Evander Kane out 4-6 weeks

Hoss

Something called a Damien Cox tweeted "Karma, man" with such timing that the Twittersphere inferred he was talking about Kane and his Bust-beef Cox started with Kane a week or so ago. Cox then denied the intent, sort of.

Sports media, man. More intolerable by the day.

Does this mean our Christmas present is Kane and Lehner returning at te same time though?

Sure seems like it. You just know that GMTM is going to do something now. If we had gotten off to a great start, I'd say hey can sit on his hands, but not with Kane sitting out. Which is a shame because we don't need to trade anymore assets for temporary solutions. My guess is that the goalie situation is handled.

Something called a Damien Cox tweeted "Karma, man" with such timing that the Twittersphere inferred he was talking about Kane and his Bust-beef Cox started with Kane a week or so ago. Cox then denied the intent, sort of.

Sports media, man. More intolerable by the day.

Worse than Myspace when I was in middle school.

Marvelous...

So Bogosian did not last a training camp,

And  Lehner did not last a game

and Kane did not last a month

All big ticket acquisitions by GMTM and none of them are panning out

ROR is our leading scorer but yea, kinda sucks on the acquisition front.

Marvelous...

So Bogosian did not last a training camp,

And  Lehner did not last a game

and Kane did not last a month

All big ticket acquisitions by GMTM and none of them are panning out

Can you lay any of that at the feet of GMTM?

Looking at what Bylsma has done to date with the offensive lines, I wouldn't be surprised to see a revolving door with Rochester over the next 4-6 weeks.  He seems like he wants to tinker; this is a chance for him to plug different AHL guys in at the NHL level and see who does the best.

Can you lay any of that at the feet of GMTM?

Looking at what Bylsma has done to date with the offensive lines, I wouldn't be surprised to see a revolving door with Rochester over the next 4-6 weeks. He seems like he wants to tinker; this is a chance for him to plug different AHL guys in at the NHL level and see who does the best.

Probably not for Lehner because his career is so young, but both Kane and Bogosian have a pretty clear history of missing 10-15 or so games each season. And they both play physical games that you would think increases the likelihood of injury.

Probably not for Lehner because his career is so young, but both Kane and Bogosian have a pretty clear history of missing 10-15 or so games each season. And they both play physical games that you would think increases the likelihood of injury.

So what do you want?  Milquetoast Ellises who stay healthy for 82 games, or Kanes and Bogos that will make a difference for 70 games?

Can you lay any of that at the feet of GMTM?Looking at what Bylsma has done to date with the offensive lines, I wouldn't be surprised to see a revolving door with Rochester over the next 4-6 weeks.  He seems like he wants to tinker; this is a chance for him to plug different AHL guys in at the NHL level and see who does the best.

To a degree. All 3 have had injury issues and it wasn't out of line to expect it was possible for them to continue.

But really, the 2 injuries that happened in game were pretty flukey. The high ankle sprain coming around the net might happen to 1 (?) goalie per year in this league, and it just happened to happen to this one. The play on the boards w/ Kane started as just a routine check on the boards - nothing to see here, until Kane almost got past him and his leg got caught. And like Aud, until he got up, was thinking it was a broken ankle, so 6 weeks isn't THAT bad.

Hard to say on Bogo as we have little data about it. But wouldn't be surprised if that was flukey too.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.