Robin Lehner injury "not short-term"

Hoss

@JSportsnet: Told that Robin Lehner's skate got caught in a rut. Tough to know too much until swelling subsides. Sabres hoping just a sprain

The cast looks bad, but that is always done to play safe.   But do think he'll be out a couple of games atleast.

I still f##king hate this trade.

I never hated it, I thought it was a trade we can only judge in a year or so but if legwand turns out to be the best part of this deal everyone will hate it :P

Edited by Huckleberry

Goalies are a dime a dozen

Not quite.  I know that's the hive-mind right now, but just because Chicago was able to rattle off three Cups with solid D and amazing scorers doesn't mean that the position doesn't matter anymore.  I don't think LA or Boston would have won without their goaltending, for example.  

HIller's one idea.

I wouldn't mind seeing Enroth back, actually (not as a long-term solution), but I know he's too small for Murray to consider him.

@JSportsnet: Told that Robin Lehner's skate got caught in a rut. Tough to know too much until swelling subsides. Sabres hoping just a sprain

Players seemed to be falling untouched a lot more than usual last night. Pucks seemed awful bouncy as well. I'd have thought the ice would be in the best shape it could be in last night.

Not quite.  I know that's the hive-mind right now, but just because Chicago was able to rattle off three Cups with solid D and amazing scorers doesn't mean that the position doesn't matter anymore.  I don't think LA or Boston would have won without their goaltending, for example.  

HIller's one idea.

I wouldn't mind seeing Enroth back, actually (not as a long-term solution), but I know he's too small for Murray to consider him.

I just think they all play the angles well and are good athletes with good coaching. I was not upset when Johnson came in.

It will be interesting to see what the market rate for a goaltender is - if it turns out that Lehner is out for an extended period of time. It looks like there are several teams with NHL caliber goalie assets in their organizations.

http://news.nationalpost.com/sports/nhl/the-nhls-supply-of-starting-goaltenders-exceeds-demand-i-dont-think-expansion-can-come-quick-enough-for-goalies

Edited by SHAAAUGHT!!!

I vote not trading for anyone. Bring up Makarov and let him and Johnson split time.  We would at least know if Makarov could hack it.

You are saying this without knowing how long Lehner is out for.  What if he's gone for the season?  Your plan would essentially write off the season.

I vote not trading for anyone. Bring up Makarov and let him and Johnson split time.  We would at least know if Makarov could hack it.

What's Marty Biron up too?

I tweeted Marty something like that last year when the Sabres were out of GTs, and he replied "I'm crazy, but not that crazy."

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.