darcy Tucker.  

Did anyone else notice the trip by Komarov on Kane in the 2nd period? It wasn't obvious but he definitely kept his skate in Kane path as he was skating backwards at their blue line. Anywho, just thought it was a little cheap.

Edited by Murray's Rats

Listening to T O radio the guy after the hockey lunch crowd is excited that this is the rivalry he is looking forward to. Leafs and Sabres. 

Acknowledges we are ahead of them as we are building up not tearing down but sees the fun that lies ahead between us. The guy played the Kadri quote and says he's sure people in Buffalo are peeved hearing that and said it would no different of someone was calling out Reilly or someone there. It was a pretty good listen and they evidently enjoyed the game.

And now he has Darcy Tucker talking about the game. Yes that Darcy Tucker.  

Based on proximity and the good young pieces on both sides, I could see this being one of the best rivalries in the NHL over the next few years.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.