Around the NHL: 2015-2016

LGR4GM

Karri "Why didn't Murray claim him" Ramo with a stellar 4 goals allowed on 23 shots amidst coughing up a 2 goal lead in the 3rd period. Good lord the Flames are bad right now. Draisaitl with 3 points on the night so far.

You mean stats are indicative of success?

Tons of soft players made a living in the NHL. Is Hodgson the biggest puss to ever play in the league?

I'm not sure what it is that defines Hodgson. I think its soft or maybe he just lost the desire to succeed. Grit, fortitude and perseverance all get you to the NHL and having the skill Cody has or had helps but I think some guys just lose the desire. I lost the desire to continue playing organized hockey when I hit 35. Loved playing the game until then. Not sure why that left me but it was time to hang em up. 

Nashville fans speak up about Cody. I do wish him well and hope he rights the ship.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1971669

He's Poile's problem.  I loved him coming out of Brampton, but man he's just fallen off the cliff.  It starts and ends with his desire/compete.  Followed up with terrible conditioning. 

Nashville fans speak up about Cody. I do wish him well and hope he rights the ship.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1971669

If I read that right, it appears their posts direct their criticism toward management on having Hogdson on a 3rd line shut down role. His stats other than the biggest ones (scoring/assists) are very good. Sounds like he is stuck on a line asking to be play Teds Nolan hockey. I wonder why he isn't succeeding? Please bring out the dead horse, I do believe it had a spasm!

Edited by Woods-Racer

There are WAYYYY more brothers in the NHL than I thought.

The Giontas (Brian and Stephen)

The McGinns (Jamie, Brock, Tye)

The Michaleks (Zybnek and Milan)

The Smiths (Brenden and Reilly)

The Van Reimsdyks (James and Trevor)

The Folignos (Marcus and Nick)

The Benns (Jamie and Jordie)

The Staals (Jordan and Eric - other one out of league)

The Reinharts (Griffin and Samson - other one out of league)

The Schenns (Brayden and Luke)

The Millers (Drew and Ryan)

The Stones (Mark and Mike)

The Sedins (Dan and Henrik)

The Granlunds (Markus and Mikael)

The Hayes' (Jimmie and Kevin)

I can think of a few brothers with one in the NHL and one in the AHL such as the O'Reillys, Subbans, Samuelsons and Hamiltons.

I got all of those off the top of my head except for the Hayes which I knew were brother but forgot existed. I think that's the complete list.

There are WAYYYY more brothers in the NHL than I thought.

The Giontas (Brian and Stephen)

The McGinns (Jamie, Brock, Tye)

The Michaleks (Zybnek and Milan)

The Smiths (Brenden and Reilly)

The Van Reimsdyks (James and Trevor)

The Folignos (Marcus and Nick)

The Benns (Jamie and Jordie)

The Staals (Jordan and Eric - other one out of league)

The Reinharts (Griffin and Samson - other one out of league)

The Schenns (Brayden and Luke)

The Millers (Drew and Ryan)

The Stones (Mark and Mike)

The Sedins (Dan and Henrik)

The Granlunds (Markus and Mikael)

The Hayes' (Jimmie and Kevin)

I can think of a few brothers with one in the NHL and one in the AHL such as the O'Reillys, Subbans, Samuelsons and Hamiltons.

I got all of those off the top of my head except for the Hayes which I knew were brother but forgot existed. I think that's the complete list.

Nothing quite like the Sutter clan dominating the 80's though.

I'm sure you were talking Jared Staal (pretty sure that's the youngest brother's name, unless I am somehow confusing him with Jarret Stoll) but Marc is still around.

Nope. Family disowned him since he's not in Carolina.

Just kidding I knew I was forgetting a Staal.

He's Poile's problem.  I loved him coming out of Brampton, but man he's just fallen off the cliff.  It starts and ends with his desire/compete.  Followed up with terrible conditioning. 

Cody played well against the Kings last game (that was an unbelievable game BTW).  He is getting chances, but isn't finishing...sound familiar?  But, really it doesn't matter much since he was signed at only $1.05 million for one year.  He's a cheap experiment basically.

He's Ted Nolan with a HoF playing career to stave off the hot seat for longer. Without that, he'd have been fired by now.

The # of HoF players that can/could actually coach can pretty much be counted on one hand.

For some reason telling others to 'go where the puck is going to be, not where it is' WITHOUT having the corresponding ability to tell them HOW to do that doesn't often work well.