Robin Lehner injury "not short-term"

Hoss

No I don't know but nobody else is making that trade to acquire an out for the season Kane. He gift wrapped the deal.

I compare Murray to one of stupidest shows on TV - Storage Wars. They all bid on a unit. At the end the highest bidder acts like a bad ass because the other bidders decided it was too overpiced. I think Murray is Dave Hester - YUUUUP!!

You are in a fantasy land my man. You have no idea about the negotiations but think you know enough of the texts to compare it. You know zero facts and you have zero credibility with this. Keep ranting though, it's one of the points of a forum!

Ya know, I wasn't going to make you pay for the tank bet you lost with me, but you've been sufficiently annoying through two games that I'm going to. Expect a PM later today with the charity of my choice to send your $50 to.

Yes. Please do. I forgot who i made the bet with. Glad to pay it. I have a business still in the Buffalo and the donation will be under that name. Sorry I have annoyed you.

You are in a fantasy land my man. You have no idea about the negotiations but think you know enough of the texts to compare it. You know zero facts and you have zero credibility with this. Keep ranting though, it's one of the points of a forum!

It is a FORUM. This is what I think. You think differently. No problem. I made a point awhile back that i will not take these forums personal. I am done getting into one on one personal bashings. Not worth it.

This rebuild is going to go one of two ways. We are either all going to love Murray and anoint him the King of Buffalo. Or, we are going to be trying to run him out of town within 12-18 months. I think my take on which way it is going to play out is pretty obvious.

Edited by sicknfla

Yes. Please do. I forgot who i made the bet with. Glad to pay it. I have a business still in the Buffalo and the donation will be under that name. Sorry I have annoyed you.

It is a FORUM. This is what I think. You think differently. No problem. I made a point awhile back that i will not take these forums personal. I am done getting into one on one personal bashings. Not worth it.

This rebuild is going to go one of two ways. We are either all going to love Murray and anoint him the King of Buffalo. Or, we are going to be trying to run him out of town within 12-18 months. I think my take on which way it is going to play out is pretty obvious.

I don't think anyone will want to run him out of town in 12-18 months unless they are delusional in regards to thinking that he is concerned with a quick fix.  Fans thinking that he is setting his sights on a short term solution haven't been paying attention to what he has been saying.  His approach is to get better everyday, but he is a firm believer in building through the draft.  FA's will be used to get a playoff team over the top.  We might be a playoff team next year but not a cup contender.  I do not expect any knee jerk attempts to address the defense unless a top tier player becomes available ala Leddy or Boychuk.  We drafted Guhle, have McCabe in the system as well as Florentino down the road.  Will likely be looking at a D this in the draft as there are a number of good ones in the top ten.  I did not like the Lehner trade or the ROR trade, but I do like the Kane deal and Deslauriers has been a pleasant surprise.  I have high hopes for Fasching, Baptiste and Bailey and think Ulmark is the goalie of the future.  But I do not see that happening this year and am ok with it.  

Edited by 3putt

I don't think anyone will want to run him out of town in 12-18 months unless they are delusional in regards to thinking that he is concerned with a quick fix. Fans thinking that he is setting his sights on a short term solution haven't been paying attention to what he has been saying. His approach is to get better everyday, but he is a firm believer in building through the draft. FA's will be used to get a playoff team over the top. We might be a playoff team next year but not a cup contender. I do not expect any knee jerk attempts to address the defense unless a top tier player becomes available ala Leddy or Boychuk. We drafted Guhle, have McCabe in the system as well as Florentino down the road. Will likely be looking at a D this in the draft as there are a number of good ones in the top ten. I did not like the Lehner trade or the ROR trade, but I do like the Kane deal and Deslauriers has been a pleasant surprise. I have high hopes for Fasching, Baptiste and Bailey and think Ulmark is the goalie of the future. But I do not see that happening this year and am ok with it.

We have a lot of delusional fans...lol. 18 months from now will mark 3 1/2 seasons of rebuild. What is a realistic amount of time in your opinion? 5 years? If that is the case then it strengthens my point that we still need another top pick or two. Making the playoffs this year is not the goal - and it shouldn't be. Murray prwtty much told us that already.

I am not ignoring anything. The Edmonton 5 are better than our 5. Do I need to go back and provide examples of what many of you were willing to give up for Hall last year when we thought he was available?

My point is having these forwards does not guarantee crap. Without D and GT'ing you are not going to compete.

I just don't know where we get the future D from. People keep saying McCabe. What makes yout think that? Average in the AHL and most likely be aveage, at best, on the NHL.

My point in all this is Murray has neglected defense. IMO, he used the #1 picks he gave to Winnipeg and Ottawa foolishly. Winnipeg does that deal without the #1. They wanted Kane out of town. Lehner was a complete waste. May end up being decent GT he had similar or better options for less.

My feeling is this will all be much more clear when he has to trade a very valuable asset in the next year or so that he didn't have to if he would have played his cards differently. Overpaying in trades will bite you in the ass. He fell in love with Kane and ROR. Getting them was going to happen......ZFG (which term i hate BTW).

The Edmonton 5 are better than our 5 offensively, that's it.

We have a lot of delusional fans...lol. 18 months from now will mark 3 1/2 seasons of rebuild. What is a realistic amount of time in your opinion? 5 years? If that is the case then it strengthens my point that we still need another top pick or two. Making the playoffs this year is not the goal - and it shouldn't be. Murray prwtty much told us that already.

12 months from now will be two games into the 2016-17 season.  18 Months from now will be early March of the 2016-17 season.  We are talking one season.  I predict we will see progress this year.  i also predict that some of the pieces will have been evaluated and determined not be part of the future.  Gionta and Weber will be off the books by the end of that year.  Franzen as well.  Moulson will have 2 more years and will be staring down the barrel of a buyout.  The end of 2016_17 will have been 21/2 seasons under Murray.  Nobody will be running him out of town.  Ticket sales are up, there will be no rush to change course.  

I think it's important to acknowledge we weren't actually trying to get better until this offseason. While the rebuild may have technically begun awhile back, that was realistically about tearing the roster down more than building it up.

The Edmonton 5 are better than our 5 offensively, that's it.

And there's no reason to think Yakupov is better at anything, really. He can't even crack their top-6 with Eberle out.

While I disagree with Sick's conclusions, his main question is valid: Murray may have cashed in his chips on the wrong players.

Is O'Reilly, Kane, Reinhart, Eichel, Bogosian, Ristolainen and Lehner a cup-winning core?

That is what selling off the old core and two years of suffering bought us.

Sorry I have annoyed you everyone.

I think Murray has done a lot of work to start rebuilding this team. More than anyone could have possibly expected given how long he's been on the job.

While I disagree with Sick's conclusions, his main question is valid: Murray may have cashed in his chips on the wrong players.

Is O'Reilly, Kane, Reinhart, Eichel, Bogosian, Ristolainen and Lehner a cup-winning core?

Yes.

It seems to be getting worse and worse. The gang mentality seems to be becoming more prevent around here. 

The editing of other people's posts gets old. 

And there's no reason to think Yakupov is better at anything, really. He can't even crack their top-6 with Eberle out.

I don't think Yak is better than anyone in our top 5, and I would take Kane over their wingers too

It seems to be getting worse and worse. The gang mentality seems to be becoming more prevent around here. 

The complaining of a gang mentality is really getting old. 

I suspect that the gang mentality will be that there shouldn't be any criticism of the team or Murray this year. After all, they were in 30th place the last two seasons. Even if the captain, citing how much he hated the last two seasons, has already seen enough to call a players only meeting, in an apparent attempt to stop the losing before it really starts.

I suspect that the gang mentality will be that there shouldn't be any criticism of the team or Murray this year. After all, they were in 30th place the last two seasons. Even if the captain, citing how much he hated the last two seasons, has already seen enough to call a players only meeting, in an apparent attempt to stop the losing before it really starts.

I suspect that you are correct. 

Or maybe the Captain called a meeting to say:"  Guys I have been in the press box the last two games.  Interesting vantage point.  I saw two things we can correct immediately 1) Keep it simple.  don't worry about where you are supposed to be, take care of the job in front of you; and 2) shoot the puck on net.  Rebounds are as good as passes."  

The bolded part is horse hockey, Edmonton has been at it for years trying to rebuild and while it is true they lacked D and a goalie, their largest problem wasn't that, it was their sheer lack of vets to teach the kids, and all their earlier picks were practically clones.  Reinhart doesn't match up with Eichel while RNH, Hall, Eberle, and Yakopov + Gagne are extremely similar in body type and style. The first two can play in their own zone though. Our new core has far more variety and will actually play in the defensive end. We have at least 1 vs their 0 young, high end D-men. (In comparison to the Oilers in Year 3) Did I like the Zadorov deal, not so much, but we still have Pysyk, McCabe, and Guhle. To say we are completely bare on D prospects is like saying a glass of water is empty when its still half full. 

Uh oh, I'm agreeing with wookie.

I am not ignoring anything. The Edmonton 5 are better than our 5. Do I need to go back and provide examples of what many of you were willing to give up for Hall last year when we thought he was available?

They may be the better 5 as individuals, but I don't think many feel like they're the right 5 for one team's top-6. As a parallel, the small-forward Sabre era (2007-2010, say) had too many small, skill forwards on the team. There's no reason you can't have 1-2 of those guys in your top-6, but if it's the majority of the top-6, you're in for trouble.

No I don't know but nobody else is making that trade to acquire an out for the season Kane. He gift wrapped the deal.

I compare Murray to one of stupidest shows on TV - Storage Wars. They all bid on a unit. At the end the highest bidder acts like a bad ass because the other bidders decided it was too overpiced. I think Murray is Dave Hester - YUUUUP!!

I worry about Murray's prices but I dont have enough information about him yet.  We don't know if he overpaid yet or if those pieces he sold off didn't matter. 

Or maybe the Captain called a meeting to say:"  Guys I have been in the press box the last two games.  Interesting vantage point.  I saw two things we can correct immediately 1) Keep it simple.  don't worry about where you are supposed to be, take care of the job in front of you; and 2) shoot the puck on net.  Rebounds are as good as passes."  

Woah woah woah, are you saying a closed door meeting doesn't have to have a negative connotation? 

3JZNuad.gif

That is what selling off the old core and two years of suffering bought us.

Did you just try to name the Sabres' eventual cup winning core and neglect to mention ZEMGUS GIRGENSONS?!?!?

What is the point of the bolded here?  

There should be and is criticism of the team/coach so far.  But some people are already drawing conclusions... which is loony.

I didn't include him because I didn't think he was part of the tank, just great draft pick.

I guess you can say Goose was the first sell-off of the old core and Murray chose to keep that pick rather than cashing him in.

No doubt he is part of the new core.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.