Evander Kane out 4-6 weeks

Hoss

Even Mrs. Racer ain't kickin Tay Tay out of bed for eating crackers, red lipstick or not.

She's young thin and blond. Pretty much every guy is lining up for that. Musically? Sheesh. She writes a song to dismiss the critics of her lack of "soul" only to write the most soulless song ever created. No me gusta.

Des is what he is. Let's not get any notions that he'll ever be a 2nd liner, or even a mainstay on the 3rd

Agreed. I like Des but come on. Dude is a career 3rd liner at best. And there's nothing wrong with that.

Yeah, you're probably right.  I hope he acquits himself well up there though.  Part of the team development is getting the depth to cover our top injury prone players when they miss a few weeks here and there.  It'd be nice to be able to not miss a beat when Kane or Bogo get banged up.

I just wonder if Eichel will step up more now since a solid player is out of the lineup. This should be interesting to see how he responds.

Good question.  I can't say he hasn't been trying.  My sense, especially since they broke Kane and Eichel up, is that DD has told Eichel to just create on offense, not to worry too much about the Ws and Ls yet.  So far that mostly means trying to do it all, just to see what he can get away with at this level.  I think he will eventually to learn to use his teammates to the greatest advantage.  (I'm not saying he's playing selfish, but I think he's just seeing what he can do.)  But having a top player absent for a bit may get him thinking differently.  I'm looking forward to it.

You all leave Tay alone.

She's a glossy, highly produced, carefully considered pop star, folks. Within those parameters, she's just about the best that can be expected. Maybe better than that, actually.

I say that as a recovered music snob who's been to see Ms Swift in concert 4 times (Fearless, Speak Now, Red, 1989) with the kids.

Her shows are more akin to a Broadway show than a rock concert. But there's no doubting her talent. Or her ambition. Or her business instincts.

Finally, her most recent album had two songs that were direct nods to Kate Bush. Which appealed at least a bit to my inner music snob. Worthy homages. You go, Tay Tay.

Edited by That Aud Smell

I like the song shake it off. That's about it. All of her slow sappy songs go nowhere for me.

I like Nic Des on the top lone because I think Hot Daniel is trying to create more havoc in the crease. Our skill forwards haven't been doing a great job, so put in Nic (who I believe thinks the game well) to bowl over some bodies and show 'em how it's done.

Watched the Kings/Oilers game last night. Didn't realize the Kings, one of the best teams in the league, had 3 former Sabres on D. Add Sekera from the Oilers and it was interesting.

Last year they had 4 (sekera, mcbain, regehr and mcnabb), and they have Enroth now as well.   Living here in socal, I'd argue they're no longer one of the best teams in the league, I'd put them in the middle of the pack, they didn't even make the playoffs last season and often go long stretches struggling to score goals.   

• 3 weeks later...

he may be injured but Evander Kane is out being a punk like always... by going to the boys and girls club and hanging out with the kids.

Here's the video including the trip to Dave n Busters

http://video.sabres.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=670&id=871220&cmpid=sm-fb-video

That is unbelievable, the lack of privacy these guys have. A guy can't go out on the town with some kids, trying to be a good citizen, without someone filming it and posting it to the Internet? Ridiculous.

Kane has watched countless games while out with injury over the years. For lack of a better term, his game lacks nuance. He is a one speed rocket of jam on the ice, a pain in the ass to play against, and a shooting machine. I don't think he can change at this point.

GO SABRES!!!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.