Buffalo Bills 2016

That Aud Smell

Anthony Lynn mentioned he was not in the room when the decision to start EJ was made.

Well, it's not really his choice anyway. The GM is his boss, and Tyrod sits because the GM wants him to sit for the benefit of the team. I don't see much issue there. It's not like we're fighting to make the playoffs. 

The most amazing thing about the Bills firing Rex and management benching Tyrod is how I'm not amazed they trotted the interim HC out to answer all the questions. Perfectly representative of the ham-handed media relationship the team has had under Brandon. I'm totally on board with those who think this is a checkmark against the team for prospective coaches.

"How is Whaley part of this organization?  <insert one [admittedly big, and I didn't even like it when it happened] mistake>"

Outside of the Watkins trade, Whaley has done a good job, IMO.

BRAWNDO covered it, but Whaley neglected QB and went all-in on a WR.  That's incredibly stupid by itself.  The fact that it wasn't even the best WR of that class, and maybe only the 3rd best of round 1 makes it about 100x worse.  Making a bold move for a WR (not even the right WR) when we still don't have a QB is reason enough to fire him.  OTOH, all my friends in Dallas are pretty happy that the Bills like Dak Prescott but didn't want to prioritize QB (ever).

And that's *before* the tragedy of a press conference we saw today where they sent Lynn out to explain what Brandon/Whaley are doing.  Best of luck to Lynn, and hopefully he can find a better organization to work for next year.

The most amazing thing about the Bills firing Rex and management benching Tyrod is how I'm not amazed they trotted the interim HC out to answer all the questions. Perfectly representative of the ham-handed media relationship the team has had under Brandon. I'm totally on board with those who think this is a checkmark against the team for prospective coaches.

I can agree with this.

Anyone who still believes that Russ Brandon isn't a major part of the Bills' problems (& now also the Sabres' problems) is simply not paying attention. PLEASE let the Pegulas see this. Yes, he makes them money but for the last 17 years w/ this team & now, what, 2 years w/ the Sabres exactly ONE winning season & that was a single W going L away from being 0.500 or under as well. Other marketers can make them money; this guy's role is too great to let them get to the top.

Hoping that the Sabres' hockey dept really is only TM & owners calling the shots because Russ brings nothing of value to the on-ice product. He clearly brings no value to the Bills' on field product.

It's the holidays and I'm in reruns?

Thanks, but all that seems neither here nor there. Terry and Kim are free to think of the Bills that way, and nothing about that style of ownership would necessarily hurt the franchise on the field or off. What would Goodell and the other owners say? "How dare you not meddle!?"?

I'm in late winter slumber mode. Don't follow.

Veteran NFL reporter calls Bills management situation a "dumpster fire."

https://twitter.com/nickveronica/status/814196565711654912

I'm at a point where I'm genuinely concerned about the Pegulas. They are at sea, with only the sycophantic ticket-pusher Brandon to guide them.

Anyone remember the story about how Brandon tipped off Rex before the interview that Terry Pegula loves red wine?

The fook was Brandon doing there? Trying to be all things to all people -- brokering a deal? They have to get rid of that tool. They needs must.

I'm in late winter slumber mode. Don't follow.

It's OK. Sleep well. A heroic run to ninth place is coming. It will be tiring.

Anyone who still believes that Russ Brandon isn't a major part of the Bills' problems (& now also the Sabres' problems) is simply not paying attention. PLEASE let the Pegulas see this. Yes, he makes them money but for the last 17 years w/ this team & now, what, 2 years w/ the Sabres exactly ONE winning season & that was a single W going L away from being 0.500 or under as well. Other marketers can make them money; this guy's role is too great to let them get to the top.

Hoping that the Sabres' hockey dept really is only TM & owners calling the shots because Russ brings nothing of value to the on-ice product. He clearly brings no value to the Bills' on field product.

Just how many hats does Russ wear? It's almost inhuman. President of Bills, Sabres, Amerks and PSE.

Well, it's not really his choice anyway. The GM is his boss, and Tyrod sits because the GM wants him to sit for the benefit of the team. I don't see much issue there. It's not like we're fighting to make the playoffs. 

The COACH should still be the one making the ultimate decision and relaying said decision to the team.  Hey, if Whaley thought it a good idea to bench Taylor (hopefully to save him to trade)   he should have at least discussed it with Lynn and asked for his opinion?  And requested, behind close doors, that Lynn endorse that plan.  Rather than making the HC look foolish by having roster decisions made without his input.

It just appears very unseemly to handle it this way.   

And we're ASSUMING it was Whaley who made the decision - for all we know it could have been Russ Dumbdon or Kim Pegula and Whaley was told to sit Taylor.

This team is a totally mismanaged disaster.  

Veteran NFL reporter calls Bills management situation a "dumpster fire."

https://twitter.com/nickveronica/status/814196565711654912

I'm at a point where I'm genuinely concerned about the Pegulas. They are at sea, with only the sycophantic ticket-pusher Brandon to guide them.

Anyone remember the story about how Brandon tipped off Rex before the interview that Terry Pegula loves red wine?

The fook was Brandon doing there? Trying to be all things to all people -- brokering a deal? They have to get rid of that tool. They needs must.

That ESPN reporter Jim Trotter also reported that this Sunday's game was a "one game audition" for the job when the Bills said no such thing.

I gotta stop listening to sports talk. All the maroons are coming out suggesting Bill Cowher (will this ever die) or better yet they get the band back together (Jim, Thurman, Darryl, etc.) And get their opinions.

I don't have enough negative descriptors in my vocabulary to fully detail how terrible these ideas are.

That ESPN reporter Jim Trotter also reported that this Sunday's game was a "one game audition" for the job when the Bills said no such thing.

So are you discrediting the reporter, Russia Brandon or the Pegulas?

Letting Anthony Lynn twist in the wind in that news conference was as bush league as I've seen.

The worst. The worst.

I blame Brandon. That has spineless sh1thead written all over it.

I have faith in Kim Pegula here. I think she has the chops to figure this out. Pray that she does.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.