Buffalo Bills 2016

That Aud Smell

Yes indeed -- and I think it's worth noting again that TT led, going into the Jets game (in which he didn't play), the #7 scoring offense and #6 TD-scoring offense in the NFL -- and did so without Watkins and during a season in which (i) the OC got fired and (ii) there was a full-blown Bills clown show/power struggle/soap opera roaring along.

Give TT a good, big WR opposite Watkins who presents a big target and a home run threat, and a healthy Watkins, and some continuity and stability behind the scenes, and a respectable D, and a professional coach, and the streak will be over.

Amen!

My youngest kid did a fantasy team this year (fun for him - exhausting for me), and, as a result, became familiar with players from all over the league. He remarked to me over the weekend that the Bills need to keep Tyrod, and draft someone like Michael Thomas ("he was a ROOKIE this year!" the kid exclaimed). I can't argue with that reasoning.

Polian on air, discussing why owners may be great at making money and being successful, but bad at being owners

Wishing I could generate a photo-shopped screen cap of a hologram Kim Pegula imploring William Polian (almost SOUNDS like Obi Wan (sp?), yeah?) for help, as our only hope. I'm not sure what Mrs. Pegula would be passing along (via something standing in for a droid) a la the plans for the death star.

I wanted to leave it bimbo because that's how I really feel. But I felt people on the board couldn't handle it so I had made a more moderate phrase. But you did your "gotcha" so here it is: IMO Kim Petula is a bimbo. Bimbo. Bimbo. Bimbo. There I said it. I mean it and I don't give a crap what you or anyone else thinks bc IMO it's close to the truth.

Wow! I bit my typing finger earlier, but aren't you the poster who couldn't even bear to read discussion about an offensive slur word?

And here you are repeating one multiple times directly at a specific person?

For the record, I am not calling for moderator action, nor an apology. I prefer a forum where people reveal themselves through their actions. I find this quote well over the line and I hope I am not the only one to feel this way.

Edited by dudacek

Wow! I bit my typing finger earlier, but aren't you the poster who couldn't even bear to read discussion about an offensive slur word?

For the record, I am not calling for moderator action, nor an apology. I prefer a forum where people reveal themselves through their actions. I find this quote well over the line and I hope I am not the only one to feel this way.

:thumbsup:

That line had been crossed with that unedited post, IMO. 

So basically.... they read Bucky?

This conclusion can't be reached independently?

---

In the "It could be worse department" my Browns fan friend emailed me this. He wrote it.

It used to be normal for head coach to report to GM and not to owner. But some owners have screwed around with management structure and reporting lines, with varying degrees of success (see Belischlizer the HC having a GM in NE but that GM being neutered and Belischlizer having all the power and reporting directly to the owner). So in the last 15 years or so, other owners have begun experimenting with new structures. “Varying degrees of success” would imply there is another end of the spectrum, opposite from Belischlizer/NE’s ridiculous/ridonkulous/Gronkulous success. I submit, as Exhibit A, the Cleveland Clowns as the embodiment of the other end of the spectrum:  

Browns former owners Ralph Lerner (1999-2002) and his son Randy Lerner (2002-2012) tried:

·         President (Carmen Policy) having power over GM (Dwight Clark) and HC (Chris Palmer), who were equal to each other in power and each adhered to Policy.

·         HC (Butch Davis) reporting directly to owner and having power over GM (Pete Garcia).

·         GM (Phil Savage) reporting directly to owner and having power over HC (Romeo Crennel).

·         HC (Crennel) reporting directly to owner and having a neutered GM (George Kokinis) who reported to HC.

·         GM/HC being the same dude (Eric Mangini) after firing GM Kokinis for having fallen asleep at his desk.

·         President (Mike Holmgren) who reported to owner and had power over GM (can’t even remember who they were) and HC (Pat Shurmur after Holmgren fired Mangini for being too defensive minded).

·         Selling the whole mothering franchise to Jimmy Haslam, and letting him try to figure this out. (That’s what Randy did in 2012, after his dad Ralph just gave up and died in 2002 because the was going so badly.)

Browns current owner Jimmy Haslam, who bought the team from the Lerner Family Trust in October 2012, has tried:

·         Replacing Holmgren with Joe Banner as CEO and Alec Sheiner as President (supposedly for business matters only and no football stuff), but forcing Banner to accept Belischlizer acolyte Mike Lombardi as GM, and oh by the way hiring Rob Chudzinski as HC without giving Banner or Lombardi much input into that hiring decision.

·         Firing Chud as HC after one season (2013), then forcing Banner to fire Lombardi as GM, hire Mike Pettine as HC, and elevate assistant GM Ray Farmer (whom Haslam hired without Banner’s input) to GM, then firing Banner a month later and forcing Pettine and Farmer, who hardly knew each other and neither of whom had had any input into the hiring of the other or any knowledge of the team-building philosophy of the other, into a shotgun marriage in which they each reported separately to the owner but with Farmer having “ultimate say” over the roster, but then forcing Famer to draft Johnny Manziel after an analytics study that Banner had commissioned had red-flagged Manziel as a disaster and highlighted Teddy Bridgewater as the best QB in the 2014 draft, and with Pettine supposedly wanting to draft Jimmy Garropolo rather than either Bridgewater or Manziel; then allowing Sheiner to watch game film with Farmer and Pettine and force some input into personnel decisions that way; then seeing Farmer get fined and suspended for texting personnel suggestions to the coaching staff during games.

·         Firing Farmer and Pettine, and letting Sheiner walk, after two seasons (2014 and 2015), and elevating salary cap lawyer Sashi Brown to Executive VP for Football Operations, giving him ultimate say over the roster; then insisting that Brown hire baseball moneyball (analytics) guru Paul DePodesta as Chief Strategy Officer and 28-year-old personnel peasant Andrew Berry as VP for Player Personnel; then having a committee composed of Haslam, his wife Dee, Brown, and DePodesta conduct a search for HC, which concluded with the hiring of Hue Jackson. Brown and Jackson each report directly to Haslam/Haslam, but Brown has ultimate say over the roster. Supposedly, Brown was elevated for his ability to get people to work together, and DePodesta was hired mainly to force better/smarter/more analytics-driven decision-making processes. The team of Haslam, Haslam, Brown, Jackson, DePodesta, and Berry is “the management” of the current Browns. They’re 1-15 to date.

Top that, Ralph Wilson/Terry Pegula!

I wanted to leave it bimbo because that's how I really feel. But I felt people on the board couldn't handle it so I had made a more moderate phrase. But you did your "gotcha" so here it is: IMO Kim Petula is a bimbo. Bimbo. Bimbo. Bimbo. There I said it. I mean it and I don't give a crap what you or anyone else thinks bc IMO it's close to the truth.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion. I must stand up for a fellow Fairport Alum. Abandoned at age 5 in Korea by her parents and shipped off to a foreign country for adoption has made far worse adults. She isn't exactly Anna Nicole Smith. She's well spoken and thoughtful. I just don't arrive at bimbo when thinking of what I know about her.

You are an ass hole so probably should ignore your stupid post but why don't you tell us why you know so much about this.......someone in your family a bimbo maybe?

You're right in a way. It depends on the word. I think the word bimbo is light as opposed to any racial slur. We can discuss the comparison of the two when 6 million bimbos are killed.

I'm not sure. When Rick's pillow was pilfered, he claimed, on air, that either "bimbo or bozo" had done the dirty deed. This was at a time, I am told that people are telling me, that Terry still had Sabres season tickets. Might Kim have joined him on this particular fateful evening? What's that, Jim? The game was in Ottawa? Never mind.

You are an ass hole so probably should ignore your stupid post but why don't you tell us why you know so much about this.......someone in your family a bimbo maybe?

OK -- time to take it down a notch.

Marvelo -- for your part, if you're going to throw around an offensive term, you should introduce some facts to back it up.

You're right in a way. It depends on the word. I think the word bimbo is light as opposed to any racial slur. We can discuss the comparison of the two when 6 million bimbos are killed.

And what kind of behaviour and words were tolerated on the slippery slope that led to those 6 million deaths?

Brushed up on your Niemoller lately?

https://www.ushmm.org/wlc/en/article.php?ModuleId=10007391

OK -- time to take it down a notch.

Marvelo -- for your part, if you're going to throw around an offensive term, you should introduce some facts to back it up.

I don't think there is any way you interpret "bimbo" other than a derogatory term used to put an woman in her place when she attempts to act "above her station," as defined by a superior male. It's an utterly bigoted, chauvinist phrase that serves no other purpose than devalue a woman and her contribution.

I shouldn't have to speak up about the atrocities committed against women over the years because of culturally accepted misogyny.

Justifying its use by referencing the Holocaust? Really?

Edited by dudacek

In case you missed it, today (Jan 3) is the 24th anniversary of The Comeback.  Enjoy.

....who led The Comeback!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the Bills game blacked out in Buffalo?  If so, glad I wasn't living there when it down.  The Comeback was epic.  Can actually say I saw it. Heard the number of people that say they watched it continues to grow. 

It's all over! It's over! For Houston.... 

- Chris Berman after a pick 6 by the Oilers near the beginning of the 2nd half. Made the score 35-3.  Laughed a lot when he said that during the highlights. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the Bills game blacked out in Buffalo?  If so, glad I wasn't living there when it down.  The Comeback was epic.  Can actually say I saw it. Heard the number of people that say they watched it continues to grow. 

- Chris Berman after a pick 6 by the Oilers near the beginning of the 2nd half. Made the score 35-3.  Laughed a lot when he said that during the highlights. 

It was. My dad and I were in the basement workshop doing something or other and listening to the game. We started just staring at each other from time to time as the second half progressed.

Edited by MattPie

In case you missed it, today (Jan 3) is the 24th anniversary of The Comeback.  Enjoy.

....who led The Comeback!

That was the Comeback of the Century.  Now, the Bills are just hoping that Whaley can "comeback" from his self-inflicted public relations disaster during the presser, and nearly complete loss of credibility as an actual real GM.  

Many questions and criticisms abound in the national media about the "style" and ownership acumen of the Pegulas - but there's no question that Doug Whaley's worst enemy is Doug Whaley.   

Maybe. That was back when Rich Stadium capacity was a LOT higher  80k+ as I recall - even a "Marketing Genius" like Brandon would have trouble selling that place out. lol   Too many games were blacked out as result.  

At the time, I received Syracuse TV, not Rochester or Buffalo, so I could watch or tape any game I wanted.  

Edited by Jsixspd

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.