Evander Kane suspended for missing practice

Hoss

What the hell does all this coke business have to do with anything, anyway? If every NHLer (apparently) is on coke, yet they can show up to practice on time, then coke is irrelevant here.

I think this is actually proof that he doesn't do coke, because as many of us here know, any true coke head would have just stayed up all night, gone to practice, then slept for 23 hours afterward.

Better listen to him.  He's in Pre-Med.

What the hell does all this coke business have to do with anything, anyway? If every NHLer (apparently) is on coke, yet they can show up to practice on time, then coke is irrelevant here.

I think this is actually proof that he doesn't do coke, because as many of us here know, any true coke head would have just stayed up all night, gone to practice, then slept for 23 hours afterward.

Per those who know (see upthread): Cocaine is relevant here because Kane didn't have enough with him when he was in Toronto.

Try to keep up ( :P ). 

Better listen to him.  He's in Pre-Med.

Pre-law.

Of course not. :angel:

What's the alternative? Oh, shoot like Foligno: Into the crest on the goalie's chest every time.

Then again, in the All Star Game and in Sabres Showdown, when they did the accuracy shooting at the targets at each corner, you saw how even the league's best had trouble hitting those targets. At the speed the NHL is played, you're not going to routinely hit the target (the part of the goal where the goalie ain't). So take a lot of shots.

I can't use the multi quote, so I'm selecting this post.

The fact that Kane takes so many shots, is your argument, but it's mine too. I don't have the #fancystats to back this up. I would encourage someone to look it up though. I'd say the majority of his shots are from low percentage areas. He doesn't a good goal per game ratio, in relation to his shots. I'm saying it doesn't help your cause when the goalie knows your going high glove everytime. I've been watching him play since his junior days, he's always been a very skilled player. I'm not saying we should trade him, I'm not saying we should keep him.

What I am saying, is if he wants to compare himself to a 50 goal scorer, he had better be doing some hard work to back it up. I don't mind cocky if your putting the team on your back at the same time. I do think being cocky can be a problem, when you think your better then everyone around you.

Per those who know (see upthread): Cocaine is relevant here because Kane didn't have enough with him when he was in Toronto.

Try to keep up ( :P ). 

Pre-law.

He probably didn't want to risk carrying it through customs, so relied on some contact in Toronto for his supply who probably shorted him, then didn't take any back over the border and went into a coma when he finally got back to his HarborCenter suite most likely.

He probably didn't want to risk carrying it through customs, so relied on some contact in Toronto for his supply who probably shorted him, then didn't take any back over the border and went into a coma when he finally got back to his HarborCenter suite most likely.

Why even use those "probably's?" Even that "most likely" qualifier seems unnecessary.

Please explain how, exactly, this isn't "speculating as to whether TP would continue the Toronto series."

Bills fans shouldn't move the goalposts. Am I being accused of speculating as to whether he would continue the series or, in your words, "speculating that Pegula would continue the Bills' Toronto series."

I don't know if there's an effort to run me off or something, but it's getting ridiculous. Diatribe against Terry? Like when I wrote that Terry didn't want to raise ticket prices and did badly want to end the series? My speculation was that his business advisors would try to convince him otherwise. I offered no speculation as to what he would decide, just the ticket price increase precedent.

Terry could have said at his initial presser that the series would end, then no one would have had to speculate. He didn't, so it was certainly a fair topic.

Jack and I thank you.

Edited by PASabreFan

Bills fans shouldn't move the goalposts. Am I being accused of speculating as to whether he would continue the series or, in your words, "speculating that Pegula would continue the Bills' Toronto series."

I don't know if there's an effort to run me off or something, but it's getting ridiculous. Diatribe against Terry? Like when I wrote that Terry didn't want to raise ticket prices and did badly want to end the series? My speculation was that his business advisors would try to convince him otherwise. I offered no speculation as to what he would decide, just the ticket price increase precedent.

Terry could have said at his initial presser that the series would end, then no one would have had to speculate. He didn't, so it was certainly a fair topic.

Jack and I thank you.

I suppose I'm still a Bills fan, but it's much more of a love-hate (or, really, mildly like - deeply loathe) situation.

In any case, there is certainly no effort to run you off.  You are a highly valued member here.  But if you try to pretend you didn't say what you said, anyone here is entitled to call you on it -- especially when it crosses the line into trolling territory.

I've been window-shopping for your new avatar.  It's going to be something special.

I suppose I'm still a Bills fan, but it's much more of a love-hate (or, really, mildly like - deeply loathe) situation.

In any case, there is certainly no effort to run you off.  You are a highly valued member here.  But if you try to pretend you didn't say what you said, anyone here is entitled to call you on it -- especially when it crosses the line into trolling territory.

I've been window-shopping for your new avatar.  It's going to be something special.

Annnnnnnd it's Gore vs. Bush, it's just a matter of whose skunk eye is going to examine the ballots. Seriously, though, you don't have a leg to stand on. I never speculated that Terry would continue the series.

You of all people should have shared my concern about how Terry's no-brainer desire to end the series could have been turned upside down. Ya know, your pal Russ Brandon.

Just for fun, though, I do want to see the avatar I will never have to use.

Annnnnnnd it's Gore vs. Bush, it's just a matter of whose skunk eye is going to examine the ballots. Seriously, though, you don't have a leg to stand on. I never speculated that Terry would continue the series.

You of all people should have shared my concern about how Terry's no-brainer desire to end the series could have been turned upside down. Ya know, your pal Russ Brandon.

Just for fun, though, I do want to see the avatar I will never have to use.

So that's it?  You're relying on the difference between "speculated that" and "speculated whether?"  So the key isn't "speculated," it's "that" vs "whether?"

How very Clintonian.

I suppose this crucial "distinction" means that you admit that you did "speculate whether" TP would continue the Toronto series -- so at least we've established that (or if not, that another explanation found on the head of a pin will be forthcoming).

And I have no idea what you mean about his desire to end the series being turned upside down.  No one who wasn't trolling entertained for a second the possibility that TP wouldn't end the Toronto abomination.

So that's it?  You're relying on the difference between "speculated that" and "speculated whether?"  So the key isn't "speculated," it's "that" vs "whether?"

How very Clintonian.

I suppose this crucial "distinction" means that you admit that you did "speculate whether" TP would continue the Toronto series -- so at least we've established that (or if not, that another explanation found on the head of a pin will be forthcoming).

And I have no idea what you mean about his desire to end the series being turned upside down.  No one who wasn't trolling entertained for a second the possibility that TP wouldn't end the Toronto abomination.

Yes, I did speculate as to whether he would continue the series, or, more accurately, whether his advisors would convince him to do so. I did not speculate that he would continue the series, which is what the bet is based on. The difference is yuuuuuuuge.

The Sabres have a decision to make about pursuing Stamkos. There I am speculating as to whether they will make him an offer. I am not speculating that they will make an offer.

Yuuuuuuu...

uuuuuuge.

Why would anyone speculate as to Pegula "continuing" the Toronto series when it was "discontinued" when Mr. Wilson was still alive and well before Pegula was known to be a serious player? I don't get it. Was the speculation that Pegula might "resume" the series?

Why would anyone speculate as to Pegula "continuing" the Toronto series when it was "discontinued" when Mr. Wilson was still alive and well before Pegula was known to be a serious player? I don't get it. Was the speculation that Pegula might "resume" the series?

Shush you.

Forget it.

They are both on rolls.

NS, out to get the popcorn.

The 2014 game was postponed in March 2014 so the whole thing could be reevaluated, but the contract wasn't terminated until early December 2014, after Pegula took over.

The 2014 game was postponed in March 2014 so the whole thing could be reevaluated, but the contract wasn't terminated until early December 2014, after Pegula took over.

Thank-you for the clarification. I have a whole new appreciation for the speculation. 

So, wait. I was kinda on the fence about this whole thing, but those posts were you wondering what TP was going to do before the series was terminated?

Not really sure how that could be considered trolling. I guess that's why I'm not a mod.

Jack and I thank you.

FWIW, my initial thought was "you so did bang on about how Terry might start the series back up for the cold hard Loonies". Seeing the posts quoted by nFreeman, I think you have to be cutting it pretty fine to deny it. I'm not trying to run you off or anything, your posts often offer insight (which is more than can be said of mine).

I can't use the multi quote, so I'm selecting this post.

The fact that Kane takes so many shots, is your argument, but it's mine too. I don't have the #fancystats to back this up. I would encourage someone to look it up though. I'd say the majority of his shots are from low percentage areas. He doesn't a good goal per game ratio, in relation to his shots. I'm saying it doesn't help your cause when the goalie knows your going high glove everytime. I've been watching him play since his junior days, he's always been a very skilled player. I'm not saying we should trade him, I'm not saying we should keep him.

What I am saying, is if he wants to compare himself to a 50 goal scorer, he had better be doing some hard work to back it up. I don't mind cocky if your putting the team on your back at the same time. I do think being cocky can be a problem, when you think your better then everyone around you.

His shots may be from low percentage areas but as you will hear all the time. "100% of the shots you don't take, don't go in."  So, I appreciate his willingness to get the pucks to the net rather than circle around for a perfect opportunity that may not come. If you do it right then you have guys crashing the net while he carries the puck and you increase the odds of scoring.  How often do people complain about players who can't get shots through to the net?  At least he can.  I can appreciate why you are saying what you are saying with regards to the 50 goal scorer comparison.  It's nice to have aspirations and targets to work toward.  It's been said of his game that he would benefit from a little more east-west in his style.  I have seen a bit of that lately as well.  Perhaps it comes along, perhaps not.  But I certainly appreciate a guy who will carry the puck straight up the ice and run over anyone standing in his way.

He said speculate.

Not to be confused with speculaas which would be so much sweeter.

FWIW, my initial thought was "you so did bang on about how Terry might start the series back up for the cold hard Loonies". Seeing the posts quoted by nFreeman, I think you have to be cutting it pretty fine to deny it. I'm not trying to run you off or anything, your posts often offer insight (which is more than can be said of mine).

Might? Sure. I didn't deny that. That he would? No way. Taking a slightly bigger view of this, I ask again what is so inflammatory (and troll-like) about posing a question about what Terry was going to do about Toronto? Why such hysteria surrounding anything remotely negative about this owner? The Sabres looked like they were marketing to Southern Ontario Leafs fans. Gibby has to get on the blower with rollers in his hair and face cream on. I might be a little nutty on the subject, but the other extreme of it is pretty out there as well.

Might? Sure. I didn't deny that. That he would? No way. Taking a slightly bigger view of this, I ask again what is so inflammatory (and troll-like) about posing a question about what Terry was going to do about Toronto? Why such hysteria surrounding anything remotely negative about this owner? The Sabres looked like they were marketing to Southern Ontario Leafs fans. Gibby has to get on the blower with rollers in his hair and face cream on. I might be a little nutty on the subject, but the other extreme of it is pretty out there as well.

PA, I don't think you were trolling on that issue, or are a troll in general.

To the bolded, though: Are you going to tell us the irony wasn't intentional?

:angel:  :w00t:

Edited by dudacek

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.