Everything Sabres Uniform Related - Royal Blue Please!

CallawaySabres

Ugh, a number, a large number, a football number on the FRONT of a hockey jersey. That is freaking awful. It's just pandering. Throw a couple of Polish kids on the team and you got yourself a best seller.

Designing good jerseys isn't this hard. Who keeps getting hired for these jobs and how do we stop it?

Right? These are awful. Who the heck designs the uniforms in this franchise? Turd burger, grey pits, no more royal blue, now this monstrosity. It's like they are completely clueless.

Or maybe the Sabres franchise had little to do with these USA jerseys. Either way, celebrate USA Hockey tradition. Not NFL tradition.

They're wearing them essentially as a thank you to their host.  It's pretty obvious what they're going for and they translated those jerseys over to hockey just about identically.  I have absolutely no issue with these jerseys.  They are what they are. 

It's too bad Canada can't troll us and find a way to go with patriot or dolphin themed jerseys.

Right? These are awful. Who the heck designs the uniforms in this franchise? Turd burger, grey pits, no more royal blue, now this monstrosity. It's like they are completely clueless.

Or maybe the Sabres franchise had little to do with these USA jerseys. Either way, celebrate USA Hockey tradition. Not NFL tradition.

To be fair, I don't hate these so much as I just think this is another case where they could have gone just a little further and ended up with something GREAT instead of something that is just okay. 

To be fair, I don't hate these so much as I just think this is another case where they could have gone just a little further and ended up with something GREAT instead of something that is just okay.

Fair enough. That's like our currents.

From the latest Adidas teaser ...

post-1053-0-77208300-1497919930_thumb.png

While it continues to show that royal blue is not coming back yet, there is one positive thing to note.  The outline on the logo, which I know many would prefer to drop, is clearly WHITE, not silver.  This is a good indication that the silver will be gone.  Baby steps ...

AdidasLeak2.png

While it continues to show that royal blue is not coming back yet, there is one positive thing to note. The outline on the logo, which I know many would prefer to drop, is clearly WHITE, not silver. This is a good indication that the silver will be gone. Baby steps ...

I'll allow it.

attachicon.gifAdidasLeak2.png

While it continues to show that royal blue is not coming back yet, there is one positive thing to note.  The outline on the logo, which I know many would prefer to drop, is clearly WHITE, not silver.  This is a good indication that the silver will be gone.  Baby steps ...

This actually is progress, and makes me wonder what the stripes on the blue uniform will look like.  And are we finally rid of the armpit stains?

I think they're just getting rid of the silver; outline, two stripes and the pits. Nothing more. Cool with me don't have to replace my Reebok home jersey.

That would be a big step forward. 

Then, a royal blue WC jersey, which becomes a third and finally becomes their homes for the 50th!  It's all coming together, MUAH-HA-HA! :devil:

That would be a big step forward.

Then, a royal blue WC jersey, which becomes a third and finally becomes their homes for the 50th! It's all coming together, MUAH-HA-HA! :devil:

Let Josie design the jerseys would top it! Edited by North Buffalo

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.