Buffalo Bills 2016

That Aud Smell

Guy on WGR from Profootball focus says the Bills would be foolish to walk away from Tyrod

Given that 1) the QB is the hardest position to fill, 2) the money for picking up the option is only average QB money, and 3) the startling lack of depth currently on the roster at the position; I don't know how you can come to any other conclusion other than pay the man. 

I don't even think he is that good, but we can't go into next year with Cardale Jones or the #10 overall pick rookie as the starter, and picking up Romo or whomever would cost just as much if not more with same but different output.

Guy on WGR from Profootball focus says the Bills would be foolish to walk away from Tyrod

From purely football perspective, he's right. The chances we can legitimately upgrade the position are slim (though I don't think getting better value is nearly as unlikely). It's the term on the contract that sucks.

That said, if we can't swing a trade for Romo, I'm honestly leaning towards picking up the option even if he won't renegotiate. Still take a QB early, and if he beats out Tyrod in a year, I think Tyrod can be traded. This wasn't my initial position, but if they're not going to blow it up, they might as well keep trying to win now until they find the long term answer. If, in two years, it's still only Tyrod and we're still average overall, clean house at that point.

I think the playoff streak ends next year. 

From purely football perspective, he's right. The chances we can legitimately upgrade the position are slim (though I don't think getting better value is nearly as unlikely). It's the term on the contract that sucks.

That said, if we can't swing a trade for Romo, I'm honestly leaning towards picking up the option even if he won't renegotiate. Still take a QB early, and if he beats out Tyrod in a year, I think Tyrod can be traded. This wasn't my initial position, but if they're not going to blow it up, they might as well keep trying to win now until they find the long term answer. If, in two years, it's still only Tyrod and we're still average overall, clean house at that point.

I h8 Tyrod, and I'd like to pick up his option at this point. I don't really know anything about football or what I'm talking about, though.

I think the playoff streak ends next year.

I h8 Tyrod, and I'd like to pick up his option at this point. I don't really know anything about football or what I'm talking about, though.

Yea, I can't say I'm excited about it...but I'm cooling on the notion of treating this as an either/or proposition...and I'm not entirely sure why I ever did. Keeping Tyrod as the floor on QB play AND trying (legitimately trying, not Cardale trying) to get better at the same time seems like the smartest play.

Yea, I can't say I'm excited about it...but I'm cooling on the notion of treating this as an either/or proposition...and I'm not entirely sure why I ever did. Keeping Tyrod as the floor on QB play AND trying (legitimately trying, not Cardale trying) to get better at the same time seems like the smartest play.

If they can somehow get Romo, I think I'd lean towards letting Tyrod go...but would they have to decide on Tyrod before being able to get Romo? Again I don't know how any of this works haha

Oh and is Kirk Cousins any good? I remember he seemed really overrated/unproven, then he seemed good, but now it seems like he's pretty bad again

If they can somehow get Romo, I think I'd lean towards letting Tyrod go...but would they have to decide on Tyrod before being able to get Romo? Again I don't know how any of this works haha

Oh and is Kirk Cousins any good? I remember he seemed really overrated/unproven, then he seemed good, but now it seems like he's pretty bad again

I think Romo can be traded whenever the season ends, it's just a matter of financials with the teams involved (I don't know if he has any payable roster bonuses coming, when they are if so, and how that cap charge moves if a trade happens) . I suspect that when Dallas is eliminated, the Romo sweeps will begin in earnest.

As to Cousins, he's the type of QB that you and people like Jeremy White would much rather have because he throws the ball a ton, but I don't think there's a good statistical case that he's much of an upgrade at all. He'll have more 300 yard games and will throw to the whole field, but his accuracy comes and goes and he enjoys throwing to the other team. I'd also guess his price tag will come in noticeably higher if he hits the open market.

He'll have more 300 yard games and will throw to the whole field, but his accuracy comes and goes and he enjoys throwing to the other team. I'd also guess his price tag will come in noticeably higher if he hits the open market.

Setting aside price, does a QB like the one described above give the Bills a better chance of winning 10 games next season? I feel like, on balance, I'd rather have a QB who can go for those 325/2/1 lines (yds/tds/ints) and uses the whole field in favour of the QB who more typically goes for 185/1/0 (with the odd rushing TD sprinkled in).

Setting aside price, does a QB like the one described above give the Bills a better chance of winning 10 games next season? I feel like, on balance, I'd rather have a QB who can go for those 325/2/1 lines (yds/tds/ints) and uses the whole field in favour of the QB who more typically goes for 185/1/0 (with the odd rushing TD sprinkled in).

I think there's an argument to be made, particularly with a poor defense. But I'm of the mind it's closer to spinning your tires than true forward progress.

I think there's an argument to be made, particularly with a poor defense. But I'm of the mind it's closer to spinning your tires than true forward progress.

Hmm.

You have me thinking now. The plans on the offencive-side of the ball have, more or less, come together the past two seasons. It's the defence that screwed up the best laid plans.

The Boston perspective on the Bills' legendary dysfunction  - if anyone cares.   :)  They love it because it helps ensure more years of absolute Patriots dominance over the once mighty Buffalo Bills. 

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2017/01/03/terry-pegula-denies-obvious-dysfunction-existing-within-bills-organization/

Edited by Jsixspd

Nice correction. I think you should have left it as "bimbo". It's far more representative of your opinion so far. 

I wanted to leave it bimbo because that's how I really feel. But I felt people on the board couldn't handle it so I had made a more moderate phrase. But you did your "gotcha" so here it is: IMO Kim Petula is a bimbo. Bimbo. Bimbo. Bimbo. There I said it. I mean it and I don't give a crap what you or anyone else thinks bc IMO it's close to the truth.

Hmm.

You have me thinking now. The plans on the offencive-side of the ball have, more or less, come together the past two seasons. It's the defence that screwed up the best laid plans.

Yes indeed -- and I think it's worth noting again that TT led, going into the Jets game (in which he didn't play), the #7 scoring offense and #6 TD-scoring offense in the NFL -- and did so without Watkins and during a season in which (i) the OC got fired and (ii) there was a full-blown Bills clown show/power struggle/soap opera roaring along.

Give TT a good, big WR opposite Watkins who presents a big target and a home run threat, and a healthy Watkins, and some continuity and stability behind the scenes, and a respectable D, and a professional coach, and the streak will be over.

I wanted to leave it bimbo because that's how I really feel. But I felt people on the board couldn't handle it so I had made a more moderate phrase. But you did your "gotcha" so here it is: IMO Kim Petula is a bimbo. Bimbo. Bimbo. Bimbo. There I said it. I mean it and I don't give a crap what you or anyone else thinks bc IMO it's close to the truth.

What is this based on?  Because she married a wealthy man?

Yes indeed -- and I think it's worth noting again that TT led, going into the Jets game (in which he didn't play), the #7 scoring offense and #6 TD-scoring offense in the NFL -- and did so without Watkins and during a season in which (i) the OC got fired and (ii) there was a full-blown Bills clown show/power struggle/soap opera roaring along.

Give TT a good, big WR opposite Watkins who presents a big target and a home run threat, and a healthy Watkins, and some continuity and stability behind the scenes, and a respectable D, and a professional coach, and the streak will be over.

What is this based on?  Because she married a wealthy man?

Yes and she's much younger as I said before.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.