First Niagara Center to be renamed?

Hoss

So the news has been rumored for a few days now and was finally announced:

Key Bank just bought First Niagara. This almost assuredly means they'll rename all branches Key Bank... So are we about to be buying tickets to Key Bank Arena?

https://www.key.com/about/articles/keybank-first-niagara-agreement-103015.jsp?ppc=Q4_prFN_tw

When do the naming rights end? I like d4rk's idea, to name it after the Knoxes at that point a la Ralph Wilson Stadium. Then it would be Fort Knox. I'm sure Terry's bean counters would love that idea. /pangloss

This is everything I want.

Run with it.

Fort Knox, where the Pegulas keep their blue and gold.

Yessssssss.

With the Bills having a relationship with M&T in large part to Russ Brandon one would have to believe the Pegulas could go all in and have them as Sabres Primary Sponsor as well.

This was one of my thoughts, too. M&T Arena? M&T Center? M&T Knox Arena/Center/Place? M&T SDS Center?

Edited by Hoss

With the Bills having a relationship with M&T in large part to Russ Brandon one would have to believe the Pegulas could go all in and have them as Sabres Primary Sponsor as well.

Would be very ironic as M&T pulling out of providing the financing for building that rink could have scuttled it.

Both M&T and Wells Fargo are Buffalo banks. M&T was started to try and get manufacturing going in Buffalo in late 1850's and Fargo was the Mayor of Buffalo during the Civil War 

American Express was a Wells Fargo-inspired transit service between NYC and Buffalo.  Shipments were in a blue box, which is still the AmEx logo today.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.