Buffalo Bills 2016

That Aud Smell

The Bills are a shoddy organization, period. This has been proven time and again. Always have been, always will be. They have a crumbling stadium that was built on top of an Indian burial ground. The poor constituency cannot afford to fund a multi billion dollar fiasco for the total of 8 games a year for a failing game. I think Buffalo should bail on the Bills.

marveloso

Cut and pasted from a posting on Rotoworld:

Tyrod Taylor will meet with a doctor in Philadelphia to determine if he needs hernia surgery.

The Buffalo News reported earlier Thursday that Taylor has been dealing with a "severe groin injury" for the better part of a month. The Bills' plan was to sit Taylor this week so he wouldn't get hurt, but it's already too late. Taylor's contract calls for a guaranteed $30.75 million if he can't pass a physical by the start of the new league year. A hernia operation will have him borderline. It's a potential worst-case scenario for the Bills, who have shown Taylor they don't believe in him. E.J. Manuel has already been tabbed as the Bills' starter for Week 17.

Also, can anyone remind me why the Bills area moving on from a QB who is a decent NFL quarterback and whose cap hit for the next two years would be in-line with a decent starting NFL QB?

I don't think they were planning to move on. I think they wanted to play hardball to get him to re-negotiate his contract. 

Cut and pasted from a posting on Rotoworld:

Tyrod Taylor will meet with a doctor in Philadelphia to determine if he needs hernia surgery.

The Buffalo News reported earlier Thursday that Taylor has been dealing with a "severe groin injury" for the better part of a month. The Bills' plan was to sit Taylor this week so he wouldn't get hurt, but it's already too late. Taylor's contract calls for a guaranteed $30.75 million if he can't pass a physical by the start of the new league year. A hernia operation will have him borderline. It's a potential worst-case scenario for the Bills, who have shown Taylor they don't believe in him. E.J. Manuel has already been tabbed as the Bills' starter for Week 17.

Something don't smell right here ... 

If Taylor had a groin injury the last month, why would the Bills play him at all given the risk of worsening the injury and having to pay him the $30.75 mil in March if he was not recovered by then ? Sure didn't look like he was running with any distress the last 3-4 weeks.

Edited by gramps

If Taylor had a groin injury the last month, why would the Bills play him at all given the risk of worsening the injury and having to pay him the $30.75 mil in March if he was not recovered by then ? Sure didn't look like he was running with any distress the last 3-4 weeks.

Because Rex was coaching for his job and was still delusional enough to think this team had a chance at the playoffs.

I don't think they were planning to move on. I think they wanted to play hardball to get him to re-negotiate his contract. 

If that were the case, then that FO would be more lost than I could have imagined. Why on earth would Taylor renegotiate? If he were to become a FA, he immediately becomes the most sought-after asset out there. I won't say that he'd readily eclipse that $30M in guaranteed money elsewhere, but I would be willing to bet he would.

Seems like Taylor's agent played chess, and the Bills FO straight played checkers.

Edited by That Aud Smell

If that were the case, then that FO would be more lost than I could have imagined. Why on earth would Taylor renegotiate? If he were to become a FA, he immediately becomes the most sought-after asset out there. I won't say that he'd readily eclipse that $30M in guaranteed money elsewhere, but I would be willing to bet he would.

Seems like Taylor's agent played chess, and the Bills FO straight played checkers.

Hey, I'm not gonna say our FO is smart. I already said I wanted Whaley gone.  :lol:

Also, can anyone remind me why the Bills area moving on from a QB who is a decent NFL quarterback and whose cap hit for the next two years would be in-line with a decent starting NFL QB?

For me, it's two things.

1) I think there's been a market failure with QB contracts because of the emphasis on the position. I don't think the average tier brings the value to the team of the cap hit relative to what a replacement can bring. QBs are so important and the bad ones so bad, that teams are willing to overpay for the average ones. Tyrod's contract is market value, I just think the market is hopelessly borked.

2) The fact it's a 2-3 year commitment (three if you think $10 million in dead cap is onerous). Tyrod's play dipped this season. Was it the injuries, did he play above his talent last year, or did the league catch up to him? I'm not sure, but I'm pretty confident I don't want to commit to several years if there's a real chance it's B or C.

He did look promising the last two games.

Yea well. I'm not going to be mad if we pick up the option, I think there are some good reasons to do it, I just wouldn't personally do it without a restructure that gives us more flexibility the next few years.

You and Randall, however...the board may have to collectively help you through watching Tyrod for two more seasons :lol:

Yea well. I'm not going to be mad if we pick up the option, I think there are some good reasons to do it, I just wouldn't personally do it without a restructure that gives us more flexibility the next few years.

You and Randall, however...the board may have to collectively help you through watching Tyrod for two more seasons :lol:

Hahah yeah I might lose it if we had too. Some games, like the last two, he looks amazing. But most of the time he looks like a college QB, and I hate him

I am usually a little late in seeing things, but I have not seen this posted here -- maybe I missed it. Regardless, it is too good to risk not sharing.

Buffalo Bills scout gives an inside look at their front office

https://t.co/0huAhAkfcZ

Youtube is blocked on my work computer, but is it a clip of Benny Hill? Please tell me it's just a clip of Benny Hill.

Edited by Drunkard

Hahaha :lol:

LOL!!!

What makes it even more humorous - at first when it was announced Taylor was benched I thought it was a wise and prudent strategy (for a change) on the part of Whaley and the management - prevent a $30 million injury clause payment, and keep him intact to add to his trade value.

Well, now it's apparently yet another instance of the Bills closing the barn door after the proverbial horse got out.  IF they knew Taylor was injured weeks ago, they should have benched his ass to minimize the injury and prevent a potential $30 million dollar expense for an average QB.   Rex Ryan saving his job shouldn't be a factor -  Ryan sucks, and his hire was a colossal miscue in the first place!

Now it looks like a good chance they're probably on the hook for $30 million - for what?  Tyrod Taylor?  lol

So once again Bills management/ownership acted too slowly, and ineptly. So the situation morphed from funny, to EXTREMELY funny!!!!     :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Edited by Jsixspd

And in the newest indication that the Bills are likely moving on from Tyrod, the team released a 2016 "highlight" video that does not show Tyrod at all in it.  They then get roasted by their fans on twitter.  This organization is so hapless.  It's a wonder anyone wastes time on them anymore.  The tone deafness of the marketing departments of both of Buffalo's "professional" teams is utterly astounding.  Time for another title and promotion for Russ!

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/look-bills-create-highlight-video-with-no-tyrod-taylor-fans-go-nuts-on-twitter/

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.