Buffalo Bills 2016

That Aud Smell

Per Schefter

Former Jaguars HC Gus Bradley is planning to follow Anthony Lynn to any HC job he lands, per sources, creating a Lynn-Bradley ticket.

The Lynn - Bradley combo wouldn't be the worst outcome and would be a decent compromise between continuity on what works while attempting to fix what didn't (defense).

Plus I like Gus Bradley and think our personnel should fit well with him save for our abysmal safeties

So, who before this season started expected the Bills to go 1-5 in division? Of the handful of you that raised your hands, how high would anyone have had to be to predict that single win would be a shutout IN Foxboro?

I can't raise my hand to the first question, but I certainly was not surprised by the second.

Manuel proved a lot today.  Mostly, that the Bills should keep Taylor.

Thankfully, the Bills put in Jones in the fourth so that there was at least some entertainment value.  Not for nothing, he was fun to watch as a novelty.

So, who before this season started expected the Bills to go 1-5 in division? Of the handful of you that raised your hands, how high would anyone have had to be to predict that single win would be a shutout IN Foxboro?

Hand raised to part 1. Hand dropped for part 2. The bills were actually a couple of wins better than I predicted this season. Next season, regardless of draft or coaches hired, I'm saying 5-11.

I can't raise my hand to the first question, but I certainly was not surprised by the second.

Manuel proved a lot today.  Mostly, that the Bills should keep Taylor.

Thankfully, the Bills put in Jones in the fourth so that there was at least some entertainment value.  Not for nothing, he was fun to watch as a novelty.

$18MM (or whatever it is TT will get this year) is ~20th in the league, which is about what he is. Keep him & Cardale & draft a guy they like at least 1 round earlier than they have that guy ranked. Keep Taylor as the #1 until 1 of those 2 guys look better. If neither does, try it again the next year.

This running game combined w/ a top 10 D & Clay & Watkins should be good enough to get to the pkayoffs w/ Taylor. After 17 years, that's good enough. Try to get back to the SB after they've actually gotten out of the longest irrelevance streak running.

Oh, and #### Russ Brandon. ;)

$18MM (or whatever it is TT will get this year) is ~20th in the league, which is about what he is. Keep him & Cardale & draft a guy they like at least 1 round earlier than they have that guy ranked. Keep Taylor as the #1 until 1 of those 2 guys look better. If neither does, try it again the next year.

This running game combined w/ a top 10 D & Clay & Watkins should be good enough to get to the pkayoffs w/ Taylor. After 17 years, that's good enough. Try to get back to the SB after they've actually gotten out of the longest irrelevance streak running.

Oh, and #### Russ Brandon. ;)

Yep except for the last sentence.  As is with many, you overestimate Brandon's current role with the Bills. 

EJ Manuel is horrendous!   And I'm sorry -but no one -especially - should be a 'lock' on HC job after that pathetic outing - scoring 10 pts against a terrible Jets team, and 7 of those points complete 'garbage time' work - less than a minute left in the 4th down 27 pts.   One outing doesn't prove Lynn is terrible either - but there isn't enough data either to just anoint him as HC without an exhaustive search. 

Lynn strikes me as a "company" type -  he didn't  have an issue with the starting QB decision made for him.  

Could you imagine Bill Belichick being told by the front office who would be starting in the pocket on the next Sunday game?  He'd go absolutely ballistic - any GOOD big name HC worth his salt would/should!  But the fact Lynn meekly accepted the marching orders from Brandon's front office demonstrates to me he's not the right kind of 'managerial timber' to right the sinking Bills ship.   The Bills need a coach (and a GM) with a sense of purpose and self-worth - not just working to curry favor with Russ Brandon and the Pegulas (who are clueless). 

Needs remain the same as the past several years. Get rid of Brandon. Get rid of Whaley.   Get a quality franchise QB and a quality HC.  

Edited by Jsixspd

The Bills expected much better?  Hah!  If you're 6'1" and under you don't belong under center.  Sorry, Tyrod, time for bench duties or off to the CFL.  Clown!  The fact that the buffoon with the GM hat on still has a job, is comical.  He should have been fired at the EXACT same time as Rex.

Edited by TheCerebral1

The Bills expected much better?  Hah!  If you're 6'1" and under you don't belong under center.  Sorry, Tyrod, time for bench duties or off to the CFL.  Clown!  The fact that the buffoon with the GM hat on still has a job, is comical.  He should have been fired at the EXACT same time as Rex.

Yeah, Drew Brees, you don't belong under center!  And you, Russell Wilson, get out of here!  Who do you two think you are, Super Bowl-winning QBs or something?

Yep except for the last sentence.  As is with many, you overestimate Brandon's current role with the Bills.

Couldn't care less about his role @ 1BD. Much concern for over at 1SKP. Never saw the visitor's bench doors not close right before maintenance started reporting to him. Plus he buys cheap sticks. :p

Less facetiously, the issue w/ keeping him on is that he was an integral part of the ridiculously long playoff drought (he was officially the friggin' GM for about 2 years & then was all aboard bringing a very old Levy back above his expertise level) & suppposedly he was an integral part ofbthe Ryan hire.

No doubt he's extremely good at getting fools (aka the Buffalo faithful, yours truly included) & their money parted; but he's obviously completely out of his wheelhouse when it comes to the steak rather than the sizzle. Unfortunately due to past roles & his current titles, can't see anyway he doesn't merit the title (per PA's definition) of meddler.

Couldn't stand LQ either.

Did anyone of you expected something of this game, I'm drunk as hell right now, after working 5 days straight.

Its the 1st of January 2017, these guys had a hell of a party with the jets probably and mailed this one in.

Didn't matter, nobody was going to lose something, maybe get injured.   

Say bye bye to TT, you don't need a QB that will show up in the final 5 games in the season.

Yep except for the last sentence. As is with many, you overestimate Brandon's current role with the Bills.

It's a lot of inference and a fair amount of surmise, obviously, but, based on what's known and what's been reported, I am comfortable with the take that Brandon is part of the problem, and likely a key part of the problem.

Not for nothing, the reports today were that Brandon will not be involved in the HC hiring process and is otherwise being removed from football operations.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.